Bainbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

"Run Away!!!"

Current Employee - Analyst/Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst/Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning about in industry and subsector can be intellectually stimulating but with little pratical application in your career later on

The coffee cart outside has a good selection

Cons

frequently late paychecks
    high turnover (80% in 8 months)
    low employee tenure (longest 2 yrs)
    Company claims they do investment banking but does not -and does not carry any licenses to do so
    low moral
    no 401k
    no opportunity for advancement

"This would be 0 stars if that was an option. Stay away, RUN AWAY from this "company""

Former Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were a number of highly intelligent people that I worked with.

Cons

-Terrible Management that is running the company to the ground.
    -Long hours.
    -Below market pay, probably less than minimum wage for the work you're asked to do with the hours to do it with.
    -Employees are mistreated, as they are replaceable in the eyes of management.
    -Really high turnover, I believe since I've worked there I've seen over half the team leave and/or fired.
    -Non-existent HR.
    -No perks, no 401k, terrible medical coverage (as in they won't give it to you unless you bug them), just god awful moldy coffee.
    -Straight up lies to candidates in order to get them to agree to sign on.
    -More interns than full-time employees (probably 15 total full-time employees and the rest of the "60" member team are interns).
    -Terrible company culture.
    -No upward movement
    -Fake promotions, they will change your title without offering a change in pay but expect you to perform more.
    -You'll never see the CEO, for some time many on the team questioned his existence.

Honestly I'm going to stop here because the list can go on for days. Don't bother with this place unless you enjoy hating life. They mislead young, naive college graduates into working for them under the impression that they will easily make "60k" with non existent bonuses and work them to the bone. Don't fall for it. Company morale was at an all time low before I left and many genuinely hated being there.

Advice to Management

– Listen to your employees, treat them better, offer more perks that show the employees you care, pay them more, overhaul the company culture, and lastly, fire yourselves.

"Nice people, good environment, challenging work, more than I expected"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional environment, very focused professionals, over achievers and lots of diverse international peers, very entrepreneurial. Finance and consulting, also PE firm next door, get to see range of professional activities. The CEO has brought us into other projects for the other companies. Learned a lot in past.

Cons

Smaller size than most bigger consulting firm, very intense clients at times, San Diego pro and con. Recruiting process too lenient compared to other prof firms.

Advice to Management

Good job, need streamlined hiring processes

"Please don't waste your time"

Current Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are good people. The management just really mistreats them

Cons

Everything from bad management to bad coffee

6. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

PR was great
    Workers were genuinely friendly

Cons

No real training but will get used to it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Good learning on diverse projects, new management across company very strong, but need an HR manager"

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting client work, learning a ton professionally
    Owners brought in new managers for every department now except HR, now mainyl experienced people
    My peers are great to work with, smart people
    Good professional development for analysts, not sure for other positions
    Other practices very supportive of work we do

Cons

Need a good HR and Benefits Manager, old person not replaced
    International client work interesting but need more in additonal markets

Advice to Management

Hire a new Benefits and HR manager to replace past manager
    When temp managers come in like PM temp last year, get feedback from analysts and clients, ensure wrong fit culturally shows earlier. Get more feedback from team on these people.
    Overall even better culture than six months ago

"needs to improve"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Pros

*my peers were great to work with

Cons

*late paychecks
    *no 401K
    *benefits package needs improvement
    *need clear path for career development
    *need professional development program
    *senior management lacks management skills

Advice to Management

senior management should stop posting false reviews on this website. let people know what the company is all about so they know what they are getting themselves into when they choose bainbridge as a company.

"Many industries, technology, good culture and team, fortune 1000 clients and PE firms"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

Pros

Get to consult for big Fortune 1000 companies and private equity companies. Good range of technologies and industries. Emphasis on my professional development was really good. Felt like it was really great exposoure to front line corporate challenges. Learned a ton. Good senior analysts and project managers, very involved and focused on the team's goals. Company very diverse, does venture capital, has commercial development arm for MetLife, and does one off venture projects.

Cons

San Diego location is a plus but also far removed from city life in LA or Bay area. Office has lots of interns. Late night global consulting directly for projects is a plus and a minus. Couldn't do any domestic projects then. Didn't get to do any of the VC projects, reserved just for more senior people

Advice to Management

Time spent on my professional development plan helped me get into a top grad school. Make this a formal process. Keep weekly learning forums, invite interns too. Have more formal introduction for interns. No more pizza on Friday's, switch it out with mexican.

"Fast paced, learning, with really smart people with lots of drive"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

Pros

The other anlysts and team are great people. Diverse acquisition projects. Good culture and open doors throuhhout company. Nice office in Lajolla. Emphasis on growth and professional development strong.

Cons

Our industry has long hours and lots to read. If people can't hack that they shouldn't work here. Recruiting process is thorough enough to ID that.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hands-on work with PM's and senior analysts. Keep the flat structure as is.

"Stimulating, professional development, lots of challenges for me to grow more than grad school did or other internships"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great people, challenging thought provoking work, learned a lot of industries and businesses, caring managers, lots of people from UCSD and good international focus. They valued my Chinese language skills and I enjoyed the project work and camraderie. They have a good professional development every other week strategy lab. One occasion they invited me to watch their Wharton program. I was paid extra bonus for my hard work.

Cons

Projects are very short compared to my job at Booz Allen in LA. I was not in direct contact with clients.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the pizza on Friday, please put more emphasis on the weekly strategy labs you did. Stop ordering pizza every time. I gained 10 lbs.