BTS "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

BTS Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 28, 2019

Found 105 reviews

4.4
Henrik Ekelund
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at BTS full-time for less than a year

Pros

great client work and results

Cons

back to back weekly travel makes difficult to have work-life balance

BTS2018-03-14
  2. "Great company"

I worked at BTS

Pros

Awesome place to work with great people. Pay is competitive, great benefits and ability to learn a lot.

Cons

Work/life balance needs adjustment. Career growth for administrative employees is challenging.

BTS2017-08-23

"Good company to start your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at BTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

BTS tries to occupy a space where learning & development and management consulting intersect. It does so by offering custom business simulation tools tailored to the client, which highlight key success factors for the client's business. BTS sales tag line is, pilots learn to fly without risk in a flight simulator, so should business leaders in a business simulator. As a result, BTS attracts some of the brightest people...

Cons

Their profitability is highly sensitive to the personnel expense relative to sales volume. So the average comp level is low, especially compared to typical permier management consulting firms BTS aspires to become. It is especially low at entry level. The sales highly cyclical and when it comes down, it comes down fast. To avoid carrying too many people so they can retain profits, BTS tends to overwork its staff which...

BTS2017-06-07

"Clients make your job fun or miserable. Great culture."

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong client base and expanding services. Improvements in the work life balance and benefits. Strong leadership for the most part.

Cons

Silos between office and regions. Business is cyclical and our services are constantly getting price pressure. Clients will have a big impact on your success.

Advice to Management

As we move towards a more traditional consultant model - don't lose the culture.

BTS2017-01-20
    • "Manager"

I have been working at BTS full-time

Pros

Salary, Work, Prestiege, good learning experience

Cons

Work life balance, commute, no personal life

BTS2017-02-01

"Great company! Entrepreneurial firm with Fortune 500 clients"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smaller company with big clients and ambitions. Strong focus on driving value for clients and employees simultaneously. A big focus on creating a culture of fun and adventure, which is unique in a typically 'serious' industry.

Cons

Consulting, by the nature of the work, creates demands for time based on client need. As a result you can find that work life balance is harder to achieve than other industries. However, within that balance the company gives the employee a great deal of freedom to offset (including unlimited vacation).

Advice to Management

Bring a higher degree of transparency to the org with more regular communications to all levels of the business.

BTS2016-11-09

"clueless with no direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BTS

Pros

The people are great and fun to work with. Benefits are great and there is an interesting culture.

Cons

There is no work life balance. Very slow to adapt new technologies and a lack of direction and leaderships

BTS2016-11-04

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at BTS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are incredibly talented and a lot of fun. The work is very challenging.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be a serious issue at this company. They say they recognize teams over people, but all raises and bonuses are based on individual performances not team. They value sales and profits over everything else. Employee loyalty means nothing to them.

Advice to Management

More transparency. The company handles lay offs terribly. Sending an email after lay offs saying the employees had no long term career potential at the company after someone has worked there for almost ten years is seriously degrading. Be honest with your employees. Be smart enough to book different conference lines for lay offs, so people don't call in the middle of you being let go.

BTS2016-08-01

"Unmatched Opportunites and Ability to Contribute"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at BTS because the opportunities I am given at this stage in my career (4-5 years out of college) are truly unmatched. I am not aware of many other employers that would allow me to engage directly with C-level executives at some of the hottest software companies, or give me the opportunity to take a direct role in architecting the platforms we use for our simulations. Better yet, I get to do all this with...

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep up the initiatives around process improvements and consistency Keep the balance of "freedom and responsibility" as we grow

BTS2015-12-20
    • "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at BTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people, a lot of autonomy, ability to learn about different companies/industries, great travel opportunities, snacks in the kitchen (always a plus), room for growth, opportunities above your title, and the management is great, and it's FUN! Best job I've had so far.

Cons

Work life balance can be overwhelming at times. Be ready for a lot of travel and some long hours (as with most consulting jobs).

BTS2015-12-09