BRR Architecture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company & Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

I have been working at BRR Architecture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with BRR for a little over a year, and I have found it to be a good culture made up of genuinely good people. The principal over my studio has encouraged me when I needed it most, offers praise when we make progress and continually challenges the whole team to do better. The top leaders of the company promote quality over quantity, and they care about their people, clients and doing the right thing.

Cons

There are programs and awards in place that encourage growth and advancement. It’s a fairly large company, so advancement is competitive and requires individual drive and responsibility.

2. "Great co workers. But equally terrible pay for everyone that isn't part of leadership."

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like a small firm with the studio culture making you feel like part of a family.

Cons

However the pay and raises for good employees is where this company falls extremely short. This is where you will start to feel the company is extremely corporate. There is essentially no difference in raises between well performing and under performing employees.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to retain your good employees. It's not to much to ask to be properly compensated when a lot of employees took the time to get there masters degree or are really good workers.

3. "It's a great place to work and grow."

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at BRR Architecture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers great hours and benefits. They are flexible around a family schedule.

Cons

I know I could be making more money across town. I feel like the type of work is fairly limited.

Advice to Management

Please allow us to branch out into various types of business. All of our offices are in growing regions, we can produce great work with our very talented staff.

4. "Office politics at its best, no advancement unless you are "in" with the right clique."

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time

Pros

The benefits offered and 401k program are decent.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement or growth unless you are ahead of the office politics.

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Donut days, corporate challenge, friendly co-workers workers, ok pay, close proximity to home. Decent office environment for the size of company.

Cons

Not muchfrom for advancement unless you are IN with the top dogs. The majority of their work is Walmart. Owners drive cars worth as much as someone's house and love to show them off. The president thinks the company needs to layoff a bunch of people because they aren't making enough to afford that 3rd vacation home. Remember the movie the Matrix?..I wish I didn't take the BLUE pill. Glad after many years I decided to take the RED pill.

Advice to Management

Take the RED pill.

"CEO loves his 2nd home and cruises"

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Holiday Party, BRR Sponsored Activities

Cons

Marketing at the time would hand out cards for employees to write why they love BRR. Never a suggestion box to help make BRR a better place, because in their eyes, BRR is already the best and room for improvement wasn't needed.
    BRR had a 50 volunteer days for their 50 year anniversary. When you volunteer, and do things over lunch, team leaders would get upset that you wouldn't be working on their project (because if you're in the building, you should be working on their project). BRR "encouraged" employees to volunteer, but didn't want to pay for all the "free time" that you have so they can have a good "face" to the public. BRR does pay for 8 hours of volunteer hours, but there are requirements, such as, it can only be from 8-5 on a work day. if you volunteer Saturday and Sunday, sorry, that's on you.
    When 20+ employees were let go, the CEO and COO just came back from a cruise, and telling these employees that they were tight on money. WOW. Come back from a cruise and come back with a tan and two days later, let those people go. One of the people they let go have been there over 30 years!!
    When you bring concerns up to your supervisor, or team leader, ... sorry, it's only going to put a checkmark by your name as a "trouble maker". When your project manager have been treating you poorly, and you go through the right steps (going to supervisor a couple times, and nothing happens, then go HR...)... sadly, HR doesn't help you a single bit. They just shuffle you around to different teams to keep you happy rather than solving the problem so the next person wouldn't have issues, but that's rarely the case. You're really just alone when you are abused by a rude project manager. Sadly that no one up top cares or want to care.

Advice to Management

care about your employees and not how to make "face" for your company. it's your employees that MAKE your company.

7. "Great company to work for. Great people to work with."

Former Employee - Manager in Merriam, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Merriam, KS

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Great attitude throughout the teams. Always looking to improve client/ consultant relationships. Good place to work to become a better architect.

Cons

Hard to advance especially with the size of the company. Unless you make yourself stand out, you will get overlooked.

Advice to Management

Bring back beer 30. Remember where you came from.

"Somewhat fun but low salary"

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

Pros

Donut day
    Kccc supporter
    Employee lounge with games, couches, bar, tvs

Cons

Low salaries.
    They seem to try to make it up with office remodels, coffee machines, donut day, etc.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about paying your good people more. Those people really do not havevtime to use the perks you provide. Some wont even use them because they have no interest in them.

"No growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time

Pros

The pros for working here were the holiday parties

Cons

No room for growth, no leadership that truly cared

"Don't get caught up in the adversarial collegiate politics that takes place here!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Merriam, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Merriam, KS

I worked at BRR Architecture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice working conditions and provisions.

Cons

Very political with regard to whom gets promoted, no matter how much work you put in.

Advice to Management

Be more fair with regard to promoting by seniority, and not on which Kansas college you graduated from.