Badenoch & Clark Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Badenoch & Clark Managing Director Nicola Linkleter
Nicola Linkleter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love working for B&C as you are given autonomy to work in your own way but have the full support of a corporate global organisation" (in 12 reviews)

• "Great consultants dotted around the business with a good commission structure" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no criticisms of my time at B&C" (in 7 reviews)

• "The nature of recruitment, not just Badenoch & Clark, means there is a limited work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent management and progression opportunities.

Cons

Very high turnover of staff.

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Badenoch & Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is exceptional, they provide great sessions, away days and constant up-skilling sessions. I learnt a lot of skills during my time at B&C- both professionally and personally.

There are also a lot of benefits offered to those who perform well- international trips and additional bonuses.

There is a clear strategy for the business and it is easy to get on board with- the roll out's involve every member of the business creating a real team spirit.

Cons

(These are not cons of B&C but are just the ways of recruitment)

The nature of recruitment, not just Badenoch & Clark, means there is a limited work/life balance. Hours are 8.30-6 and sometimes additional hours are expected.

Recruitment also has a lot of stress on targets, in the first year it is a huge focus, with daily reflection on these.

Advice to Management

It only takes one bad manager to damage the B&C brand and affect a person's outlook on the company

3. "Great place to work and develop"

Current Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Friendly and supporting working environment
    - Open and fair commissioning structure rewarding people for strong behaviours
    - Reasonable access to directors who are always willing to discuss strategy and vision for the business
    - Strong communication of the organisation strategy across all levels
    - Very good training & development program
    - Strong commitment to CSR and charities they support

Cons

- KPI's that are measured should be aligned more to each different market/consultant to allow more autonomy

"Think before you say YES"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company connections as expected being part of the Adecco group
    Good career prospects depending on the route you want to choose (manager or top biller)
    Good company to start off with, good graduate programme
    Good training programme, but there were a few areas to be improved
    Nice Office space (MBH), good facilities and saw minimal mice

Cons

Within 6 months of being in the company the entire team had changed, either to other teams internally or left the company completely.
    The staff turnover was fairly high during my time here as well, especially amongst those of colour, which would make sense as this particular office was not very cosmopolitan and many times managers were heard confirming they had "ticked the box with their new Diversity & Inclusion hire".
    Compared to other companies the base salary is significantly lower and their commission and payout structure could definitely be improved.
    Quite an outdated approach to recruitment, senior management seem to forget what its like to be a recruiter now they sit in their ivory towers (glass offices) and even new initiatives are just their old ways re-wrapped in pretty paper.
    They sell you the company of yesteryear not the company of today, that is very misleading.
    In the interview they mention flexible working, but don't be fooled - They are very good at selling you a DREAM.

Advice to Management

Ensure your management are painting the right picture for future employees, no misleading
    Have a bit more diversity in the office/teams - the lack of is shocking
    Be careful, it only takes one bad manager to destroy a companies reputation

Badenoch & Clark Response

Feb 14, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback. We have a stringent interview process here at Badenoch & Clark which we believe gives great insight into what life within recruitment will be like. We are also extremely... More

5. "Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for B&C as you are given autonomy to work in your own way but have the full support of a corporate global organisation. Having worked for myself it was always going to be hard to return to working for an agency, but I haven't found this working for B&C as they treat everyone like adults. They have a fantastic reputation and are therefore working with lots of leading brands and organisations which helps given there are so many agencies out there...to be honest most people have heard of B&C in one way or another and for all the right reasons. It's a very friendly organisation and we take part in regular socials and charity days.

Cons

I really wouldn't say there are any downsides to working for them. I thought there might be but that was before I really got to understand them as a business.

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Lead Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Executive Lead Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The role; working at B&C has given me the autonomy to manage and organise my own client portfolio without restriction. Using the managerial and director support network across the offices has allowed me to implement successful parts of a nationwide strategy but with my own personal input. Working a full 360 market is rewarding, but because of a drive towards more structured and useful KPI's (rather than tracking 10-20 KPI's), I am able to do the most rewarding bit of the role frequently; which is meeting and talking to our candidates and clients.

The office; being based in the centre of Leeds, the office is modern and accessible. The culture of the Leeds team is very strong, with a close knit environment allowing Public & Private sector teams to work as a collective under the regional director. Frequent (& free) quarterly office incentives, plus the annual conference and Christmas party makes it a great place to work.

The rewards; having been on the annual incentive to Miami plus tens of normal working nights out, the benefits of working at B&C are not pure remuneration based, the business drives culture in each office through regional events. Financially, whilst being at B&C, I've managed to get onto the property ladder and be more financially stable that I've ever imagine!

Cons

Like any recruitment role, you get out what you put in, so be prepared to put in the graft during your first 12-18 months.

"Didn't offer structure"

I worked at Badenoch & Clark full-time

Pros

Good work perks
    Okay name in the market
    Span a number of markets

Cons

Unstructured development
    Lack of management throughout my time
    Promotions sometimes seemed arbitrary based on favouritism
    People leaving and returning to achieve promotions rather than developing within the company

Badenoch & Clark Response

Jan 19, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience working with Badenoch & Clark. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the perks of working for Badenoch & Clark and the wider Adecco Group... More

8. "MADE TRANSFER from SYDNEY to LONDON!"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for the ADECCO GROUP in Sydney, gave me the opportunity to apply to work for BADENOCH & CLARK in London, part of the same group. What an amazing opportunity. New challenges, but with the same strong core values, prized in Sydney and in fact around the world by the company. I am working with super friendly, vibrant colleagues. The company has always put people first and I guess that's why so many of my colleagues are 'long timers'. For recruitment, this is unique. Plenty of bens, and the opportunity to earn good/great comms.

Cons

Longer hours than in Sydney. That's London for you, I guess!

9. "GPTW"

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible working, given the ability to work autonomously, help when you want/need it, lots of training available.

Cons

Have to work over the Christmas period unless you take it as annual leave,

10. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Business Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badenoch & Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive leadership, ethical decision making, positive brand in the market, flexible working possible and market leading commission scheme

Cons

Back office support is very "shared service mailbox" orientated and lacks the personal touch the front office has

Advice to Management

Complete the IT upgrade project which seems to have been "in progress" for a while