KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Balance Staffing Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 73 of over 85 reviews

4.8
Balance Staffing CEO John Moss  (no image)
John Moss
Pros
  • "I am a true believer of our Common Core Values ( Innovation, Relationship, Integrity and Passion)(in 7 reviews)

• "This company has a wonderful company culture, and provides the resources that a recruiter needs to succeed(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is a fast paced environment and you will always be busy(in 5 reviews)

• "Everyone here works very hard with long, long hours and that is expected from us(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent culture

May 15, 2021 - Support Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very innovative company with good benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Fun company!

Jul 30, 2021 - Sourcer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such a fun company culture and great management. They foster your skills and work with you one on one with areas you need help in

Cons

Some of the reqs are hard recruits. In a numbers driven industry it's hard to hit numbers with some of the positions being difficult to fill

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Balance staffing tread ted me real good placed me in a job asap

Mar 27, 2021 - Line Sorter in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They hire you I. Fast amd aleays have work especially manual labor

Cons

Well its all temporary ther is no quarantee you'll have work consitantly

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Balance truly cares about every employee no matter their role.

Jan 13, 2021 - Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Balance for 5 years and I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. The upper management truly cares about your well being and passions. I have never seen a company give you an opportunity to switch roles, even if you have zero experience in that field. They always push you to follow your passions and will provide all the tools to be successful in your role. They offer leadership training and mentorships from fellow colleagues that have taught me so much. From the first day that I was greeted in the offices, it was truly a family feel. Everyone was very welcoming, and years later that feeling has not changed one bit. The reason for this amazing culture not altering is that if you do not fit ALL 4 of our companies values (integrity, relationships, innovation, passion) then you won't work out with our team. Every branch may be different, but one thing is the same, and that is everyone truly works together as a team. The commission roles are very gracious compared to other agencies (unlimited!). During the pandemic, Balance has allowed everyone to work remotely from home. We still get to meet as a whole every Monday which is nice to see everyone. Management is always working hard to improve perks for internal and external employees. Salary employees are now able to get unlimited PTO. Benefits are really great along with a 401k match. There is a saying when employees leave the company and that is "all roads lead back to Balance". This is very true due to employees always coming back since you won't find this type of culture elsewhere.

Cons

As a recruiter - just know this is not a typical 9-5 job. You have to make yourself available 24/7 for your internal or external employees' needs.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Mar 16, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are great at helping you find a job,

Cons

Nothing they are wonderful and helpful

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse, Inclusive, Family-Oriented Team

Jan 8, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Open door policy, suggestions are welcome and often implemented - Managers trust you to do good work, without breathing down your neck - Executive-level leadership makes an effort to get to know you, no matter what your position is - Recognition is given where it is due - Strong cultural values

Cons

- Average compensation and benefits

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Agile, successful, and growing

Jan 11, 2021 - Recruiter in Stockton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapidly growing organization (even through COVID), self paced promotion structure, WFH, overall simply successful organization which embraces diversity and has a progressive outlook on business in general.

Cons

Rapidly growing so you do need to be agile!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of growth and improvement opportunities

Jul 31, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Balance Staffing does care about their internal employees, especially now during the pandemic. We are all able to work from home and be safe while still working to meet our numbers. I love our company culture and Balance is really good at having positive culture all around. My coworkers are great too!

Cons

If you're not a recruiter, account manager or in sales there is no way for you to get a raise or make more money which is terrible. Recruiters make so much money but everyone else doesn't get that same opportunity. Balance Staffing is also very unorganized and has terrible communication both internally and externally. Everyone here works very hard with long, long hours and that is expected from us. We get super overwhelmed and burnt out and aren't properly compensated.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company

Dec 31, 2020 - Sourcer
      Business Outlook

Pros

They treat everyone like family!

Cons

There are none as of now

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I am coming up on my 7 years with Balance Staffing.

Feb 25, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Stockton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Balance Staffing. Before coming to Balance, I was working at a job that I didn't enjoy much, coming here has changed my life and it has been an amazing journey and I have grown quite a bit. I do not see Balance Staffing as a job, it is my career and livelihood. I foresee myself retiring from Balance Staffing. I don't think I am going anywhere. This is my home, second family and a place that really follows our core values (relationships, passion, innovation, and integrity). We all work well together and we treat each other like family. I am blessed to be part of an amazing company that is rapidly growing.

Cons

Sometimes we get so busy and we don't have enough hours in the day. Time flies when you're having fun. As a recruiter, we commit to making sure our contractors are taken care of and to make sure everything is okay so we tend to answer phone calls at any time of day, whether it is late at night or super early in the morning.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Reviews