BUCA Chef Partner Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Earl

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Chef Partner

I worked at BUCA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Money is competitive Even if the family values have diminished over the years you are still treated like family. Great people Food is good Long term career opportunities

Cons

No raises Bonus non existent Broken equipment I know Christmas and thanksgiving are biggest money making days of the year but you should close for two reasons you lose more guests in the long run due to overbooking. Secondly your hard working family deserve the day off with there families. No other cons I loved working there.

Advice to Management

Invest in equipment replacement stop repairing old equipment. Remove menu items that don't sell. Have differently menus regionally. Different menu items work in different parts of the country.

BUCA2016-02-06
  2. "Chef Partner"

Current Employee - Chef Partner in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BUCA for more than 5 years

Pros

Good People, Great Food, great concept

Cons

Planet Hollywood on its decline, couldnt pay bills, had to beg vendors for service because of it. Quality of life sucked, not enough management to handle business. no soue chefs for addition support. and god forbid you ask for a review or raise.

Advice to Management

pay your bills, take care of your long termed staff that has proven there self's. no room for growth what so ever. Rick Tasman is no longer the owner. Robert Earl of Earl enterprises is now.

BUCA2017-07-20
  3. "Expectations vs. Reality"

Former Employee - Chef Partner in Miami, FL

I worked at BUCA full-time for more than a year

Pros

High Salary Scale. General quality of hourly employees is quite good. Food quality is good, Recipe standardization and computer systems are relatively good.

Cons

Be prepared to make everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in your life secondary to this job. Open 365 days a year, and you will never get a holiday off. EVER. Salary is supposed to be augmented with what is promised to be a handsome bonus structure, but upper management was constantly changing the qualifications to the point that I never received a single bonus in the entire year I was employed there. Facility and equipment...

Advice to Management

When you are negotiating salary, you need an ironclad agreement, IN WRITING. And don't expect to be compensated for relocating. I had to jump through hoops just to get reimbursed for the moving truck. They expected me to eat the cost of breaking my old lease to be able to report for work in the new town.

BUCA2017-05-08