KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Balance Staffing

Is this your company?

Balance Staffing

Add a Review

Balance Staffing Employee Reviews about "core values"

Updated Jul 13, 2020

Found 7 of over 85 reviews

4.6
Balance Staffing CEO John Moss  (no image)
John Moss
Pros
  • "I am a true believer of our Common Core Values ( Innovation, Relationship, Integrity and Passion)(in 7 reviews)

• "This company has a wonderful company culture, and provides the resources that a recruiter needs to succeed(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is a fast paced environment and you will always be busy(in 5 reviews)

• "Everyone here works very hard with long, long hours and that is expected from us(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "core values"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Strong Family culture and dynamic

Jul 13, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grow. Great environment for entry-level and experienced recruiters. A family-oriented company that sticks to its core values.

Cons

Business needs are always adjusting and can require long hours to get the jobs filled. You can expect this with any agency as your business is tied to the needs of your client.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I am coming up on my 7 years with Balance Staffing.

Feb 25, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Stockton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Balance Staffing. Before coming to Balance, I was working at a job that I didn't enjoy much, coming here has changed my life and it has been an amazing journey and I have grown quite a bit. I do not see Balance Staffing as a job, it is my career and livelihood. I foresee myself retiring from Balance Staffing. I don't think I am going anywhere. This is my home, second family and a place that really follows our core values (relationships, passion, innovation, and integrity). We all work well together and we treat each other like family. I am blessed to be part of an amazing company that is rapidly growing.

Cons

Sometimes we get so busy and we don't have enough hours in the day. Time flies when you're having fun. As a recruiter, we commit to making sure our contractors are taken care of and to make sure everything is okay so we tend to answer phone calls at any time of day, whether it is late at night or super early in the morning.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that cares

Feb 25, 2020 - Recruiter in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Balance is a great company to work for, their is always an opportunity for growth and to find your passion. As a company they strive to follow their core values and are always willing to to push or challenge their employees to be the best versions of themselves. As the company is expanding they still care and try to build and develop every relationship with every employee. The CEO makes it a point to travel to every office quarterly to engage with the team. This is really important it makes them "real" and approachable. The company puts on many events for all offices including family events. Overall this is a really great company to work for and build a career.

Cons

Their are no internal climate surveys done.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work but has room to grow

Sep 23, 2019 - N/A
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities to grow within the company - Great benefits and pay - Company culture is good for the most part. Everyone here is very welcoming and nice - Great training opportunities - Ability to travel to each branch and get to know everyone - Management cares about the well-being of their employees and are flexible/understanding - Co-workers are supportive and fun to be around - Fun staff events and ability to go to quarterly events when targets are met - Great earning potential for all employees, especially recruiters - Flexibility with PTO, working from home, etc. - Everyone stays true to the core values and truly strives to do their best and be their best - Awesome CEO and upper management - There's always something new each day - Great co-workers who are fun, hard working and supportive

Cons

- There is no work/life balance for many people that work here - Too many people working in such a small space - Phone system is not very efficient - Management needs to speak with employees who don't seem happy about their job and address these issues - Need better hands on training before jumping into the job/setting up expectations for job role - This job is incredibly fast paced and hustle and bustle all day which some people might not be comfortable with and there should be time for new people to learn and not be thrown right into it

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your honest review and feedback. We take these comments very seriously and these points that you shared will be addressed with our team to our ensure that we're working on continuously improving.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Employed for 5 years and still going!

Feb 5, 2020 - Account Management in Stockton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I ask myself why I have worked here for so many years, my first immediate thought is the company's culture. My peers are like my second family here and the executive team strongly promotes a team work atmosphere and passionately encourages good values. They have shown so much support throughout my career. Our company's four core values are Integrity, Relationships, Passion, and Innovation and those are values that are shown from the top down.

Cons

Balance Staffing is a very fast-paced working environment and the hours can be demanding if you don't manage your time appropriately. The company has expanded rapidly in the past few years so office space is temporarily limited. We move at a very fast rate and that can be challenging for those who are not the right fit. Someone with a strong drive, ambition, good work ethic, and up for a challenge would be ideal for this company.

Marketing Coordinator

Hello, Thank you so much for sharing such detailed pros and cons with us. We are so happy to hear that our company's culture and our dedication to staying true to our core values has played such an enormous role in you staying at our company! Your areas of improvement are also very appreciated as it gives us an understanding of what we need to work on.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Integrity-Relationships-Amazing Work Life Balance

Jan 6, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Balance is growing . I love working a diverse team in different regions and being part of the growth. This company cares works based on core values and applies that to everyone that walks through their doors for career opportunities. In house employees have much room for growth as well. This is the kind of organization where your passions are accounted for and successes are celebrated and encouraged. In staffing, that isn't always easy to come by. If you find a strength or value add in something, you're free to speak up and use their open door policies. They are an innovative company and willing to try new things to get the job done. I've never come across a staffing firm that has been so open in discussing values and practicing them on an every-day basis.

Cons

I have not come across any

Marketing Coordinator

Hello! We appreciate you sharing a detailed response as to what our pros and cons are. Balance Staffing as a company strives to stay true to our core values and include them into everything that we do. We are pleased to hear that you resonate so much with our values and our continuous growth. Thank you!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rwview

Feb 25, 2020 - Community Outreach Representative in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a true believer of our Common Core Values ( Innovation, Relationship, Integrity and Passion). This job is very rewarding knowing you are a part of changing someone's life by given them an opportunity of employment. Working with a team that has the same believes makes a great place to work.

Cons

I do not feel there are any cons working here. This is where my passion is

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews