Badenoch & Clark Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Badenoch & Clark Managing Director Nicola Linkleter
Nicola Linkleter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working for B&C as you are given autonomy to work in your own way but have the full support of a corporate global organisation (in 12 reviews)

• Incredible perm commission structure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no criticisms of my time at B&C (in 7 reviews)

• Our back office functions (payroll & IT) do let us down a bit (in 5 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for B&C as you are given autonomy to work in your own way but have the full support of a corporate global organisation. Having worked for myself it was always going to be hard to return to working for an agency, but I haven't found this working for B&C as they treat everyone like adults. They have a fantastic reputation and are therefore working with lots of leading brands and organisations which helps given there are so many agencies out there...to be honest most people have heard of B&C in one way or another and for all the right reasons. It's a very friendly organisation and we take part in regular socials and charity days.

Cons

I really wouldn't say there are any downsides to working for them. I thought there might be but that was before I really got to understand them as a business.

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Lead Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Executive Lead Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The role; working at B&C has given me the autonomy to manage and organise my own client portfolio without restriction. Using the managerial and director support network across the offices has allowed me to implement successful parts of a nationwide strategy but with my own personal input. Working a full 360 market is rewarding, but because of a drive towards more structured and useful KPI's (rather than tracking 10-20 KPI's), I am able to do the most rewarding bit of the role frequently; which is meeting and talking to our candidates and clients.

The office; being based in the centre of Leeds, the office is modern and accessible. The culture of the Leeds team is very strong, with a close knit environment allowing Public & Private sector teams to work as a collective under the regional director. Frequent (& free) quarterly office incentives, plus the annual conference and Christmas party makes it a great place to work.

The rewards; having been on the annual incentive to Miami plus tens of normal working nights out, the benefits of working at B&C are not pure remuneration based, the business drives culture in each office through regional events. Financially, whilst being at B&C, I've managed to get onto the property ladder and be more financially stable that I've ever imagine!

Cons

Like any recruitment role, you get out what you put in, so be prepared to put in the graft during your first 12-18 months.

3. "The Recruitment Company That Cares About You!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

if you want to work for a company who are not scared to invest in you, allow you to operate to a model and method that best suits you to earn as much as you can and importantly cares about your career, and wellbeing then working for Badenoch & Clark is the best career move you will ever make.

Cons

Of course I am going to be bias as I am working at B&C and have done so for nearly 10 years and say that there are 0 cons but there isn't much I can say here apart from the people that are employed are true professionals and care about their own personal brand so their are many standout superstars so to become the very best in this company it is hard and you wont be able to do it overnight but if you stick to your ambitions and don't let doubt ever set you back you will become one of the elite.

Advice to Management

There are many inspirational employees and managers who lead as the "modern day requires" so keep doing that.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, they are extremely supportive and allow people to develop and grow. They recognise that the one size fits all approach is not the way forward. The training offered is also second to none.

Cons

The IT infrastructure is still in the process of being updated so can often be slower than desired.

5. "Great, Professional Company."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, very supportive and eager to progress and promote if that's the route you want to go down. Managers are very down to earth and welcoming. Very professional approach and genuinely willing to help and support everyone.

Cons

Whilst being part of a corporate brand has its advantages, it can also have some disadvantages.

6. "Great people & culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, good long-term career opportunities with transparent progression. The people and culture make it a fun and friendly place to work. Good work life balance what with flexitime and working from home

Cons

Being part of a larger corporate some decision making can be lengthy and protracted. Our back office functions (payroll & IT) do let us down a bit

Advice to Management

Get our payroll/invoicing teams working better!

7. "MADE TRANSFER from SYDNEY to LONDON!"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for the ADECCO GROUP in Sydney, gave me the opportunity to apply to work for BADENOCH & CLARK in London, part of the same group. What an amazing opportunity. New challenges, but with the same strong core values, prized in Sydney and in fact around the world by the company. I am working with super friendly, vibrant colleagues. The company has always put people first and I guess that's why so many of my colleagues are 'long timers'. For recruitment, this is unique. Plenty of bens, and the opportunity to earn good/great comms.

Cons

Longer hours than in Sydney. That's London for you, I guess!

8. "GPTW"

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible working, given the ability to work autonomously, help when you want/need it, lots of training available.

Cons

Have to work over the Christmas period unless you take it as annual leave,

9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Business Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive leadership, ethical decision making, positive brand in the market, flexible working possible and market leading commission scheme

Cons

Back office support is very "shared service mailbox" orientated and lacks the personal touch the front office has

Advice to Management

Complete the IT upgrade project which seems to have been "in progress" for a while

10. "Highly recommended for career development"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

B&C offer good flexibility and are always progressing how they can cater for the modern ways that people want to work. Flexible hours are encouraged to assist peoples personal circumstances and the team works well together to ensure everyone is supported.

Ideas and suggestions are not brushed aside and are listened to and where plausible are implemented surprisingly quickly for a large corporate. For the more entrepreneurial minds, your creativity is welcomed to enhance your business.

If you are looking for a career then B&C provides a number of platforms to assist you from resource up to director with a multitude of live projects that anyone can become involved in.

Cons

The system and processes can be a bit long winded but as we are heading towards a brand new state of the art system this year, I am sure this will change. Some of the red tape could be cut though!