Bailey Banks and Biddle Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Steve Velasquez
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Unstable management, but ok for younger people to get job skills"

Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice commissions, trunk shows are super fun. Good for building transferrable job skills like handling conflict, customer/client needs etc

Cons

Management was super unstable and the company changed hands multiple times.

In my two years there, I had three managers (one of whom was there for 3.5 months) and I became the second most senior employee within my first 8 months.

Advice to Management

Let go of the 'old jewelry' ways. People don't like getting a phone call from someone they bought a necklace from 6 months ago.

2. "Corporate failure on all levels."

Pros

Work like a slave and be ready to be fired. Corporate and management so incompetent that they'll sit a huge goal that's completely unattainable on your shoulders with zero support or training, give you a personality test and claim you have all the tools to do your job. Pure incompetence. And irresponsible to boot. Do. Not. Work. Here.

Cons

Loyalty and hard work mean nothing to this company. The more hours you put in the quicker you are targeted. If you value good work, sacrifice to help and a stable company, this disaster isn't for you. This place will put a stain on your resumé because it doesn't know how to run a simple business. And of course, it'll be your fault.

Advice to Management

Quite sitting on your cloud in the office and get in your stores and deal with the incompetent leadership, not the loyal hard working employees. But they won't learn anyway. I would say good luck but the way you handled Barton creek is enough to know you'll sink yourselves.

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Commission. Was very good to have on a paycheck

Cons

Just ask me. Our stored closed enough said

Advice to Management

Care

4. "Jewelry Consultant"

Current Employee - Jewelry Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Jewelry Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bailey Banks and Biddle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is under new management, there are a lot of changes happening for the better. New brands are being incorporated back in to the company along with a new commission structure. This company has great potential to grow back to where they use to be, corporate office is very supportive.

Cons

Still having growing pains under new management. Lack of leadership from store manager, store manager needs to show a better sense of leadership.

5. "Very Slow Sales. Not much traffic entering the store."

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bailey Banks and Biddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of the store. The hours were decent and the store closed at 9pm.

Cons

Not many people know who the store is and their history. Stock was not continuously restocked such as that in a larger store.