KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Badger Maps Reviews

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Found 28 of over 70 reviews

4.4
Badger Maps CEO Steven Benson (no image)
Steven Benson
Pros
  • "I will look back at my time with Badger Maps fondly(in 8 reviews)

• "Steve, the CEO, includes every single intern in so much of the company(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for interns (inevitable, but you'll learn a lot)(in 3 reviews)

• "Pay, while on-par for internships at similarly small companies, isn't enough to live off of in San Francisco(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Experience! Great Company!

Nov 14, 2021 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team managers are great! Supportive and always help to learn and grow!

Cons

No downside! It's a great start up and it growing!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting Environment for Growth

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing, friendly environment. I thought company culture was a buzzword until I started at Badger. - Ability to see and work in many different roles, across departments, taking on projects etc - Competitive salary - Young and international/diverse team - Ability to work and travel internationally (offices in SF, Salt Lake, Spain)

Cons

- Limited resources that come with any startup

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely place to learn

Apr 5, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Independent, you get to learn a lot

Cons

Budget constraints can be a bit frustrating to work around

4. 5.0

Best place!

Sep 23, 2020 - PR & Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great environment - supportive team - opens many doors and provides great experience - amazing place to learn and grow - HR department is always there for you - a place that allows for you to take on more responsibility as needed - location makes for great lunch options

Cons

- commute may be a bit long since its in the center of the city but it's worth it

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment and overall internship experience

Jan 7, 2020 - Intern in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Badger is a company with a great culture and great employees. As an intern, you are really given the opportunity to seek out projects you desire. The experience will be largely up to you (this goes for what type of work you'll do, how your work-life balance will look like, etc.) I will look back at my time with Badger Maps fondly!

Cons

With how their company structure and internship program is currently set up, it is difficult to convert the internship into a full time position. The compensation you'll receive is only a stipend for most (if not all) interns, but this is made clear beforehand. With the very open environment they have, it might be easy to not have much work to do if you're not proactive about what you want to get involved with right away.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 13, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of ways to contribute and develop your expertise

Cons

Low pay, and the equity isn't worth anything. Limited potential for advancement.

7. 5.0

Exceeded my expectations

Mar 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment: Badger has an extremely positive work environment. Being a women in the tech industry, I really appreciate all the support and resources that Badger provides to me. I immediately felt welcome at the office. The people: Everyone working here clearly enjoys their job and enjoy each others company and to me that is one of the most important things about a job. I also like that even outside work there are opportunities to be social with co-workers (especially moving here and not knowing many people). My colleagues are for sure the best part about this job! Learning/training: The training and on-boarding made for an easy transition into the company and everyone is super eager to answer your questions (I ask millions of questions even still) and help you learn along the way. I've learned a lot in my short time and what's cool is that you have a lot of freedom in terms of what you can learn about/work on. I have been able to hop on projects with other people as well create my own projects. Flexibility - having to deal with taking days off and having sick days has been easy with Badger. I love our weekly scheduled hours but also had no problems if I did need to make a adjustment here or there for personal/health reasons. Start-up: It's cool to be part of a newer, grower company - definitely makes you feel like the work you do is valued and makes a real contribution. I've also learned a lot about the ins and outs of start-ups which has been really cool. Snacks - lots of yummy (and healthy) snacks in the office.

Cons

The office: It's a little small which can get cozy in a room with everyone on the phones but I think they're moving to a newer [ & bigger :) ] office. Dealing with angry/mean people on the phones - but this is a reality for Sales jobs anywhere. And actually, the people here make dealing with this aspect of the job a lot easier compared to other sales type jobs I've worked.

8. 5.0

Great company culture

Feb 4, 2019 - SDR in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive culture Lots of focus on development and growth for interns and part timers Awesome coworkers and the CEO is the an amazing guy Great location in North Beach

Cons

Small office - but cozy. No other cons come to mind

9. 4.0

Intern

Dec 16, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Youthful, fun culture - Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

- None I can think of at this time

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Nov 18, 2018 - PR and Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Badger has a an awesome culture and the environment is very positive and collaborative. Super talented and great team! You can really learn a lot there, take on responsibilities and grow within your role.

Cons

Nothing I can think of - it's truly a great work environment, especially for younger people starting out of college.

2 people found this review helpful