Bainbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Bainbridge Reviews

Updated Dec 9, 2019

4.6
Bainbridge CEO Carlos Arias (no image)
Carlos Arias

"This would be 0 stars if that was an option. Stay away, RUN AWAY from this "company""

Former Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were a number of highly intelligent people that I worked with.

Cons

-Terrible Management that is running the company to the ground. -Long hours. -Below market pay, probably less than minimum wage for the work you're asked to do with the hours to do it with. -Employees are mistreated, as they are replaceable in the eyes of management. -Really high turnover, I believe since I've worked there I've seen over half the team leave and/or fired. -Non-existent HR. -No perks, no 401k,... terrible medical coverage (as in they won't give it to you unless you bug them), just god awful moldy coffee. -Straight up lies to candidates in order to get them to agree to sign on. -More interns than full-time employees (probably 15 total full-time employees and the rest of the "60" member team are interns). -Terrible company culture. -No upward movement -Fake promotions, they will change your title without offering a change in pay but expect you to perform more. -You'll never see the CEO, for some time many on the team questioned his existence. Honestly I'm going to stop here because the list can go on for days. Don't bother with this place unless you enjoy hating life. They mislead young, naive college graduates into working for them under the impression that they will easily make "60k" with non existent bonuses and work them to the bone. Don't fall for it. Company morale was at an all time low before I left and many genuinely hated being there.

Advice to Management

– Listen to your employees, treat them better, offer more perks that show the employees you care, pay them more, overhaul the company culture, and lastly, fire yourselves.

Bainbridge2013-08-13
  2. "Nice people, good environment, challenging work, more than I expected"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Professional environment, very focused professionals, over achievers and lots of diverse international peers, very entrepreneurial. Finance and consulting, also PE firm next door, get to see range of professional activities. The CEO has brought us into other projects for the other companies. Learned a lot in past.

Cons

Smaller size than most bigger consulting firm, very intense clients at times, San Diego pro and con. Recruiting process too lenient compared to other prof firms.

Advice to Management

Good job, need streamlined hiring processes

Bainbridge2013-06-10

"Please don't waste your time"

Current Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are good people. The management just really mistreats them

Cons

Everything from bad management to bad coffee

Bainbridge2013-07-10
  4. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time for more than a year

Pros

PR was great Workers were genuinely friendly

Cons

No real training but will get used to it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Bainbridge2013-04-05

"needs to improve"

in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge

Pros

*my peers were great to work with

Cons

*late paychecks *no 401K *benefits package needs improvement *need clear path for career development *need professional development program *senior management lacks management skills

Advice to Management

senior management should stop posting false reviews on this website. let people know what the company is all about so they know what they are getting themselves into when they choose bainbridge as a company.

Bainbridge2012-05-23
  6. "Good learning on diverse projects, new management across company very strong, but need an HR manager"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting client work, learning a ton professionally Owners brought in new managers for every department now except HR, now mainyl experienced people My peers are great to work with, smart people Good professional development for analysts, not sure for other positions Other practices very supportive of work we do

Cons

Need a good HR and Benefits Manager, old person not replaced International client work interesting but need more in additonal markets

Advice to Management

Hire a new Benefits and HR manager to replace past manager When temp managers come in like PM temp last year, get feedback from analysts and clients, ensure wrong fit culturally shows earlier. Get more feedback from team on these people. Overall even better culture than six months ago

Bainbridge2012-05-26
  7. "Many industries, technology, good culture and team, fortune 1000 clients and PE firms"

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

Get to consult for big Fortune 1000 companies and private equity companies. Good range of technologies and industries. Emphasis on my professional development was really good. Felt like it was really great exposoure to front line corporate challenges. Learned a ton. Good senior analysts and project managers, very involved and focused on the team's goals. Company very diverse, does venture capital, has commercial... development arm for MetLife, and does one off venture projects.

Cons

San Diego location is a plus but also far removed from city life in LA or Bay area. Office has lots of interns. Late night global consulting directly for projects is a plus and a minus. Couldn't do any domestic projects then. Didn't get to do any of the VC projects, reserved just for more senior people

Advice to Management

Time spent on my professional development plan helped me get into a top grad school. Make this a formal process. Keep weekly learning forums, invite interns too. Have more formal introduction for interns. No more pizza on Friday's, switch it out with mexican.

Bainbridge2011-12-03
  8. "Fast paced, learning, with really smart people with lots of drive"

Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

The other anlysts and team are great people. Diverse acquisition projects. Good culture and open doors throuhhout company. Nice office in Lajolla. Emphasis on growth and professional development strong.

Cons

Our industry has long hours and lots to read. If people can't hack that they shouldn't work here. Recruiting process is thorough enough to ID that.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hands-on work with PM's and senior analysts. Keep the flat structure as is.

Bainbridge2011-11-01
  9. "Stimulating, professional development, lots of challenges for me to grow more than grad school did or other internships"

I worked at Bainbridge

Pros

Great people, challenging thought provoking work, learned a lot of industries and businesses, caring managers, lots of people from UCSD and good international focus. They valued my Chinese language skills and I enjoyed the project work and camraderie. They have a good professional development every other week strategy lab. One occasion they invited me to watch their Wharton program. I was paid extra bonus for my... hard work.

Cons

Projects are very short compared to my job at Booz Allen in LA. I was not in direct contact with clients.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the pizza on Friday, please put more emphasis on the weekly strategy labs you did. Stop ordering pizza every time. I gained 10 lbs.

Bainbridge2011-10-29
  10. "Smart people and clients, dynamic environment with great learning and development opportunities. San Diego workplace."

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

The projects were very strategic oriented not just number crunching. Did international research for several months in Asian market. Manager was very hands on and helped my training and research. New managers from Ivy League schools much better. Replaced professor I worked with.

Cons

Lots of focus on business strategy, not financials, except M&A people who only do acquisitions. Need more balance exposure to both consulting and M&A for people in just one side of company.

Advice to Management

Offer option to do M&A for management consulting employees. Bring in outside training not just in house. Offer international researchers chance to work on U.S. projects.

Bainbridge2011-09-08