Badoo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Badoo CEO Andrey Andreev
Andrey Andreev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are Great perks - free food and meals, health insurance, bonuses and so many parties (in 17 reviews)

• Badoo really is a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You will end up working long hours for substantial and arbitrary changes that "can't take that long" (in 3 reviews)

• These tend to happen when the CEO changes his mind about something or someone, which does go some way to explain the frequency (in 2 reviews)

"It was good but it could have been better."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Because of financial structure,proper managing stratergy, great compensation,great financial payment.

Cons

Bad maitainance , not so sufficent locations, unstable propositions.

Advice to Management

I will adivce that they should have more locations and a better propositions.

2. "Badoo sums up work for this generation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We really feel part of something big working for Badoo. The company takes good care of us by providing lunch, highly motivational performance bonuses, gym discount, etc, as well as any devices needed to do our job the best possible way. The parties are fun and make it possible for teams to meet. The communication with the line manager has never been and issue, which is very important. Also, working for Badoo makes for an experience full of learning.

Cons

The active work hours can be a bit overwhelming at times.

3. "Amazing Team!"

I have been working at Badoo full-time

Pros

Great place to work, it's a internacional environment, people from all over, lot of new and energetic people.
    Here you really feel like you are part of a team, you're free to come forward with new ideas, they listen to you, and for me it's very important.
    The perks are great, free food, great parties, health insurance, bonuses, you can learn a new language and they even can pay for a course what you think you be helpful to improve your skills at work.
    The atmosphere is great, everyone is really kind, friendly and up to help you whenever.
    Very rewarding job

Cons

It can feel like a 24/7 job, if you don't have the passion this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your employees.

4. "Fun and relaxed place to work"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

The company is great. They give you a lot of benefits (dental insurance, lunch, bonuses, gym discount, etc). They make great parties that helps to meet the rest of the company. In addition to this, you have time flexibility and the company provides everything you need, not only for working but also for your well-being.

Cons

The company could provide some training courses for the employees. You can study Russian for free. Russian is ok but I think they should provide another kind of formation.

Advice to Management

More communication with the employees. And more communication between different departments. Also, being an international company present in many markets I don´t understand why all marketing actions are just focused in UK.
    "There is more life beyond the UK! (and more users)"

Badoo Response

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Advisor

Thanks for your kind feedback on working at Badoo. We appreciate that you have identified both the positives and the things we can work on.

Indeed, Russian lessons are offered broadly, however... More

5. "Developer"

Former Employee - IOS Developer
    Former Employee - IOS Developer

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time at badoo I've met the most inspiring people. I grew not only as a professional, but in a personal level as well. The "learning curve" is always on the rise, so very hard to feel stuck or unmotivated!

Cons

Even though it's a very fun environment, you do have to work very hard! Be prepared for that... depending on your position; very long hours.

6. "Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Everyday is different and you constantly learn something new!
    - Your opinions are valued by management
    - The people who work here are from all over the world, and its a young vibrant environment
    - Hard working values throughout the company
    - Flat management structure, everyone works together to make Badoo the best app possible!
    - The perks are amazing, free gourmet food every day, massages by your desk, Gym
      membership and super fun parties.
    - Great work is rewarded.
    - Amazing offices in central London

The list goes on - but you get the point

Cons

Its a lot of work - so if you don't have a passion and drive to work for it, its probably not for you.

Advice to Management

Make sure to encourage your employees, a compliment is always appreciated!:)

7. "We Badoo it better! :)"

Current Employee - Translator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Translator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badoo full-time

Pros

Great place where you go to work and learn something new every day! Very international company, especially in my department people come from all over the world which makes the atmosphere so unique and fun. Of course the perks are amazing but what I most appreciate about this company is that everyone gets involved and takes an equal part in our common goal: to connect people through the app. It always makes me smile when we get emails of users that have met on Badoo and send pictures of their babies or of their wedding etc. It's amazing to get such rewarding feedback.

Cons

"work hard, play hard": they definitely let you play at Badoo but be aware that workload can get huge and deadlines are tight. Sometimes management forgets that we only have 2 arms and an 8-hour working day so be prepared to be pushed constantly. Checking emails/ couple of hours of work on the weekends can happen occasionally.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating your employees so that they don't loose sight of Badoo's goal and come to work with a smile ready to give 110%

8. "Love what you do... @ Badoo!"

Former Employee - Social Media Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Social Media Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Badoo full-time

Pros

Badoo really is a great place to work! Not only do you receive amazing perks such as free (gourmet) food everyday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and massages at your desk (the list goes on) but the opportunity to work in such an exciting and fun environment.

Everybody at Badoo shares the same hard working values if you can handle pressure and are passionate about what you can do for Badoo you will thrive! The senior management are always giving opportunities to all of the staff giving you the ability to sometimes share your ideas with the CEO himself which makes you feel extremely valued within the company. I have never worked in a company where I have seen the CEO pretty much every single day around the office with the different teams and in meetings!

Badoo is full of huge personalities which makes it feel like one big family. My senior management was, of course, Russian, but it was so interesting being a part of the culture and learning new skills and attributes that I would now class as the best I have from them. They are always looking out for the best in you, pushing you to do better as they know that you can!

You will never have to worry about how you will be rewarded at Badoo, not only are you looked after every single day but you are rewarded with probably the best parties that you will ever go too - and you get these monthly!!! Forget your average office parties with party rings and cocktail sausages!!!

Cons

-very fast paced
    -can sometimes feel like a 24 hour job

Advice to Management

-Keep encouraging your employees to be the best they can be.
    -Following on from this keep pushing all teams to work just as hard!

9. "Where it never gets boring"

Current Employee - Digital Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Digital Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're the kind of person that enjoys a fast paced environment where projects become a reality in no time: Badoo is the the perfect company for you. Time frames and deadlines are tight, which makes the journey a very exciting one. More so than in any other tech company I've ever worked for.

Hard work? Yes, a lot, but senior management have the same attitude towards work that they expect from their employees, so it seems fair and is always rewarded both in terms of salary and the almost unreal amount of perks. "Work hard, play hard" has never sounded less like a cliché tag line and more like a company motto.
    Badoo's work force is super diverse and international, which makes everyday life fun and interesting. I'd tell every new joiner to get to know people from every department, as it'll help them understand the company a lot better, and why not: Learn something.

The crazy perks (massages at your desk, more gourmet food than you can even imagine, haircuts, gym membership, and of course our infamous parties).
    Feels like a start-up, but the resources are deffo not those of a start-up.
    Working with such high skilled professionals is enriching.

Cons

Some of the perks are not equal to all employees, and are reserved to certain teams. Seems a bit unfair.

Some teams would benefit with stronger middle management and/or team leads.

Advice to Management

I'd try to equate the work load of teams as much as possible, as sometimes it seems not every team works as hard as the rest. I'd say this is mostly down to middle management getting comfortable, push them a tiny bit harder.

Badoo Response

Jun 8, 2017 – HR Advisor

We have a work hard, play hard atmosphere at Badoo and... More

10. "Fun, Fast- Paced, Always Changing!"

Current Employee - Office/Administrative Team in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Office/Administrative Team in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Badoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Badoo is a very fast-paced, fun, exciting working environment.
    -They really look after their employee's (all meals provided + parties and more!) and your opinion always feels valued.
    -Senior management are always involved in all projects and are very hands on which definitely makes Badoo have a family atmosphere
    -Badoo is always open to new suggestions and you often have creative free run which is great!

Cons

- The job is a 24-hour role which can be very fast paced- but the rewards always make it worth it!

Advice to Management

-Praising employee's when something goes really well is always nice to hear!