Baldor Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker
Ronald Tucker

Pros
Cons
  • They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does (in 3 reviews)

• very hard to move to first shift (in 3 reviews)

1. "St. Louis Plant - good place to work"

Current Employee - Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, friendly environment. Management is pretty good. You can talk to them and they listen and try to help. I've worked at other manufacturing companies in town and I am not used to this. There are a lot of people who don't appreciate because they've never worked elsewhere before. Safety is huge.

Cons

No AC. Summers get really hot. Sometimes overtime gets old but it is good money so I don't complain.

Advice to Management

Continue the safety rewards. Keep having communication meetings. It helps. Bring christmas gift cards back

2. "Meh"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Westville, OK
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Westville, OK

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is really good. Most of the people are good to work with. Really not much else good about it

Cons

Geez where to begin. Management sucks. Never have plant meetings anymore. Never see the plant manager or production manager. New temps that come in are so lazy it's ridiculous. And they get hired full time. I don't get it. You use to have to prove to be a good worker to get hired full time. Insurance really sucks. Vision insurance is so ridiculous. Human Resources doesn't even help with anything. You have to do your own insurance and fmla if you need it. I don't know why we even have them.

Advice to Management

Not going to waste my time on giving any advice. They don't want to hear what we have to say.

"Anti-employee environment. Benefits are not worth the stress of working here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, but we're all just waiting on the ship to completely sink.

Cons

Vacation policy is awful, health benefits are pathetic compared to other companies in the areas where the company is located, vision plan is the cheapest they could offer, forced to get mail order prescriptions or pay double. They took away Christmas gift cards and now they are trying to take away vacation from even salary employees. Offer 10 year employees a voluntary termination plan to cut costs and minimize another layoff incident. There is no care for the employees well being anymore. It is all about the bottom line. Everyone has become expendable even knowledgeable employees. There are no raises, there are no bonuses. Just keep your head down, do your job, and hope you are not next on the list to go.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are worthless. Stop making poor decisions that hurt the company reputation and sales. Stop implementing policies that make work life miserable. Offer better benefits to keep the employees you do have. Most of us are looking for other jobs.

"Not sure what to think"

Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays pretty good compared to other companies in this field, and most the workers here are pretty cool and hard working people.

Cons

Not sure how to feel here at the St.Louis plant, just feels like people are getting fired for minor incidents, that should result in a write up at most, not a firing. We had a employee that had been here around ten years without any incidents, he bids to another department and within a couple weeks gets fired for cutting his finger during training, just don't add up. Then like a week later another employee cuts his head on a coil and doesn't even get a verbal, the favoritism here is crazy. I'm wondering if I should be looking for a new job, seeing as the company's hurting so bad for money that they couldn't even give us the $50 gift card we get every Christmas this year. I mean we've had a brand new slit line for well over a year and they still have no clue how to make it run. Makes you wonder who they got running this place. Just feels like taking care of the employee is at the bottom of this company's to do list, and god forbid you have fmla for anything, man their trying to get rid of those employees like crazy, it's almost to the point of harassment.

Advice to Management

I don't really know what to say, can you fix any of this. I mean do you even care about these reviews on this site. I'm just saying it's really bad when most your employees here in St.Louis are making $21.50 and up and all they talk about is finding a new job.

6. "CNC Operator"

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - CNC Operator in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my job! I love the people I work with and for. And the money is about the best u r gonna find around here. Benefits are good too.

Cons

Not a con to me.. but some folks are afraid of work! U r gonna be tired. U r gonna get ur hands dirty. U may not be able to look pretty...lol! That stuff don't bother me.

Advice to Management

Just continue to make your people feel appreciated. That's really all anyone wants.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good working environment, good people

Cons

I can't think of any cons to mention.

"What happened to being Baldor?"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's some great people working here, and the work can be challenging and fun. On inclement weather days, salaried employees are able to remote work.

Cons

There's no work/life balance anymore. ABB has sucked all the "Baldor" out of Baldor. Insurance premiums are ridiculous and fewer places are accepting it. Vacation time has been taken away from exempt employees, and is no longer available on anniversary dates. Instead, it's now earned as a chunk on each payday. It's stressful working here, and after layoffs and buyouts, it feels like everyone here has a target on our backs.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. We can tell something is off, and acting like buyouts will solve things only adds to the stress.

9. "Entertaining"

Current Employee - Auto Punchpress Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Auto Punchpress Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a high paying job with 40 plus hours a week.

Cons

The buildings don't have air conditioning so it does get really hot in the summer. Also, it's really loud., You have to wear hearing protection, steal toe shoes, gloves, etc. Very strict , Tough attendance policy. (No personal sick days or guaranteed bad weather days).

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they're appreciated and cared about and that they're not just a number.

10. "Administrative Assistant of Quality"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ozark, AR
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ozark, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great place to work, love the people, good salary and good benefits. I will be moving in the future and am looking for a job.

Cons

I have no cons about this job.

Baldor Electric Response

Sep 23, 2016 – HR

Most people don't leave a comment when their feedback is only positive - we appreciate that you did. Thank you.

11. "PRODUCT SPECIALIST"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Baldor Electric (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Awesome starting pay.

Cons

Location, not enough training for postion

Baldor Electric Response

Aug 27, 2016 – HR

Thanks for the positive feedback. Please your HR Manager know what training you wished you'd received when you started your position so we can improve the process.