KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Balance Staffing Senior Recruiter Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 22 of over 86 reviews

4.9
Balance Staffing CEO John Moss  (no image)
John Moss
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Balance truly cares about every employee no matter their role.

Jan 13, 2021 - Recruiter in Stockton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Balance for 5 years and I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. The upper management truly cares about your well being and passions. I have never seen a company give you an opportunity to switch roles, even if you have zero experience in that field. They always push you to follow your passions and will provide all the tools to be successful in your role. They offer leadership training and mentorships from fellow colleagues that have taught me so much. From the first day that I was greeted in the offices, it was truly a family feel. Everyone was very welcoming, and years later that feeling has not changed one bit. The reason for this amazing culture not altering is that if you do not fit ALL 4 of our companies values (integrity, relationships, innovation, passion) then you won't work out with our team. Every branch may be different, but one thing is the same, and that is everyone truly works together as a team. The commission roles are very gracious compared to other agencies (unlimited!). During the pandemic, Balance has allowed everyone to work remotely from home. We still get to meet as a whole every Monday which is nice to see everyone. Management is always working hard to improve perks for internal and external employees. Salary employees are now able to get unlimited PTO. Benefits are really great along with a 401k match. There is a saying when employees leave the company and that is "all roads lead back to Balance". This is very true due to employees always coming back since you won't find this type of culture elsewhere.

Cons

As a recruiter - just know this is not a typical 9-5 job. You have to make yourself available 24/7 for your internal or external employees' needs.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Agile, successful, and growing

Jan 11, 2021 - Recruiter in Modesto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rapidly growing organization (even through COVID), self paced promotion structure, WFH, overall simply successful organization which embraces diversity and has a progressive outlook on business in general.

Cons

Rapidly growing so you do need to be agile!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse, Inclusive, Family-Oriented Team

Jan 8, 2021 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Open door policy, suggestions are welcome and often implemented - Managers trust you to do good work, without breathing down your neck - Executive-level leadership makes an effort to get to know you, no matter what your position is - Recognition is given where it is due - Strong cultural values

Cons

- Average compensation and benefits

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Do not work here - poor management

Jan 18, 2021 - Recruiter/Staffing Consultant in Modesto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are great in the first days in the hiring process very attentive but after you are hired they throw the load of work on your shoulders adding work from other departments & expect it done same day

Cons

Poor management, poor training, poor leadership

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Strong Family culture and dynamic

Jul 13, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Stockton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grow. Great environment for entry-level and experienced recruiters. A family-oriented company that sticks to its core values.

Cons

Business needs are always adjusting and can require long hours to get the jobs filled. You can expect this with any agency as your business is tied to the needs of your client.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love company values

Jul 9, 2020 - Recruiter in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership has great hearts and are always looking to do right by others. Have been especially vigilant in keeping staff safe during covid. Company is great at taking feedback and improving.

Cons

Can be fast paced, but company is usually honest about what is feasible and are willing to help you improve.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Feels like family

May 20, 2020 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

strong sense of community and company culture, opportunity to make great money, always something to work on and projects to contribute to

Cons

hustle culture can lead to extra-long hours and burn out, management needs to work on protecting the long term health of their teams

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that cares

Feb 25, 2020 - Recruiter in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Balance is a great company to work for, their is always an opportunity for growth and to find your passion. As a company they strive to follow their core values and are always willing to to push or challenge their employees to be the best versions of themselves. As the company is expanding they still care and try to build and develop every relationship with every employee. The CEO makes it a point to travel to every office quarterly to engage with the team. This is really important it makes them "real" and approachable. The company puts on many events for all offices including family events. Overall this is a really great company to work for and build a career.

Cons

Their are no internal climate surveys done.

9. 5.0

Fabulous, Fun, Work Environment

Feb 25, 2020 - Lead Recruiter in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Balance Staffing is a company that cares about their employees. All the owners make their rounds to all branches (even out of state) to make sure they meet any new persons and continue to build their relationship with their current employees. With Balance you're more than just a number or a producer, you're a person. Balance shows their appreciation to their employees by not only saying it, but having events. In Spring we have a picnic where we can bring our family and in the winter they have a formal black tie themed party for you and a guest. If branches meet their quarterly events, they get to go on a quarterly event. We build such great relationships at work that turn into long lasting friendships. The teams supports each other in successes, helps each other in struggles inside and outside of work. The culture overall makes Balance a fabulous place to work!

Cons

Not enough space. We are growing at such a rapid rate, that in some of our branches we don't have enough space for our recruiters.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I am coming up on my 7 years with Balance Staffing.

Feb 25, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Balance Staffing. Before coming to Balance, I was working at a job that I didn't enjoy much, coming here has changed my life and it has been an amazing journey and I have grown quite a bit. I do not see Balance Staffing as a job, it is my career and livelihood. I foresee myself retiring from Balance Staffing. I don't think I am going anywhere. This is my home, second family and a place that really follows our core values (relationships, passion, innovation, and integrity). We all work well together and we treat each other like family. I am blessed to be part of an amazing company that is rapidly growing.

Cons

Sometimes we get so busy and we don't have enough hours in the day. Time flies when you're having fun. As a recruiter, we commit to making sure our contractors are taken care of and to make sure everything is okay so we tend to answer phone calls at any time of day, whether it is late at night or super early in the morning.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews