Baker Boyer Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Mark Kajita
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Incredible company, lots of room for growth and opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA

I have been working at Baker Boyer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong sense of community/family among co-workers. There is a commitment to the success of every employee. Offers trainings, mentorships, shadowing, leadership development and many more opportunities. My work/life balance has been smooth, no one here wants you overworked and burning out. The fun events/treats make coming to work each day that much better!

Cons

My previous employer used to cater lunch for everyone every day so I guess it's a downside that now I either have to bring my own or walk downtown to all the close restaurants.

Advice to Management

It was a smart decision to invest in your employees with the generous 401(k) program. BBB offers up to a 6% match of your personal contribution along with the bank’s profit sharing contribution of 6% of your salary - a 12% match on your 6% contribution. This is a fantastic way to keep your employees around!

2. "AVP"

I have been working at Baker Boyer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Baker Boyer has a clear and strong commitment to the success of its employees, its clients, and to the communities we serve. The default setting is to be kind and assume the best.

Cons

Some procedures, policies, and systems lack comprehensive documentation or training.

Advice to Management

Continue to set a positive tone from the top and to reinforce the company culture, mission, and brand pillars.

3. "Supportive working environment, great people!"

Pros

Friendly co-workers with a strong sense of community.

Cons

Smaller town. Helps to have additional experience and training. Important to advocate for yourself and push your own position.

Advice to Management

Ensure you are investing in your employees.

4. "Wonderful company to work for!"

Former Employee - Assistant in Walla Walla, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Walla Walla, WA

I worked at Baker Boyer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my time working with Baker Boyer Bank; great company culture, strong leadership and great training. The time off is the best in the area (I left with 27 days PTO), bereavement is 5 days for anyone "important" to you, fully stocked kitchen with cheap, healthy snacks to purchase, 6% 401k matching, and amazing staff to work with.

Cons

Walla Walla is a beautiful place, but not where I would like to live long term. The con here is that Baker Boyer doesn't have more locations!