BRG Research Services Reviews | Glassdoor

BRG Research Services Reviews

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Interviewer for a couple years now"

Pros

Easy, flexible work. Great for college students. Nice new location and good parking. Coworkers are nice. Reaching goals is easy as long as you have a professional tone and are courteous on the phone. They now have incentives when you hit goals. They have snacks drinks and food you can conveniently buy at good prices (better than I can get at the convenience store and even supermarket). The supervisors are understanding. I saw in another review that being monitored made them nervous but in my experience as long as you are not breaking or bending the rules there is nothing to worry about. Everyone makes small mistakes at times and supervisors understand that.

Cons

Can be stressful(see below). At times work can slow down and hours are reduced but not too often.

Advice to Management

The owner causes the project directors stress and that gets projected onto us. From what I understand the upper management and even the supervisors do not get paid enough for what they do. I would have said interviewers don't get paid enough but with the new incentives in place it looks to be much more fair. The owner needs to realize that members of his management team are essential to his success and he needs to invest in them. It may be detrimental if a project director or the head supervisor were to leave. They have all been there for many years and none of them are replaceable.

2. "It's okay...I ended up quitting quickly because I was overworked."

Former Employee - Night Supervisor in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Night Supervisor in Orem, UT

I worked at BRG Research Services full-time

Pros

- The majority of higher-ups are nice most of the time.
    - Good starting pay.
    - Flexible hours if you are an interviewer.
    - Location is easy to get to and parking is convenient.

Cons

- Inflexible hours if you are a supervisor. Be ready to work 2:30PM-10PM.
    - Supervisors are overworked and undertrained.
    - Management can be a little overbearing at times if production rate is low.
    - Work can slow down dramatically to the point of only a couple of hours a shift at the most inconvenient times of the day (~8PM).
    - Somewhat unfair to supervisors because they don't get paid as much as they should and cannot get raises unlike the interviewers.
    - Interviewers get sent home OFTEN for not producing enough and get called off work because there's nothing to do. So, do not expect to work the schedule you gave them when you applied.

Advice to Management

Two things:

1. Think about your interviewers more. If they're not happy, they'll leave. Wage is nice, but sometimes they can't even get the hours because they get called off or sent home for no reason.

2. Train your supervisors well. They are the link between management and the workforce. The communication between the project managers and the supervisors is minimal at best. Daily meetings are held for a couple minutes to state the obvious, but nothing more. I knew what was going to happen for the shifts, but I was left to fend for myself working the clunky and glitchy Voxco system and had to look up YouTube videos and read manuals in order to write reports correctly.

"It is a okay job"

Current Employee - Night Telephone Interviewer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Night Telephone Interviewer in Provo, UT

I have been working at BRG Research Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to talk to people on the phone that you don't know.

Cons

being monitored and not knowing you are and feeling nervous not knowing.