Badger Maps Reviews
100% would recommend to a friend
(33 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
18 hours ago
Project Finance Analyst
Wondering if I should ask for a raise, been with the company for 11 mos, since being hired I have taken on more responsibility, I have gotten my Google Project Management Certification, and I am scheduled to sit for my PMP Certification Exam in March. 70% of the PMs at the company do not have their PMP Certs, just years of experience and their MBA.
Got a burning question about Badger Maps? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Badger Maps employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great people" (in 10 reviews)
- "Everyone is really supportive and flexible, they genuinely want you to succeed and enjoy the work you're doing." (in 8 reviews)
- "The culture at Badger is amazing!" (in 7 reviews)
- "I completed my internship with Badger Maps and I learned a lot during my time there." (in 5 reviews)
- "Super talented and great team!" (in 5 reviews)
- "None that I can think of other than low pay" (in 7 reviews)
Found 33 of over 86 reviews
Updated Sep 11, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 28, 2022RecruitingFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- Builds resume with applicable skills to get an awesome job afterward - Great co-workers - Fun team building events
No cons come to mind!
- 5.0Oct 26, 2022Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Super supportive company, everyone is really supportive of each other and wants to see everyone else do well. Product clearly brings a lot of value to users, and lots of new exciting things on the way. Flexibility and agility of a startup environment really helps keep things interesting.
Working in a resource-constrained environment has it's challenges of course, so budgets and resources can be limited sometimes. Just means people have to get more creative.
- 5.0Nov 14, 2021Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Team managers are great! Supportive and always help to learn and grow!
No downside! It's a great start up and it growing!
- 5.0Apr 26, 2021Sales Development Representative (SDR)Former Employee, more than 1 year
- Amazing, friendly environment. I thought company culture was a buzzword until I started at Badger. - Ability to see and work in many different roles, across departments, taking on projects etc - Competitive salary - Young and international/diverse team - Ability to work and travel internationally (offices in SF, Salt Lake, Spain)
- Limited resources that come with any startup
- 4.0Jun 7, 2016Intern - MonthlyFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
The small team meant that someone was always looking to share their work and teach the interns how to do a different job when the general workflow became lopsided. This led to tons of mentorship opportunities and a great introduction to the many facets of a small business. Steve gave a bunch of talks where he just talked through his story and Badger's story, which was pretty cool to hear.
The large group of interns (some part-time and some full-time) could be a little annoying. When any significant questions or issues came up in my work, it was unclear whether I should ask another intern for help/try and figure stuff out as a team, or just go to one of the regular employees. Without knowing how knowledgeable or experienced all of the other interns were, it was difficult to tell who was giving me good advice and who thought they knew more than they did.2
- 5.0Jan 7, 2020InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Badger is a company with a great culture and great employees. As an intern, you are really given the opportunity to seek out projects you desire. The experience will be largely up to you (this goes for what type of work you'll do, how your work-life balance will look like, etc.) I will look back at my time with Badger Maps fondly!
With how their company structure and internship program is currently set up, it is difficult to convert the internship into a full time position. The compensation you'll receive is only a stipend for most (if not all) interns, but this is made clear beforehand. With the very open environment they have, it might be easy to not have much work to do if you're not proactive about what you want to get involved with right away.2
- 5.0Oct 30, 2014Public Relations CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Really personable and friendly leadership. Steve was always approachable, respectful and extremely willing to help and teach me. Instead of micromanaging my job operations, Steve gave me a basic outline of what he wanted me to accomplish, as well as a toolkit of resources to help me accomplish these things and then gave me the freedom to be successful on my own. Steve is extremely knowledgable about the ins and outs of the product as well as sales and marketing in general. The team really believes in their product and their passion comes through in all aspects of their work. Hard working and dedicated team selling a really interesting product. I loved the company culture; everyone got along and we were able to have fun while still accomplishing a lot. The company seems to be taking off really quickly and I'm excited to see Steve and the rest of the Badger Maps team succeed!
None. I honestly loved working for Badger Maps and with Steve.1
- 5.0Sep 18, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
The internship was an amazing experience. Everyday was a chance to fine tune my skills in customer success as well as gain new ones in different aspects of marketing and sales. It was awesome to see all of the parts of the business and how each played a part in the company's success. I felt that my opinion was valued and my potential was recognized very often. The people are also a pleasure to work with and have a great work culture. Not enough good things can be said about this internship.
I don't have any complaints about Badger Maps as a company. During my time there, I made friends, learned a lot about business, and had great times in the city. My advice to future badgers is to be outspoken, open minded, and ready to take on new challenges. The entire staff is helpful and will guide you through any bumps in the road.1
- 5.0Oct 7, 2015Sales and Marketing InternFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Involvement in an advanced start-up stage of the company gives one an opportunity to experience and learn a variety of key skills in a company, especially a SaaS company. From the basics in sales and marketing to more advanced and precise responsibilities in both areas, Badger Maps gives a well rounded internship experience. Alongside this, the environment and culture of the budding company is nothing short of fun and lively.
Sometimes it would get hard to focus on one area with such a wide variety of things to cover on a daily and weekly basis.1
Badger Maps Reviews FAQs
Badger Maps has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 86 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Badger Maps to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
100% of Badger Maps employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Badger Maps 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.