Baker Nissan Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Godwin

1. "Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you do your job,there is no micromanagment,
    Team members are great to work with

Cons

A little more flexibility with the hours

Advice to Management

Ke up the people skills

2. "Waste of time."

Former Employee - Car Salesman in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Car Salesman in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Virtually free money for 2 months aside from how much of my time I had to spend at this damn place.

Cons

Close to no training provided. I was thrown on the floor with a guy that had 9 months of experience and then the managers forgot I existed. He didn't teach me much at all, he was mostly caught up in drama or too focused on hitting his quotas, even took some of my sales for himself. I knew how to present a car, but I didn't understand the numbers or many of the conversations that were going down because the guy training me didn't understand it enough to explain it to someone new. Management didn't give a damn about their employees as long as money was going into their own pockets. It took them two days to realize I stopped showing up for work. For some reason they couldn't stop hiring salesmen, which we had too many of. With no people to sell cars to, there was no money going around. I can only imagine their turnover rate, we had guys come from the failing oil industry that decided to go back because they had a better chance there. The only people making money are the ones that have been there long enough and have the connections, too much politics with this place. If you enjoy screwing over your co-workers and your customers (because that's the way to make it here) and you're willing to stand in the baking sun for 2 hours to have a slim chance to make a few hundred bucks, this is all you. While I'm on the standing outside for hours part, even if you do get a customer, chances are another salesman sucked off a BDC guy or something and that fresh customer walking up to you is already assigned to a salesmen they've most likely never met, applying here is setting yourself up for disappointment, there's a reason it's so easy to get hired.

Advice to Management

If you actually take time to personally train your damn staff instead of depending on some kid to do it you may see some results. Just because someone could sell a few cars doesn't mean they know how to convey their methods. Initially I loved this place, the setting was wonderful, the job itself is pretty great but the management was far too careless. I get it's a dog eat dog world but working here felt like I was playing a game with made up rules that I was never taught.

3. "Sketchy, Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Salesman in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Salesman in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom. You can pretty much come and go when you please, no one really notices.
    Weekly pay(if they decide to pay you)

Cons

Unprofessional. Always late with employees checks. HIGH turn over rate. HR is owner himself, complain about any of the managers, you're fired. They scam not only customers, but employees also. Their ads say "$2,000 guarantee for 2 months" for new hires, NO don't be fooled by that. First month you get $1,200-$1,400. In reality, they pay you $400 a week for first 3 weeks of those two months.
    Hours are ridiculous. 9am-9pm 6 days out of the week, some weeks require you to work 6am-9pm.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Less vulgar language and put downs to employees. BETTER TRAINING.

"worst place to work!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Nissan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you can make money faster than any other industry

Cons

poor managment, you can make money if you're willing to work at least 60 hours a week, and if u r part of the select group of sales consultant who manager hands quality leads to, if that place do ramdon drug testing, half of them will be out. the insurance is really bad.

5. "Sales Representative Intern"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, good managers and the company is family owned with wholesome values that reflects on everyone in the business. Plenty of spiffs and sales incentives to help motivate that sales staff.

Cons

A lot of hours, but is just a part of the car sales business.

6. "Working at Nissan was great."

Pros

Good friendly coworkers really made it seem like you actually made friends instead of just working with other

Cons

Wasn't hourly based. Comission. No work, no money. And when they got slow, it was bad.

7. "Baker Nissan"

Pros

No pros at all what so ever.

Cons

Management is lazy and will not be attentive with new hires, i get they are busy but at least make some time to tell your new hires what they should be doing. there is no structure at all, no hands on training, the only training you receive is through online. the pay is questionable and comes with a "draw"

Advice to Management

how can you expect everybody to sell a car when everyone is on the floor when x amount of customers does not cover x amount of sales associates on the floor

8. "Very low level of real world experience and a high level of incompetence"

Pros

Great Brand with a lot to offer customers

Cons

Gen Mgrs need leadership skills along with more retail experience to better grow there people