Baldor Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker
Ronald Tucker

Pros
Cons
  • They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does (in 3 reviews)

• very hard to move to first shift (in 3 reviews)

"Not sure what to think"

Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays pretty good compared to other companies in this field, and most the workers here are pretty cool and hard working people.

Cons

Not sure how to feel here at the St.Louis plant, just feels like people are getting fired for minor incidents, that should result in a write up at most, not a firing. We had a employee that had been here around ten years without any incidents, he bids to another department and within a couple weeks gets fired for cutting his finger during training, just don't add up. Then like a week later another employee cuts his head on a coil and doesn't even get a verbal, the favoritism here is crazy. I'm wondering if I should be looking for a new job, seeing as the company's hurting so bad for money that they couldn't even give us the $50 gift card we get every Christmas this year. I mean we've had a brand new slit line for well over a year and they still have no clue how to make it run. Makes you wonder who they got running this place. Just feels like taking care of the employee is at the bottom of this company's to do list, and god forbid you have fmla for anything, man their trying to get rid of those employees like crazy, it's almost to the point of harassment.

Advice to Management

I don't really know what to say, can you fix any of this. I mean do you even care about these reviews on this site. I'm just saying it's really bad when most your employees here in St.Louis are making $21.50 and up and all they talk about is finding a new job.

"Stuck in the past"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Speaking specifically of the Greenville office, there are a lot of opportunities due to the variety of products being developed there. Amazing test facility where given the right opportunity, you can have an engineering job with a fair amount of hands on responsibilities.

Cons

Company has been focused solely on sales in the last few years, and unfortunately it has been at the cost of building a quality product. Company really doesn't take good care of it's employees. The leadership in Arkansas is very disconnected from the way things work in a competitive employment market like Greenville.

Advice to Management

Put the focus back on developing quality products, I think a complete revamping of the sales network is necessary for this company to ever achieve significant market growth again.

Baldor Electric Response

Apr 24, 2016 – HR

We agree that customers expect a quality product, and it's what we expect to deliver. We appreciate your suggestions.

3. "Salary"

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A good place to work.

Cons

Salary increases are not that good

"Baldor"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great, well engineered, reliable products.

Cons

Lacks organization and clearly defined goals

Advice to Management

Provide clear cut objectives to make the company better and provide better support to customers.

"Headquarters review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, profit sharing, and a pay check.

Cons

Office politics. The culture is defined by negative rumors, poor hiring decisions, and lengthy meetings that do not accomplish anything. Lack of career growth.

Advice to Management

Stop the obvious favoritism of individuals over the team and business needs. Take care of the customer and not worry about office politics. Take advice from your employees rather than listening to suggestions for the sake of listening.

"Very friendly from top to bottom / 2 layoffs in recent years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Very friendly coworkers throughout the organization.
    Minimal correlation to Dilbert's world. We never had to deal with such nonsense.
    Company has a clearly communicated "no layoff' policy, but ...

Cons

Baldor has had two layoffs in recent years, in spite of broadly communicated commitments against such acts.
    The corporate office is in rural, poor Arkansas. This culturally isolates the executive group from the rest of America and the rest of the world, which greatly disadvantages the company. It also makes any promotion to high positions impossible for anyone who doesn't seek to relocate to impoverished small-town Arkansas.

Advice to Management

Physically relocate to a desirable metro area well-connected to your customers.
    The company would benefit tremendously from greater diversity of ideas, enabled by a more geographically diverse workforce. This will only be achieved when the corporate offices are moved to a desirable metro area.

"Hard to work for"

Former Employee - CNC Oprerator in Ozark, AR
    Former Employee - CNC Oprerator in Ozark, AR

Pros

The money was very good.

Cons

They are very busy and they hard to work for.

Advice to Management

Need to be more concerned for their employees.

9. "Not a bad place...but not good either"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Westville, OK
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Westville, OK

Pros

They pay well when you get past the temp part of the hiring process, but you can be forever and a day getting past that.

Cons

They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does. Not realistic considering the wage a temp employee is not really that good. An excessive amount of overtime. If you are not full time or a permanent employee chances are you will be treated less than human at times...I prefer to let people get to know me before they despise me.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and back off the attendance policy. People who work their have families and sometimes they need to miss a day. You are not the only job in the world and from what I saw the quality of the employees you were attracting was steadily in decline.

10. "good coworkers -corporate management lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric (More than 10 years)

Pros

Local coworkers great to work with. most managers flexible with family/work life. Profit sharing program great.

Cons

Female employees salaries need to be the same as equal male counterparts. Salaried employees get the bad end of the stick when it comes to promotions and raises. Corporate managers need to talk and really listen to all employees

Advice to Management

Get away from "the good ol boy" mentality

11. "Design engineer"

Current Employee - CO Engineering in Flowery Branch, GA
    Current Employee - CO Engineering in Flowery Branch, GA

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

pretty stable company, during the recession we worked short work weeks instead of laying people off.

Cons

Some times the decisions made seem to be a knee jerk reaction. Mandatory overtime, expect to work most Saturdays if you are a manufacturing worker.