Baldor Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker
Ronald Tucker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They want to hire everyone as a temp and even full time employees start off with 1 week of vacation (in 7 reviews)

• They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does (in 3 reviews)

1. "Production Supervisor"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to experience new things and learn a lot about motors. There are some very kind and intelligent people that work here. The pay is pretty good for the area.

Cons

The overtime is ridiculous, (especially for salaried production). We don't receive the "tools" we need to do our job efficiently which is extremely stressful when required to hit certain numbers and hold people accountable. I'm getting burned out and I'm not the only one. It feels like the dirt is pouring in faster than I can dig it out much of the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to 6S, I mean REALLY 6s, make sure everyone is doing what their departments are supposed to be doing, do more QSE and quit putting an entire problem in one departments lap (production, engineering, quality) we are in this together!!! Production cant do their jobs if the processes are crap, engineering cannot do their job if production won't make time for improvements etc..

2. "Maintenance technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One good thing about this company is that they have been in business for a 100 years. This helps creat stability.

Cons

The bad thing is just like so manny other manufacturers, the jobs are slowly being replaced by cheaper labor or robots.

Advice to Management

Place more value in your employees. When they are treated as though they are not wanted there it really deflates one’s eagerness to put. A lot of effort into their job.

3. "Boring, No Raises"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

Pretty easy. Expectations are pretty low. You'll never work outside of your mon-fri 9-5.

Cons

No growth potential. Monotonous. No raises or advancement.

"Baldor"

Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k, Profit Sharing, Insurance Benefits, Location,

Cons

Owned by an outside company, possibility of shutting down, constant management change

"Needs improvement."

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees at the plant level truly perform as a team and care about each other. Plant level management (Plant manager/staff) treat employees with respect.

Cons

Frequent wage freezes for salary personnel. Low wages and mediocre benefits. Most, if not all, policy changes are at the expense of the employee (benefits/wages/vacation). Baldor management (Tucker/Fullbright/Green) treat salary/management personnel as expendable. Morale within the management personnel at my facility has waned and many team members are pursuing employment with other companies.

Advice to Management

When implementing policy changes, be sure to include ones that improve the employees quality of life, not just the ones that improve the bottom line. Pay management employees competitvely.

"Not sure what to think"

Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays pretty good compared to other companies in this field, and most the workers here are pretty cool and hard working people.

Cons

Not sure how to feel here at the St.Louis plant, just feels like people are getting fired for minor incidents, that should result in a write up at most, not a firing. We had a employee that had been here around ten years without any incidents, he bids to another department and within a couple weeks gets fired for cutting his finger during training, just don't add up. Then like a week later another employee cuts his head on a coil and doesn't even get a verbal, the favoritism here is crazy. I'm wondering if I should be looking for a new job, seeing as the company's hurting so bad for money that they couldn't even give us the $50 gift card we get every Christmas this year. I mean we've had a brand new slit line for well over a year and they still have no clue how to make it run. Makes you wonder who they got running this place. Just feels like taking care of the employee is at the bottom of this company's to do list, and god forbid you have fmla for anything, man their trying to get rid of those employees like crazy, it's almost to the point of harassment.

Advice to Management

I don't really know what to say, can you fix any of this. I mean do you even care about these reviews on this site. I'm just saying it's really bad when most your employees here in St.Louis are making $21.50 and up and all they talk about is finding a new job.

7. "Electrical Assembly"

Pros

Great work schedule and time off

Cons

Some people were hard to work with

Oct 17, 2016 – HR

We appreciate your comments

8. "good company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Baldor Electric as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay and working environment

Cons

management needs to put more emphasis on training.

"Stuck in the past"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Speaking specifically of the Greenville office, there are a lot of opportunities due to the variety of products being developed there. Amazing test facility where given the right opportunity, you can have an engineering job with a fair amount of hands on responsibilities.

Cons

Company has been focused solely on sales in the last few years, and unfortunately it has been at the cost of building a quality product. Company really doesn't take good care of it's employees. The leadership in Arkansas is very disconnected from the way things work in a competitive employment market like Greenville.

Advice to Management

Put the focus back on developing quality products, I think a complete revamping of the sales network is necessary for this company to ever achieve significant market growth again.

Apr 24, 2016 – HR

We agree that customers expect a quality product, and it's what we expect to deliver. We appreciate your suggestions.

10. "Not a bad job"

Pros

decent pay and laid back atmosphere

Cons

very hard to move to first shift

Advice to Management

Be more aware of training needs of employee's

Mar 21, 2016

Thank you for your thoughts. We're proud that our employees have long tenure with us and that we are able to promote from within. We will pass on your comments about training to the HR team.