Badger Maps Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 18, 2018

4.4
Steven Benson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - PR and Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - PR and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Badger has a an awesome culture and the environment is very positive and collaborative. Super talented and great team! You can really learn a lot there, take on responsibilities and grow within your role.

Cons

Nothing I can think of - it's truly a great work environment, especially for younger people starting out of college.

2. "Great learning opportunity"

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time

Pros

Great company culture. You are encouraged to come up with ideas and then given full support to execute them into fruition. You can learn a lot. Very friendly and supportive environment. I love walking in through the door every morning.

Cons

The only con is that teams tend to be a bit small sized as budget is always tight.

Advice to Management

Raise funds and higher good quality folks.

3. "Sales and Operations Internship - SLC"

Pros

Great people, casual environment, fun management

Cons

Easy going but no clear training.

4. "Sales / Bus Dev"

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Great company and fantastic product. Fun and fresh culture. Learn something new everyday.

Cons

None that I can think of. Just need to be adaptable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to work on your own project by the end
    Fun, laid-back company that is on the up and up
    The people are awesome

Cons

Not great pay, being a small business/startup
    Lots of time spent on customer support/phone calls, but not throughout the whole internship

6. "Great place to grow and become a part of something bigger"

I have been working at Badger Maps (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and intern environment is great, open communication is huge, and everyone is understanding and friendly. Best culture I've ever worked in.

There are ALWAYS opportunities to learn something new and make yourself more valuable.

You get to play a lot of roles ranging from marketing to customer success to sales, so this is a great place to get lots of experience.

Cons

The office can be noisy and distracting, but there are conference rooms to use (if there aren't meetings in progress).

For the interns: You really need to be able to be able to organize and manage your time, being proactive will be huge for your success.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on growing people and their skills. Continue building out standards and expectations of employees/interns as we grow.

"Great start-up experience"

Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps (Less than a year)

Pros

The small team meant that someone was always looking to share their work and teach the interns how to do a different job when the general workflow became lopsided. This led to tons of mentorship opportunities and a great introduction to the many facets of a small business. Steve gave a bunch of talks where he just talked through his story and Badger's story, which was pretty cool to hear.

Cons

The large group of interns (some part-time and some full-time) could be a little annoying. When any significant questions or issues came up in my work, it was unclear whether I should ask another intern for help/try and figure stuff out as a team, or just go to one of the regular employees. Without knowing how knowledgeable or experienced all of the other interns were, it was difficult to tell who was giving me good advice and who thought they knew more than they did.

Advice to Management

Make it clear when interviewing that a key component of success during the internship will be one's ability to work well with other interns. Also, make it clear that the compensation is intended as a stipend.

"Great Place to Grow your Career"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Badger is a great company that really cares about the people that work for it. Badger goes out of its way to teach employees new skills, give them leadership opportunities, and develop skills that are outside of their current roles. At Badger, you can have a project in Marketing one week, Sales the next, and Customer Success the week after that. Its growing fast, so there are a ton of opportunities. Really fun group of people that are passionate about the company.

Cons

Badger is growing fast, and so people need to be nimble to stay on top of things.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on developing people, and keep promoting from within to maintain the culture.

"A day in the life of a Badger"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Customer Success Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Customer Success Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Badger Maps (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely everything. Badger Maps is a unique, progressive, and friendly work environment. We truly believe in the product that has been developed by a strong Engineering and PM team. I have had exposure to a wide variety of business operations and feel fortunate to be involved with such a strong team of diverse and creative individuals. Badger Maps has been a very rewarding experience and I look forward to grow with the company!

Cons

My only complaint is that I keep losing at foosball. I think the table may be rigged.

Advice to Management

Lets keep moving this forward, guys! I enjoy walking into the office every morning! Team!

"Product Management Intern"

Former Employee - Product Management Intern
    Former Employee - Product Management Intern

Pros

Fast paced startup environment
    Lots of training and freedom
    Work on what you want to work on
    Open environment, everyone is accessible

Cons

I really can't think of any