BT Reviews | Glassdoor

BT Reviews

Updated March 21, 2017

Cons

1. "Flexible for some telecommuters; lousy benefits"

I have been working at BT full-time

Pros

Some folks can telecommute
    access to global teams and opportunities to try different things
    pay is on par with most consulting companies

Cons

horrible benefits ("disaster insurance" only, with high deductibles and the need to sock away money in an HSA. a miserable start to each year)
    awful secrecy with upper managers, and frequent reorgs which don't really solve anything

Advice to Management

If you think reorganization (2 times a year or more!) is the solution, you don't understand the problem

"Good and bad"

I have been working at BT full-time

Pros

Good vacation time, medical benefits and flexibility

Cons

Complex alignment of business units. Slow decision making and entirely too much process and bureaucracy. A good place to work if you have a great deal of patience or just want to make it through to pension collection.

"Senior Consultant - Advise"

I have been working at BT full-time

Pros

There is a lot of training available if you build the right relationships.

Cons

The company is very large and broken up. It is tough accomplish anything with HR. Raises only happen if you have an offer in hand and you on a high billing engagement. Bonuses are hardly worth it every quarter Advise loses money and greater BT boasts huge profits... BT is all who you know not what you know. Advancement only comes from having a relationship with people above you.

Advice to Management

Restructure the sales force so that you are selling things that your technical force can deliver not what you think is most profitable. Do not just focus on the 10 million+ deals and focus on any decent billing opportunity and win with quantity...

5. "Manager"

Pros

Great colleagues, great work/life balance opportunities to work remotely. Ability to work flexible hours as a team or an individual.

Cons

Upper Management continuously asks for input over and over again but lacks the ability to effectively act on the advice given

Advice to Management

Obviously the company has to pay attention to the bottom line in order to survive, however, it should not be the only or most important part of a successfully run operation.

6. "Operator"

I worked at BT full-time

Pros

Benefits, coworkers, flexible time, timeoff

Cons

salary, no room for advancement at location

Advice to Management

More training for employees

"losing faith"

Pros

Compensation, work from home policy

Cons

downsizing and cost cutting, benefits getting worse,

8. "Unfair, Biased And Type Of Dismissal!"

Former Employee - Technology in Ireland, WV
    Former Employee - Technology in Ireland, WV

I worked at BT (More than a year)

Pros

The Environment Is Quite Nice, Pay Was Alright, Friendly Atmosphere. I Worked To the Best Of My Ability, Yet Not Appreciated.
    We Only Learn Based On Trial And Error And Not Being Fatalistic at Response.
    No One Develops Him/Herself Based On

Cons

It was A Contract, I was Shocked to hear that After a short period I Had to Leave Without Any Notice.
    It Was A Shock To Me, The Communication Was Poor, Had To Stuggle to Get Stuffs Through Or Done.
    No One Develops Him/Herself Based On Such Fatal Response I witnessed Within This Global Corporate Entity.
    It was Quite A Ridiculous Type Of Induction And Preparation To Get One Immersed Fully Into The Environment.
    Shamelessly I was Let Go Suddenly Without A Just Reason But Discrimination I Must Say.

Advice to Management

Be Fair, Unbiased and Non-Discriminatory So that You Too Will Get Rewarded In Good Measure Rather Than Just Pick On Someone You Don't Like and Throw Him/Her Out.
    The Action Was Tantamount To Calamity Without Notice If I Must Describe It Well, We See This All Over The World.
    Therefore, If you Like your Rest Days To Be Well Fulfilled, Treat Contract Worker With Fairnes and Kindness.
    The Company Meant Really Well For All Irrespective Of their Race, You the Managers are the One Blackmailing this Great Company With Your Wicked Deeds, Again I Urge you To Imbibe / Invoke the Principle Of Unity With All You May Come Across In Future Because You Don't Know How You Will End Up So That One Day An Aggreived One Won't Storm Your Household For Revenge As Done All Around The World.

9. "Average"

I have been working at BT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to get exposed to global customers and large, complex IT/Telecom outsourcing contracts.

Cons

Slow processes and not integrated systems an a lot of people securing their jobs taking advantage of those inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

Eliminate politics and streamline the organization, processes and systems.

""Was a great place to work until upper mismanagement destroyed the good work we were doing.""

I worked at BT full-time

Pros

The people below management level tend to be great people, friendly, and willing to help. (Until they get laid off in the constant workforce reductions designed to meet upper managements short term quotas)

Cons

Management only cares about short-term metrics, this is pressed on them from upper management. No one above your immediate supervisor will know or care about what you or your department does and are likely to constantly make poor decisions based on circumstantial evidence, planning documents from years back, or misunderstood opinions. Bonus structure designed to offer hope to lower levels but pay out to only upper management.

Advice to Management

Hire upper management talent from somewhere other than bean counters. Learn to care about the customer experience and the morale of the non-management employees, they are backbone of the company.

"Moving in a different direction..."

I worked at BT full-time

Pros

Great people, decent communication, interesting clients and work

Cons

Training lacks, too much red tape, constant shuffling of management, lack of direction in services group.

Showing 514 of 1,705 reviews