BSH Home Appliances USA Reviews | Glassdoor

BSH Home Appliances USA Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2020

3.8
BSH Home Appliances USA President and CEO  Christofer von Nagel (no image)
Christofer von Nagel
  1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast Pace Environment, Great Culture

Cons

Can be boring sometimes, Repetitive

BSH Home Appliances USA2019-08-04
  2. "Global Company with LOTS of Opportunity"

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of reviews here talking about the German culture. It's a German company so you will definitely meet people from Germany and be exposed to some German culture. HQ in Germany has oversight on a lot but that does not mean things take a long time or do not happen. If you want something done, and you are persistent and make your case, it will move forward at a fast pace. "Politics" don't really exist when it comes to getting your work done, like some have stated; rather, it's about "use-cases" to execs and HQ so that you can convince them to devote resources with reason, and not blindly. Management is accessible and friendly. Environment is collaborative and engaging if you put in the effort. HR is great with support. Definitely working to improve employee engagement and support.

Cons

Silos do exist, but they are slowly being connected. If you push, you will see better results individually. Like everything else in life, persistence is key. A bit behind in some aspects of business, but quickly catching up. Again, if you're smart about the way you approach new solutions/ideas, you can definitely make an impact. Take a good look at resource allocation and make some changes. Some balancing needs to be done by paying attention which dept. truly impact your bottom line vs. what you're currently heavily invested in.

BSH Home Appliances USA2019-02-13
  3. "Marketing"

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent team spirit in Irvine - Can do attitude - Great and respectful colleagues - Work life balance

Cons

- Dependencies on slow moving global corporate in Munich - Silos across locations

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-10-26
  4. "Best environment by far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

My manager is the best I've ever had. He teaches us a high level understanding of the business. He trusts us to manage our work load and make decisions. My team is reliable and hard working. Outside of my team, I have fantastic working relationships. I received a promotion within the first year.

Cons

Occasionally changes are made slowly just as in any large organization. It does not affect me greatly but sometimes slows down processes. BSH is aware that it is a problem and is actively trying to improve through agile coaching and organizational development.

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-06-19
  5. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, great coworkers, constructive feedback from mgmt and team oriented atmosphere

Cons

IT equipment/ tools could be improved

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-04-12

"Great Place"

I worked at BSH Home Appliances USA part-time

Pros

Friendly employees Opportunity for growth is high Good salary

Cons

Sadly, many jobs were outsourced.

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-03-07

"Good"

Customer Service Representative in New Bern, NC

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA

Pros

It's good company with great benefits and your coworkers are pretty great. The pay is very competitive for the work you do.

Cons

The job itself is quite annoying. You're just on the phone all day (obviously it's a call center) and some of the customers are quite rude but you take the good with the bad.

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-02-28

"Fantastic Company to work for"

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok, just to be clear, this is my eighth job since 2006, and it blows every one of those away. The culture, the people, the work life balance. It's all awesome. That's not to say there aren't issues, but these people know the right way to work. They know that family and personal life come first, it is ok to fail which enables people to be more creative, leadership is friendly and approachable, and my boss acknowledges individual contributions and truly treats me like a colleague instead of a subordinate. It truly inspires me to work harder to thank them for being great to me, and gives me a sense of pride and loyalty to a company that I haven't felt before and didn't know existed. Also they are owned primarily by a charitable trust and contribute a lot to St. Judes, so you know your work does good in the world.

Cons

I had some difficulty with onboarding, and occasionally people can't get the support they need from corporate hq to maximize their results and ensure future competitiveness. This is nothing compared to the benefits though.

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-01-13
  9. "Team leader"

Current Employee - Setter

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefit 401k vacation 40hr work week

Cons

Long hours sometimes work in bad weather

BSH Home Appliances USA2018-01-04

"CSR"

I have been working at BSH Home Appliances USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to grow and learn the manufacturing business and the management is amazingly nice also the Operations Manager

Cons

Difficult customers with sometimes unable to resolve their complaints because of user error

BSH Home Appliances USA2017-10-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 93 reviews