KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

227 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

“Bringing bright minds and big hearts to solve real problems”

Sep 5, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

BRMi’s vision statement rings true: “Bringing bright minds and big hearts to solve real problems.” Yep, that says it all! I started with BRMi April 2021. The on-boarding process was smooth and easy. I feel valued and respected. Management has been extremely supportive since day one. Plus management, at all levels, are approachable. They encourage you to grow and learn. I’ve been with the company 5 months and I’ve already taken two courses ( 3 days of training), which the company paid for. Everyone I encounter at BRMi is smart, capable, hard-working and good at what they do. I could go on and on, but I’ll conclude by saying that I’m proud to be a part of this organization.

Cons

Only cons are related to the pandemic - not feeling as connected as I would like.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good job, but no advancement opportunities

Nov 3, 2021 - Desktop Support Technician in Frederick, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good job, great clients. Good hours

Cons

If you are in the in crowd, you move up. Traffic into base can be a nightmare

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not the best, not the worst

Sep 1, 2021 - Computer Technician III in Frederick, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team, smart employees who should probably be paid more

Cons

Corporate doesn’t care about the business they purchase, we’re just here to make $$$ off our contract. That’s the only way I can explain why my bonus was 25% of what it was last year. Awful management practices, they choose to promote people who have no leadership experience and then wonder why everyone is doing so poorly.

2 people found this review helpful

BRMi Response

Recruiting Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback. As a company we have always and will continue to go to great lengths to protect the culture of the organization and the quality of our service delivery. We work very hard to make BRMI and its affiliates the best we possibly can. As is our stated approach, you should feel free to raise any specific issues to management from our CEO on down. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you to address any specific concerns.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Top consulting firm

Jun 26, 2021 - Marketing Strategist in Vienna, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking to do any contracting work with large respected companies please consider this firm. They are way ahead of their competitors in benefits offering pretty much comparable to the clients' sites. They also have created an inside team unit work culture that makes you feel good to represent them when working on the main client site. They have time off, holiday, and sick leave with 401K options. They host team-building activities and the owner really cares about each employee. Compensation is good and meets area requirements. They don't short change you here. ALL upper management is friendly and super helpful no matter how high up. Easy to reach and talk to. They actually work hard to ensure you are happy and taken care of..something not many companies are doing now of days. Would still be there if I didn't need to relocate.

Cons

Non directly correlated to BRMi the company itself.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Apr 9, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

BRMi has excellent benefits and a great company culture with a CEO who cares for his employees. Pre-pandemic, we had office lunches pretty regularly and continue to have company events (most recently virtual events) that allow the employees to connect and get to know each other. BRMi has even recently implemented a Diversity & Inclusion team which has included voluntary meetings and emails to promote a better understanding of cultures and history.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons-it has really been great working here

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very Solid Firm that Continuous to Grow

Apr 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation/Benefits - compensation seems on par with other comparable firms in the area; however, this is probably dependent on negotiated/agreed upon salary and LCAT. Managers will lobby on behalf of high performers. Health and retirement benefits are decent. Culture/Values - BRMi culture and values are very strong and evident through initiatives for the community, diversity/inclusion, and transparency; its hard to breakthrough to consultants on client sites, but the company does a solid job with engagement. No “up-or-out” practices/policies. Diversity/Inclusion - very inclusive organization with consultants (and leadership) representative of different walks of life, including age, race, ethnicity, and gender. BRMi routinely hosts conversations and encourages discourse for deeper understandings/insights of causes employees are passionate about. Senior Management - the pods and structure make leadership accessible and visible to client-facing resources. Senior management is solidly active and engaged toward worksite happenings, and proactive at addressing concerns with clients or internal team members. Work/Life Balance - standard utilization for consultants with some extra time towards proposal work (if choosing to be involved); management encourages PTO usage and consultants can choose to participate (or not) with corporate initiatives as they see fit.

Cons

Career Opportunities - company appears solid at moving individual contributors through corresponding stages; however, jumping from individual contributor to management seems ambiguous, likely dependent on worksite and visibility of project. BRMi promotes from within (which is good) but difficult to see how to get from the “journeyman” to “senior” level roles.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

People-Oriented Company

Jan 5, 2021 - Retired in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

BRMi's leadership philosophy is to place employees in the roles that enable them to grow and prosper. Core values in BRMi's strategic plan include their commitment to treasure and celebrate diversity and to work as a team to leverage each other’s assets and expertise which helps each individual and the company to grow. These values guide decision-making on matters that define the future of the company. BRMi strives to continuously evolve the services being offered by updating employee skills in emerging technologies and methodologies. Employees are encouraged to adopt new skills and lead others in implementing them to improve client operations, providing multiple opportunities for personal growth.

Cons

None. BRMi stands out as a preferred employer among other companies in their field.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Talks a good game, lacks follow through

Dec 20, 2020 - Human Resources Generalist in Silver Spring, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hires a diverse staff and has opportunities for employees to grow through a training and education reimbursement program. Supervisors often advocate for their employees with upper management.

Cons

There's a mismatch between the idealistic goals said to employees during the on-boarding process and the actual opportunities available once you've been hired. Upper Management encourages unpaid work on behalf of the company but doesn't recognize or respect the efforts once they've been concluded. Taking on additional tasks outside the scope of your position often leads to grief in the future because it won't be rewarded. The highest and best performing employees often suffer from burnout in our attempts to meet internal and client goals, due to the burden of "other duties as assigned" (or not).

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Welcoming Company

Sep 24, 2020 - Administrative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I onboarded during the pandemic. I was hesitant onboarding virtually but BRMi has adjusted the process well to fit the curent situation. Management is approachable and there is a well established open door policy. Mike Battle (CEO) is always open to employees ideas. The company is diverse and accepting. You feel valued as a person and not just another employee. Managment is organizing virtual events to get employees engaged. BRMi seems to be doing its best with the current work climate they are faced with. I have all of my questions answered and the onboarding process went smoothly. There is a feeling of a sense of a community rather than just another 9-5 job. I have experienced many pushes from management to strengthen my skills and have been handed the tools to do so. I enjoy BRMi and it is a joy to work here.

Cons

I have not faced a con of being a part of BRMi yet. The company seems to be taking on a new wave of enthusiastic young employees and I am excited to see what comes of it.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Muddled business strategy

Aug 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, respectful staff and management

Cons

Lack discipline and can't deliver hard messages

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews