Balboa Capital "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Balboa Capital Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Apr 25, 2019

4.1
Balboa Capital CEO Patrick Byrne (no image)
Patrick Byrne
Cons

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best in Class"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Balboa Capital is best in class for a reason... As a corporation, the culture is better than most, providing a work environment that is competitive, supportive, and fulfilling... Usually not three words you associate together! TBH, I really enjoy the pace of my work life, and the harmonious balance it has with my home life. The work-life balance is an incentive like no other! Beyond the environment, I believe... Balboa's best attribute is it's #people - The leadership team is almost too good to be true... They care about who you are, and not what you are! They are invested in developing your skill set, and helping you grow... not many companies today can say their top priority beyond its customer base is their Employees, and Balboa does... so thank you. #People #Process #Product. I work in the Scottsdale office, and I can honestly say my success here has gone beyond my own personal drive & desire... Much of my gratitude goes directly to my Geoff, my manager and his passion for his team and what he is doing!

Cons

Low starting wage... to start off... BUT the only way to build up is to start off with a set, stable foundation, and Balboa Capital does just this providing stability.

Advice to Management

Continue to be leaders in your space, and focus your efforts on #People #Product #Process - We as a company are strong today... but we can be better... and we will!

Balboa Capital2019-04-25
  2. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive I

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recruiter was very informative and gave courtesy calls to remind of interview/first day, etc. Entire office is very friendly and supportive. Fun, relaxed work environment with one common goal.

Cons

About a 3-week wait between signing hiring paperwork to first day in office. Low base salary

Balboa Capital2019-04-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Balboa Capital part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good boss Flexible good work environment

Cons

Not an opportunity for employment afterward

Balboa Capital2019-02-26
  5. "Overall good experience!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Filled with fun, energetic, and driven individuals! Good place to start if you are looking for a job in the field of finance.

Cons

Felt like I was just left to develop on my own after training.

Advice to Management

Wish they were more involved in your progress after training. Managers should be more sensible toward the newer employees.

Balboa Capital2017-02-22

"Franchise Account Manager"

I worked at Balboa Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and friendly work environment

Cons

Upper management provides money making accounts to specific employees. Hard to break into having the good accounts which leads to making them not enough money

Balboa Capital2016-08-17
  7. "Great opportunity to build a career in finance and sales"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive work environment, that encourages success. You get to help small business owners day in and day out with their business finance needs, and it is very rewarding.

Cons

If you want to succeed, you need to work hard, but hard work pays off in the end. You have to want it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Balboa Capital2015-09-09
  8. "Business Development Manager"

Business Development Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Balboa Capital for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment! Smart aggressive people who like their jobs and all work together to help each other succeed.

Cons

I've only been here for 3 months and haven't yet encountered any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! It's refreshing to be at a place where people enjoy their jobs!!

Balboa Capital2015-09-09
  9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Manager! Productive Training Efforts and Strong Management Leadership! Good Work Environment! Coworkers engage in Positive Team Building! Certainly a good opportunity to gain experience in this industry.

Cons

All jobs require hard work and a strong work ethic. It is certainly not an easy job but you will learn a lot about this industry and the company's offerings if you challenge yourself at the job everyday.

Advice to Management

ZERO...

Balboa Capital2015-09-03

"Not ideal for long term growth. Favoritism runs rampant"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CA

I worked at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent work environment when not being micromanaged. Fun activities around holidays, sporting events that gets you out of work for an hour or so.

Cons

150 calls per day gets draining fast. It wouldn't be that bad if you were calling quality accounts but you are stuck with the bottom of the barrel leads, liquor stores and car washes (and this was supposed to be in the 'higher revenue' division). Favoritism is a problem. Certain managers would harass and micromanage most employees but then let others be completely lazy. This manager even spent most of his day... talking with this employee behind closed doors about sun tan lotion and sorority events. Concerns were voiced but fell upon deaf ears as we were told, "she's funded something and you havent". A cop out of sorts, even though it came to be untrue. When we would find deals, they were treated as garbage, that werent worth the time of upper management, which truly sucks when you make 750 calls a week and find only a few opportunities in that time frame. No encouragement for finding the opp, just negativity that you even brought it to their attention. Then when you dont bring them an opp for fear of being shut down, they tell you that you dont bring them enough deals. It was easier for me to avoid any communication between my manager and myself, even small talk.

Advice to Management

I honestly didnt hate my time here but I think it could have been better if it werent for the lack of effort of my manager. There was no training, no help, and when you did something wrong is the only time I received any piece of feedback. It would help for you to have management who wants to have employees excel and do well. I felt that my entire time under this certain manager, his job was to fire me or get me to... quit.

Balboa Capital2015-10-01
  11. "Challenging company but a good start for a sales career"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

strong company growth, positive work environment, nice offices, centrally located in OC near all major freeways, quarterly meetings with good speakers and employee recognition

Cons

heavy demands on time based on the number of calls you need to make, but it means more money in my pocket because I can close more deals. There are lots of people on the phone in the same work area and it gets loud.

Advice to Management

Faster promotions from entry-level sales to the higher positions if you prove yourself to keep quality people happy.

Balboa Capital2014-08-21