BT Reviews | Glassdoor

BT CEO Gavin Patterson
Gavin Patterson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Full of sharks, ready to eat their customers and colleagues"

Former Employee - Proposition Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Proposition Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Massive company, lots of opportunity, good benefits package

Cons

Don't care about customers at all, very difficult to get decisions agreed, very tall hierarchy, every action needs an escalation, lots of jobsworths justifying their positions without adding much value. High pressure to deliver, quite a few high aspirers who will trample on people to get what they want, make sure you stand up for yourself

Advice to Management

Stop trying to screw over your customers all the time, give people broader remits to make decision making easier

2. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Budapest (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Notebook, good colleagues, some opportunity to work abroad

Cons

No work-life balance, overtime constantly, no modern ERP systems, you don't know the employment policy only after the start the work

3. "Slow Organisation"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security, job for live, lots of mobility in terms of moving around org, flexible working style location wise

Cons

Feels like nothing changes, too many people doing the same thing so nothing gets done, also fails to attract younger market so is full of people who have often lost thier mojo and are just waiting for pension. Unclear policies and outdated ways of working which impact and impede progression personally but overall for the business as well.

Advice to Management

Dramatic change of management.
    Review policies in place - become more innovative.
    Stop role / function duplication and over complication.

4. "Customer support"

Pros

Great flexibility and time keeping

Cons

Long hours and long shifts

Advice to Management

More opportunities to learn

"Good company but will dispose you at a blink of an eye."

Former Employee - Global Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Global Account Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Global services and products. Knowledgeable professionals. Provides training and the adequate internal tools to perform your job. Solid market reputation.

Cons

Not a diverse company in the US (if you are a latino, prepare to be a fish out of water). Line manager gave me no feedback for one year, one day out of the blue he had an one on one call painting the picture black (about my funnel, which happened to be huge just a few weeks before and dropped considerably after losing an important bid) - I told him I would come up with a plan and would present it to him on our next one on one call two weeks later. Well, two weeks later he fired me. I had no feedback about my work for one year, everything was fine, and suddenly, as a big surprise I was out. The hiring process was super professional and fast, the dismissal, the opposite - it was the most disrespectful process I've ever seen. I received one email and that was it. No information whatsover regarding my receivables, my healthcare, vacations, etc - I was sent back and forth from Peopleline to HR a million times, I had to chase information for a month. I felt like a number. Disposable. That's not the right way to treat people. They should work on a respectful way to dismiss employees with a justifiable business reason (not just a phone call and one email), and have quarterly reviews about performance, to avoid surprises like mine (I was at 130% attainment of my sales quota by the way).

6. "Not a good company to work for."

I have been working at BT full-time

Pros

Less work load at times. Flexible work timings. Good increments.

Cons

Very poor Indian senior and middle management as they try to please the UK management. Hiring based on Chacha Bhatija culture - nepotism. UK management has no visibility and shows no concern of what's happening with India employees. Use of legacy tools. Not an employee centric company. Very poor bonus.

Advice to Management

Senior or mid management in UK and India should make an effort to understand and address the concerns of the employees.

BT Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Social Media and Content Co-Ordinator

Sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us! We’ll be sharing your feedback with the HR team in India, but we’d recommend raising your concerns with you HR team on management as we strive to... More

"Too much politics"

Former Employee - One of Middle Management Team in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - One of Middle Management Team in New Delhi (India)

I worked at BT full-time

Pros

Good company to work. Lots of challenges to solve very good culture and process. Under utilized younger generations innovation and creativity.

Cons

Most of the problems with BT is their old aged leadership team and their politics to keep them survive. Even if employees send note to top mgt. it is being passed on to the same team to resolve. :). This creates more "Yes Minister" second layer. Italy is one of the incident. India still peaks with internal politics. No honest and good employee neither allowed to get in nor allowed to recognize their hard work.

Advice to Management

Your challenges are not outside. It is inside.
    Please do a due diligence before you face another Italy crises. We need a top mgmt team as enabler to business success not to resolve their politics and scores using their team.

"Ok Ok to Join"

Current Employee - Senior Professional in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Professional in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work to gain business side of knowledge

Cons

1) No Onsite
    2) No proper Management
    3) No Growth
    4) Nothing much to learn
    5) This is neither Product Based nor Service Based

9. "Management"

Pros

- Strategic office location, close to Kerinchi LRT station

Cons

- Need a lot of improvement on KLGDC management.
    - Team size is shrinking

"Average work with Good flexibility"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at BT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-work from home
    -good pay (better than any Indian MNC) (but now the average pay is reduced for new joiners)
    -no in out timings (that goes against you when you get stuck in a project where you r alone to handle it)
    -Team lunches, dinners (that's it)

Cons

- you tend to get work which is repetitive
    - since it is repeating manager thinks you can again do it alone (regardless of the size and complexity)
    - since you did once earlier now it is expected to be done in lesser time
    - no new learning after a while (after first six months I was aware of all type of possible work I could get)
    - noone wants to code (everyone wants to delegate the work to juniors)
    - noone wants to support (if they are assigned support work they will reach to their "friends" and get rid of the work.
    - people spend months without work even when other guys are literally burning midnight oil for projects.
    - lot of politics when it comes to resource allocation.
    - the manager has no idea of what kind of projects team is capable of, in fact he thinks lowly of the team and doesn't trust them because of above reasons, since they showed lack of intent in accepting work earlier, manager also doesn't assign the work properly. If a guy accepts work without cribbing, manager thinks of assigning everything to him without thinking of workload. If the guy complains of workload or stress, he is at fault as he can't manage his work properly.
    - ppl are in mood to be in call always and keep on discussing same thing again and again. There is no intent of getting the work done, but people get excited about talking the work.
    -project delivery is planned way before the requirements are even discussed
    - manager wants to show to his boss that he did something great and in desperate attempts they accept things which are next to impossible, which later are delayed, which again creates bad name for the team.
    - after a while ppl do not care about work, they are just happy with team lunches and dinners and the salary they are getting with the very little work (calls) they do every day.
    -it's a culture to wear headphone whole day and do nothing.
    - people are only sitting there now because they have no capability to do work in any other organization now, or maybe they like to spend their day like this.
    - it's very comfortable for few people to retire into this kind of job, so they just try to escape real work and try to be leads, call themselves designers.
    -designers treat developers very lowly sometimes by assigning the work and since every other person is designer, the workload on developer is more most of the time.
    - the politics is played in every project and even in who gets to travel to UK.
    -travel to UK is pathetic, as there is no policy for long travel, but some employees who were close to management found a way to get it.
    -short travel also, company doesn't support employees much, employees must pay visa fee themselves and other arrangements like even flights, these are later reimbursed.
    - no late night cab facility (not even for women)
    - the team has no vision what work they should do, and what are the capable of.
    -HR has no policies defined, they answer after taking actions when they reach that point. They don't know if the resigned employee will recieve salary or not. They don't knw how PF process works, they can't even print a offer letter also correctly in first attempt. Most pathetic HR i ever met, lazy and trying to escape work. Accenture handles all HR queries and they take their own sweet time to answer. BT HR is just to organize onam meals and click pictures.

Advice to Management

Management is busy in saving themselves, they don't have time to really work on the issues.

Showing 304 of 1,894 reviews