Bainbridge Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analyst

Bainbridge Analyst Reviews

Updated 7 Nov 2019

4.6
Bainbridge CEO Carlos Arias (no image)
Carlos Arias
  1. "Great people and clients to work with"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our team takes ownership for the projects we get assigned to; we care for the end results. No matter what, we try to stay focused on our objectives and priorities. This, I think, is the number one factor for our success. Luckily, we have upper management who supports, guides, and coaches as needed. Approachable and friendly, they are always willing to answer questions and provide the tools/resources we need to be... productive. No doubt, the management has our best interests in mind.

Cons

You should be willing to learn and grow. And it’s a non-stop process here. If you are the type of person who always strives for more as a professional, Bain is the right place for you.

Bainbridge2019-09-16

"Great Clients Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Bainbridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are all young and everyone is suffering together so there is a huge sense of community. The PE clients are good and the research and actual intros are interesting.

Cons

This is a call center. You are managed down to the split second with a visual dashboard on how many calls you make and it is always quantity over quality. There are long unnecessary meetings twice a day, management is tough to work with, and half the reviews here are not truthful as they are written by the management.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement doesn't work and neither does pretending you're too busy to make the meetings you schedule and then make everyone stay until 6:45pm to reiterate what was said that morning.

Bainbridge2019-11-07
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Positive and Rewarding Experience"

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Bainbridge allowed me to observe, learn, and participate in the activities of a management consultant. I was able to conduct extensive research and engage in meaningful and stimulating work.

Cons

Management and organization is lacking.

Advice to Management

Be more organized and focus on creating a bond between employees.

Bainbridge2019-10-03
  5. "Good entry experience into consulting"

Current Intern - Research Analyst

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

Learn a lot from action

Cons

Not a lot of training

Bainbridge2019-10-05

"A fulfilling work experience"

Current Employee - Mergers & Acquisitions, Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s obvious right from the very beginning – the management cares for your success. They make sure all of your questions are answered and provide all of the resources for you to be successful. Never felt insecure to raise an issue. Never felt my work is underestimated or unnoticed. I have had the pleasure to work on some really interesting projects and cooperate with amazing clients. I keep on learning and... developing my skills, as I know I still have much room for growth and advancement.

Cons

None that come to my mind

Bainbridge2019-07-21

"A sense of comunity!"

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with managers who are supportive and knowledgeable. y hard work is recognized; I received bonuses for hitting numbers for a number of time. The company has a rigorous hiring process and I admire the management's ability to welcome people who soon become valuable members of the community. A thorough training program and great opportunities for growth.

Cons

I would love to see more team-building activities; it would enhance our wonderful corporate culture even more.

Bainbridge2019-06-22

"Great opportunity for driven individuals"

Current Employee - M&A Analyst Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers want to help you succeed. You win & lose as a team.

Cons

Lolly-gagging individuals don't last long, as they shouldn't.

Bainbridge2019-02-16
  9. "Great clients, intriguing work, high expectations, not for underdogs. Those who make it, make it big. Others, nope."

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

The team, company structure, well known brand and alum, clients are the best in the sector. A solid meritocracy. My peers are good to work with, I work with some amazing people from around the world with unique backgrounds. Our client work is best in the industry. Standards are high. I worked at another firm before, my advice is stick with the boutiques like Bainbridge. They’re top 3 on M&A and top 20 in... strategy. VP and Director Company uses lots of tech, has in house software development people.

Cons

Boutique firm means a single weak team member can impact entire company. Recruiting process lenient, could be more selective.

Advice to Management

New changes and recruiting process very helpful. Don’t stop what we’re doing.

Bainbridge2019-01-09

"SOLID CULTURE -- Learn, client impact, renew, culture of camaraderie and respect ---"

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about Bainbridge are the people and the culture and the unique work we do. It's not a typical consulting firm, we do a lot more than the typical firms out there, those mega companies,,,, and we really know the meaning of execution, not just analysis. Our M&A, our business development and strategy are focused on doing, not just researching. The people there and clients we get to know are the... reason I am excited to go to work every day, the main motivating factor and my greatest resources for learning and growth. A friend once described culture as a place where everyone takes their work very seriously but not themselves, and I couldn't agree more. While we work really hard , we also have a ton of fun! My team continually pushes to create an environment that is extremely open and accepting of all people which is also greatly appreciated. There is diversity, breadth of thought, and we get the job DONE! Clients are nearly 100% satisfied with our work, and most people from other consulting firms I know can't believe the kind of projects we do. I worked on tech projects, AI, venture, was part of a globalization project, and also worked for a tiny company in Ohio, the entire spectrum. Aside from the people and culture, the thing I value most about Bain is the amount of constant learning and growth I get to experience as a result of both structured and experiential training as well as an intense focus on personal professional development. All of this, combined with providing exceptional results to clients, combines for an unbeatable work experience and the best place I could imagine starting my career (plus the exit opportunities are incredible). Everyone that makes it past the first year and into their third years end up leapfrogging their careers or onto a top grad school or senior position. This is a lean company as well, there is little bureaucracy, but a lot of stsart-up mentality -- if you see an opportunity to make things better, the best people here just do it. and they end up being managers. Clients look for solutions from us, not just ideas, but how to get to the end goa.

Cons

Long hours, it's consulting, and a small firm, so some benefits are average. A couple of the past managers turned over when the partners came back in. There were some analysts that went through the new hiring process a few years ago and that didn't work out, hiring process since revamped again. The previous HR manager hired a lot of GPS from UCSD, not the prime place for consultants, focus now is UCLA, USC, LMU,... BERKLEY, and STANFORD and MIT.

Advice to Management

Hire more selectively, and be careful with rookies who play on rock bands late into the evening, they will not be able to keep up with their teams. Keep hiring from UCLA and STANFORD!!!! MORE PIZZA!

Bainbridge2018-07-17

"Great company, people and clients, unique consulting work, never bored."

Current Employee - Senior Technology Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid people and work, major firms were clients. I was never bored, always learning, and now trying new roles I couldn't in previous employers. Culture good, managers are thoughtful and track record with their clients. Never have seen a dissatisfied client, most projects end on time, on budget, with clients giving five stars. Clients like the work we do over the big companies like Accenture, clients always... comparing us to Goldman and Mckinsey, saying our work is more useful, thoughtful, and real. My peers who have left always say the experience was priceless, and wish they had spent more time on the training resources they had. Company will pay for anything for training and support, managers will mentor and the directors are very approachable, will help with career development.

Cons

Long hours, in the weeds sometimes, occasionally clients will change direction rapidly. Have seen a few past clients or employees that were not the ideal fit, but never saw a dissatisfied client, quite the opposite. Lots of international work now, can have some odd hours.

Advice to Management

Select projects focused on a few areas to match up with strategy and focus on sustainability. Hire more professors for specialty work. I really enjoyed time with the professors from UCLA.

Bainbridge2018-07-17