Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, so so bonus, good raises,

Cons

hard to move up in positions

2. "Front desk receptionist"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Records in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Records in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

It's nice working in Wound Care

Cons

I can't say anything bad .

3. "Excellent Services for employees and clients."

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide Room for Advancement and growth.

Cons

Not enough days to work.

Advice to Management

Always maintain professionalism and a smile.

4. "Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Great culture. Open door policy. Innovative and fun work environment. Lots of local growth opportunities. Free health coverage through GEMCare.

Cons

Too much Corporate control. Unions add unnecessary tension where there otherwise would be none. Doctors are given too much leway and are often given a pass while nursing is held 100% accountable.

"exhausting for average compensation"

Current Employee - RN Pacu in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - RN Pacu in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

attractive and above average workplace surroundings with consideration of staff for stress free spots to take breaks and eat lunch

Cons

at the time poor upper management with preferential treatment to certain staff, scheduling problems and negative feedback from supervisors at times

Advice to Management

please listen to the staff level employees and take into consideration that seniority does not always mean excellence when judging performance

"It is okay.. but chances for advancement are slim.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

They offer a really good pay and benefits to those who are employed full time.

Cons

I worked there for a year as on-call and was never given the opportunity to advance or get a part or full time job... I only worked on weekends. I felt a little lonely and with nobody to really talk to because I didn't really know anybody.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they ask theri workers what they want because nobody ever asked me. And in terms of evaluations I did not see how that was possible if you didnt have much contact with me..

"BMH"

Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

BMH has great benefits for the entire family. I have a fairly flexible schedule, depending on my managers mood. I also feel I am fairly compensated for my work.

Cons

All downsides relvolve around management. Managers only watch out for themselves and the big bonus checks they receive at the end of the year. I don't feel that the rest of the employees needs are ever considered.

Advice to Management

Do your job and what you are paid to do. Stop making the little people do all the work and you take the credit. It takes 1400 employees to run this hospital and you only care about yourselves. Stop caring about the bottom line since you are a not-for-profit hospital.

8. "Bakersfield Memorial Hospital"

Pros

They were quick with my initial interview and hire. I believe I received two, albeit small, raises in the 2 years I worked for the company.

Cons

No specific cons come to mind. There are always people in any work environment you don't particularly mesh with, but it was never a reflection of the company.

Advice to Management

None. Dignity Health encourages fun at the office. IE, celebrating holidays, nurses week, etc. Everyone is invited to participate and it makes work enjoyable.