BOXX Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Krause

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Boxx Technologies"

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time

Pros

Boxx is a fun place to work where management takes initiative to have team building events. Casual work enviroment and constant performance reviews.

Cons

Depending on which department you are in there may be limited room for advancement.

2. "Things have been great so far!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just completed my 2nd week with BOXX and it's been nothing but a pleasant experience thus far. I love the office environment and everyone I've encountered has been very warm and welcoming. I even got sick just a few days into my employment and they were nothing but accommodating.

Cons

I feel like I seem biased if I don't list at least one con. The only picky thing I can come up with is the same thing that bothers me wherever I work, so it's no big deal. But, overhead fluorescent lighting makes me strain my eyes, especially when doing detailed editing.

Advice to Management

This has been the best on-boarding experience I've had in my career. The benefits are great and the environment is perfect for my personal style. Again, if I had to list one thing that I might like to eventually see, it would be the option to telecommute every once-in-a-while. Austin traffic can be a real pain sometimes.

BOXX Technologies Response

Mar 21, 2016 – Human Resources Mgr.

Happy to hear your onboarding experience was good! I believe if you want the fluorescent lighting removed above your work area, you can ask our Director of Operations. Let me know if you need any... More

3. "Happy to be here"

Pros

Good Benefits
    Friendly and supportive work environment

Cons

Pay could be improved to what other small tech companies are paying.

Advice to Management

Faster innovation

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Technician in Austin, TX

Pros

The atmosphere at Boxx is excellent. Everyone from management to marketing to engineering and production have a good camaraderie. It feels relaxed but everyone works hard.

Cons

I would like to be given a bigger work load. I believe this is only an issue with my position.

5. "BOXX ROXX !!!"

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time

Pros

It is exciting to work for a company with such growth potential. Our customers do amazing things with our solutions and it is very rewarding to consult with clients who really need direction based on the work they engage in.

Cons

Considering there is a big push to reduce traffic woes in the Austin area and keep this city safer and smog free, it would be nice if the company would consider WFH days (work from home) like other companies do in this region.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees in a positive, hard working, energetic environment.

"Take a look at the positive reviews, they are all anonymous."

I worked at BOXX Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great.

Cons

The leadership is a joke. I have seen them in yelling argument. Departments are pitted against one another and they so not take care of their employees. When I had an issue I went to HR and they told me if I did not like it I should look for something else. It is a boys club, not a place for women.

BOXX Technologies Response

Sep 8, 2015 – Human Resources Mgr.

It's unfortunate that you feel this way. We take pride in the fact that BOXX is a great place to work and our turnover numbers reflect that. Both in 2014 and in 2015 we had 2 resignations each of... More

7. "Happy to be part of the BOXX team"

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work to get things done, and done right! A good mix of longtime employees and newbies, thanks to the company continuing to grow. Always involved in charities and doing things for the community.

Cons

No real cons to report ...

Advice to Management

Looking forward to growing with the BOXX team - proud to be onboard!

BOXX Technologies Response

May 5, 2015 – Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your positive comments. They are appreciated!

8. "BOXX Employee"

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. It is quite most of the time around the office because everyone is so focused on what they are doing but when it comes to unwinding time, there is a ping pong table. The majority of the people in this company have been here for 6-10 years, which tells you a lot about their satisfaction with the company. CEO brings doughnuts for everyone every other Friday.

Cons

Their isn't much of an opportunity to move up in the company and there isn't much of a culture.

Advice to Management

Have more team building fun activities where employees can bond more. The Fish committee should schedule more pot lucks, happy hours, etc.

BOXX Technologies Response

Oct 13, 2014 – Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your comments. We like hearing from new employees, because we feel your perspective is so important to our future. I see that you have been here less than a year, so you will see more... More

9. "I love the Can-Do culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked in past for both large public companies as well as small start-ups, BOXX is the perfect blend of large company approach with a small nimble company execution. I love the Can-Do culture here.

The company values your contribution and encourages both personal and professional growth.

Cons

I can't think of any major cons, the benefits are quite good including 401k matching but the usual small company challenges like fewer options (smaller group) for Health Insurance etc.

Advice to Management

Management has done a pretty good job in turning company around in the last 5 years, I would like them to continue to pursue aggressive growth agenda.

10. "It's amazing working here. This company actually cares about it's employees, & it shows."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's not all work & no play here. They expect us to work hard, but also know the benefits of getting out of the office, & doing something fun, creative, & team building. It's a fun atmosphere while @ work, every ones kind, & respectful of others. You gain a lot experience, & growth working here. Hands down one of the best companies I've worked for.

Cons

I know the only way to better one's self is constructive criticism. But i really don't have a con. Upper management's always telling the employees, what a great job we're all doing. That Boxx is a team, while you might work in a different department, we all work under one roof, one goal; to be better, & strive for perfection.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. The more you care about your employees, the harder they'll work for you. Its easy getting up early & coming to work knowing that management has your back. That's way it's easy bend over backwards for this company, you don't even know your doing it, because they care so much.