Badger Maps Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2020

4.6
Badger Maps CEO Steven Benson (no image)
Steven Benson
Pros
  • "I will look back at my time with Badger Maps fondly(in 8 reviews)

• "Steve, the CEO, includes every single intern in so much of the company(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for interns (inevitable, but you'll learn a lot)(in 3 reviews)

• " come to mind (in 2 reviews)

"Great work environment and overall internship experience"

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Badger is a company with a great culture and great employees. As an intern, you are really given the opportunity to seek out projects you desire. The experience will be largely up to you (this goes for what type of work you'll do, how your work-life balance will look like, etc.) I will look back at my time with Badger Maps fondly!

Cons

With how their company structure and internship program is currently set up, it is difficult to convert the internship into a full time position. The compensation you'll receive is only a stipend for most (if not all) interns, but this is made clear beforehand. With the very open environment they have, it might be easy to not have much work to do if you're not proactive about what you want to get involved with right away.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time

Pros

Lots of ways to contribute and develop your expertise

Cons

Low pay, and the equity isn't worth anything. Limited potential for advancement.

3. "Exceeded my expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time

Pros

Work environment: Badger has an extremely positive work environment. Being a women in the tech industry, I really appreciate all the support and resources that Badger provides to me. I immediately felt welcome at the office. The people: Everyone working here clearly enjoys their job and enjoy each others company and to me that is one of the most important things about a job. I also like that even outside work there are opportunities to be social with co-workers (especially moving here and not knowing many people). My colleagues are for sure the best part about this job! Learning/training: The training and on-boarding made for an easy transition into the company and everyone is super eager to answer your questions (I ask millions of questions even still) and help you learn along the way. I've learned a lot in my short time and what's cool is that you have a lot of freedom in terms of what you can learn about/work on. I have been able to hop on projects with other people as well create my own projects. Flexibility - having to deal with taking days off and having sick days has been easy with Badger. I love our weekly scheduled hours but also had no problems if I did need to make a adjustment here or there for personal/health reasons. Start-up: It's cool to be part of a newer, grower company - definitely makes you feel like the work you do is valued and makes a real contribution. I've also learned a lot about the ins and outs of start-ups which has been really cool. Snacks - lots of yummy (and healthy) snacks in the office.

Cons

The office: It's a little small which can get cozy in a room with everyone on the phones but I think they're moving to a newer [ & bigger :) ] office. Dealing with angry/mean people on the phones - but this is a reality for Sales jobs anywhere. And actually, the people here make dealing with this aspect of the job a lot easier compared to other sales type jobs I've worked.

Continue reading
  4. "Great company culture"

Former Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps part-time for less than a year

Pros

Inclusive culture Lots of focus on development and growth for interns and part timers Awesome coworkers and the CEO is the an amazing guy Great location in North Beach

Cons

Small office - but cozy. No other cons come to mind

"Intern"

4.0

I have been working at Badger Maps

Pros

-Youthful, fun culture - Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

- None I can think of at this time

"Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - PR and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Badger has a an awesome culture and the environment is very positive and collaborative. Super talented and great team! You can really learn a lot there, take on responsibilities and grow within your role.

Cons

Nothing I can think of - it's truly a great work environment, especially for younger people starting out of college.

"Great learning opportunity"

4.0

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time

Pros

Great company culture. You are encouraged to come up with ideas and then given full support to execute them into fruition. You can learn a lot. Very friendly and supportive environment. I love walking in through the door every morning.

Cons

The only con is that teams tend to be a bit small sized as budget is always tight.

Continue reading

"Sales and Operations Internship - SLC"

I have been working at Badger Maps

Pros

Great people, casual environment, fun management

Cons

Easy going but no clear training.

"Sales / Bus Dev"

5.0

I have been working at Badger Maps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Great company and fantastic product. Fun and fresh culture. Learn something new everyday.

Cons

None that I can think of. Just need to be adaptable.

10. "Great Experience"

Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Badger Maps for less than a year

Pros

Got to work on your own project by the end Fun, laid-back company that is on the up and up The people are awesome

Cons

Not great pay, being a small business/startup Lots of time spent on customer support/phone calls, but not throughout the whole internship

Found 23 reviews