Baldor Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • takes a year or longer to go from temp to full time hire, pay for a temp is marginal (in 5 reviews)

• They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

Best motor company in the business

Cons

have to work overtime to stay on top

2. "Great colleagues"

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

You will never meet a greater group of people. Baldor employees are a fantastic group of people to work with- one of the best reasons to work here.

Cons

They have been downsizing over the past few years.

"Manufacturing Engineering Co-op"

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

upper management willing to hear concerns

Cons

little to none sense of culture
    minimal guidance given on a daily basis

4. "Great Place to work!!!"

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

Great pay, Great benefits

Cons

no cons. great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "St. Louis Plant - good place to work"

Current Employee - Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, friendly environment. Management is pretty good. You can talk to them and they listen and try to help. I've worked at other manufacturing companies in town and I am not used to this. There are a lot of people who don't appreciate because they've never worked elsewhere before. Safety is huge.

Cons

No AC. Summers get really hot. Sometimes overtime gets old but it is good money so I don't complain.

Advice to Management

Continue the safety rewards. Keep having communication meetings. It helps. Bring christmas gift cards back

"Nupar"

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The management was the best I ever worked for. Nupar had it going. Good ontime, no rejects and everyone worked together. I felt so sorry for the Plant Manager the day he told us we were closing.

Cons

Baldor should have looked at Nupar and learned from us on how to run a business and treat people. Baldor screwed everyone at Nupar.

Advice to Management

You need to talk with the Managers here answer learn from them.

"This was the best job/career I've ever had."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to do my job, the people, ability to advance, I could tell my boss what I think, incredibly gratifying, I was in a position to teach/educate people, benefits, pay.

Cons

Had to deal with molten aluminum in some cases (got burned), very repetitive, in some cases I wasn't the most popular person (which told me that I was doing my job).

Advice to Management

The only thing I wanted to see happen was for someone to say good job (Pat on the back).

8. "Nupar"

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

Great company to work for while plant still in claremore

Cons

Plant shut down on claremore last year.

"Needs improvement."

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees at the plant level truly perform as a team and care about each other. Plant level management (Plant manager/staff) treat employees with respect.

Cons

Frequent wage freezes for salary personnel. Low wages and mediocre benefits. Most, if not all, policy changes are at the expense of the employee (benefits/wages/vacation). Baldor management (Tucker/Fullbright/Green) treat salary/management personnel as expendable. Morale within the management personnel at my facility has waned and many team members are pursuing employment with other companies.

Advice to Management

When implementing policy changes, be sure to include ones that improve the employees quality of life, not just the ones that improve the bottom line. Pay management employees competitvely.

"Anti-employee environment. Benefits are not worth the stress of working here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, but we're all just waiting on the ship to completely sink.

Cons

Vacation policy is awful, health benefits are pathetic compared to other companies in the areas where the company is located, vision plan is the cheapest they could offer, forced to get mail order prescriptions or pay double. They took away Christmas gift cards and now they are trying to take away vacation from even salary employees. Offer 10 year employees a voluntary termination plan to cut costs and minimize another layoff incident. There is no care for the employees well being anymore. It is all about the bottom line. Everyone has become expendable even knowledgeable employees. There are no raises, there are no bonuses. Just keep your head down, do your job, and hope you are not next on the list to go.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are worthless. Stop making poor decisions that hurt the company reputation and sales. Stop implementing policies that make work life miserable. Offer better benefits to keep the employees you do have. Most of us are looking for other jobs.