Baker Electric Reviews

4.2
Baker Electric President  Ted Baker
Ted Baker
  1. Featured Review

"Great Place for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Project Accountant in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Excitement - Everyday is a new adventure. You are constantly being challenged and rewarded. 2. Career Development - In my 4 years at Baker, I have worked in Precon, Management, and now Finance. Baker has always allowed me to pursue any path for career movement. 3. Teamwork - You learn very quickly how to be a part of a team. Impossible is never out of reach.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

"The Ideal Company"

Current Employee - Project Engineer II in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Baker Electirc is a great company that welcomes and supports the new hires. After my very first week with them, I felt that I have been working with them for years, everybody in the company welcomed and supported me, and made me feel very comfortable as a new hire. Professionally, they have the latest strategies, systems, and softwares and everyday you learn tons of new things. Also, there are numerous career growth opportunities in the company, in fact, the upper management keeps making sure that you are happy in your position, and nurture your growth... Highly recommended.

Cons

Honestly, so far I haven't noticed any downside, and none of the old employees seems unhappy working with them.

3. "Great Communication, Fun environment, Excellent Opportunity with an Exceptional Team"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun environment to establish a long term career with a solid company with extensive backlog.

Cons

Nothing at this time, great company

"Things to know before applying at Baker"

1.0

I worked at Baker Electric full-time

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

SEVERE nepotism. If you are not friends or married to an executive don't expect job security. Casual sexism. High stress environment. High turn over. Casual racism. Projects are always falling through. No guidance or direction. You receive absolutely no training. Horrible upper management/dictatorship, lots of screaming, cussing, demotions for no reason etc. You are discouraged to report anything to HR... HR is not for the worker.

Baker Electric Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

We’re sorry that this was your perception of working at Baker. As a family-owned company, we strive to provide a positive and healthy environment that allows team members to grow and prosper. Baker has an open door communication policy and we encourage team members to discuss any concerns they have with Management and Human Resources. More than 300 of our team members have worked with us over 5 years, a majority nearing or surpassing 15 years. We believe that longevity shows a lot about our culture and continuous improvement efforts.

5. COVID-19

"Most Memorable and Professional Interview Experience!"

Current Employee - Director, Operations Management in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Professional, Great Communication, Great People!

Cons

No con's come to mind other than COVID-19. The Bake Team was able to still move forward and keep an open line of communication with me.

6. "Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Labor Compliance Specialist in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Interview process was very friendly and yet professional and thorough. I met with both of the supervisors I would be working with and they explained all details of what my job would entail. - The entire environment of this company is welcoming and friendly, and Baker shows how much they care about their employees everyday by the actions they take.

Cons

- The only con I can think of at this moment is this company does not provide a free puppy upon employment. :( But I am willing to live with that I guess :)

"Huge Company!"

4.0

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time

Pros

- seems to be opportunity for growth - company continuing to expand - nice buildings/offices

Cons

- company is so huge, should have newcomers go to lunch/coffee with CEO/CFO etc. or else may never meet them - since it's also so big, doesn't have the same family feel as a smaller company, can come into work and leave without having one conversation all day - old style cubicles

"Career Focused Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Baker Electric is the company that I could see my self working at for the next 10 years. The opportunities for career growth are phenomenal. Baker is a company with a long term focus in the electrical industry, which is extremely rare in the this businesss. Although Baker expects a large commitment from employees, their compensation structure including insurance more than makes up for this. In addition to having a long-term focus on the business, and have the same focus on employees. I feel that I made the right decision to work here, and would provide a recommendation to my network if they were considering an offer here.

Cons

The on-boarding and training should be worked on. I feel that I would not have been successful if I were not motivated to excel.

Continue reading
  9. "Amazing Company to Work For"

4.0
    Current Employee - Prefab Leadman in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Baker Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good People across all departments, feels like family among those who are willing to work with each other.

Cons

Like construction in the field, there are scheduling issues and priority work coming in last minute, with only a little amount of time to complete projects by the due dates.

10. "Rewarding"

I have been working at Baker Electric

Pros

Great pay and hours for when the hours were available

Cons

Hours worked were never consistent. Poor upper management

Found 48 reviews