Cover image for Bain & Company

What people are saying about Bain & Company

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Bain & Co is a Global firm which has a great culture and offers many challenges.(in 812 reviews)
  • "Not as stuffy as I thought it would be and I got to work with some really great people.(in 809 reviews)
  • "Tons of learning and great colleagues(in 207 reviews)
  • "Great benefits (formal and informal)(in 159 reviews)
  • "you work with great teams(in 120 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bain & Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best company to work for.

Oct 20, 2022 - Exectutive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on company culture. They value employees. Support professional and personal growth. Benefits COMPLETELY covered - zero cost to me. Always snacks. SWAG..such as Allbirds. Always encourage and protect PTO. Our team genuinely likes hanging out with each other. We all truly want to see each other succeed. A Bainie never lets another bainie fail.

Cons

Literally cannot think of any cons. This is the best company I have EVER worked for.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Trust, you want to work here!! INCREDIBLE COMPANY!!!

Nov 29, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Premiums paid by Bain 100%. The 401k match is incredible! I’ve been able to save more this year (YTD) than I have at my previous two jobs combined. Depending on your department you get to work from home 100% or you are hybrid (2x-3x a week in office) which isn’t bad at all compared to other companies. PTO is great - 3 weeks starting as a new hire and 4 weeks after 2 years and then 5 weeks after 10 years. Unlimited personal time and sick time. 20 weeks of maternity / paternity leave. They really care about your well-being at this company. Everyone that I’ve had the pleasure of working with had my best interest at heart. We never let each other fail here. They give you the flexibility to move around the company after you have hit your 1 year. They have affinity groups (Blacks at Bain, Asians at Bain, Women at Bain, and so many more) to make you feel included which I absolutely love. This is the first company I’ve ever worked at that has this. They encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle by offering a yearly fitness reimbursement. Depending on the office you work at, they provide lunch every Friday which is really nice. They have a snack bar and coffee bar and soda machine for free every single day.

Cons

It is extremely fast paced so if you are used to a slower paced company this might not be the right fit for you. You can expect work long hours during the busy season. On average 50 hours give or take.

Continue reading
  3. Join the Bain & Company team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to start your career

Nov 29, 2022 - Business Consulting Sr Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Extremely fast learning opportunities - Many opportunities for interesting projects - Less travel vs. other consulting firms - Top notch people and culture

Cons

- Some projects can have low sustainability

5. 5.0

Awesome company

Nov 28, 2022 - Senior Associate Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get to do impactful work with great people

Cons

The lifestyle that this job requires can be demanding at time

6. 5.0

Great learning experience

Nov 25, 2022 - Senior Associate Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn

Cons

Very rigid and uptight culture

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Nov 23, 2022 - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really fun coworkers, great vibe

Cons

Can be long working hours

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing people!

Nov 21, 2022 - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a great learning environment!!

Cons

Hours can be a bit long, and sustainability is very case-dependent!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great people, for consultants first

Nov 22, 2022 - Manager Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, lot of learning of corporate settings

Cons

non-consultants do not get the same support and growth

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Firm

Nov 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial culture / some of the best friends I've made Investment in professional development Variety of cases

Cons

Diversity and inclusion efforts are more successful in some offices than in others

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 17, 2022 - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great colleagues, leadership team very down to earth and motivated to coach junior members

Cons

Long work hours, sometimes not sustainable

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,994 Reviews
</>Embed

Bain & Company Reviews FAQs

Bain & Company has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 6,019 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Bain & Company to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bain & Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bain & Company. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

91% of Bain & Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bain & Company 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bain & Company to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Bain & Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Bain & Company? Share Your Experiences

Bain & Company Careers

Cover image for Bain & Company

At Bain, we champion the bold to achieve the extraordinary. We are a global consulting firm working with the world’s leading businesses to...More

• Explore Roles

Company Updates

Logo

24 days ago

Culture
Cheila, Lead, Research and Data Services “With me what you see is what you get. I am proud of being Gay, Dominican, and a gurl with swag. My mom made sure that I always knew my worth. Rewind back to the ’90s. I came out to my mom and as open-minded, as she was, she did not take it well. The AIDS epidemic was happening and there was a lot of ignorance about gays in the press. My mom wasn’t happy, and we didn't speak for a year. Eventually, we would reconcile but at the time, I knew I needed to find and build a new support system. Going to the clubs in New York is where I found my community. I felt like a superhero walking into the clubs like I belonged. I didn’t have to hide. I love solving problems and drawing outside the lines and Bain embraces this. I incorporated my music passion by curating a few playlists for Bain events and formed a great community with the Latinx @ Bain (LATBA) and Bain’s LGBTQ group (BGLAD)."
Shared image

McKinsey & Company Logo
McKinsey & Company

8,791 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 6,019 Bain & Company reviews submitted anonymously by Bain & Company employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Bain & Company is right for you.