Baldor Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Baldor Electric Reviews

Updated March 4, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • They expect you to stay there up to a year or more sometimes making about half as much less as everyone else around you does (in 3 reviews)

• very hard to move to first shift (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values.

Cons

None currently. Benefits vary as direct employees vs. sales offices.

"What happened to being Baldor?"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's some great people working here, and the work can be challenging and fun. On inclement weather days, salaried employees are able to remote work.

Cons

There's no work/life balance anymore. ABB has sucked all the "Baldor" out of Baldor. Insurance premiums are ridiculous and fewer places are accepting it. Vacation time has been taken away from exempt employees, and is no longer available on anniversary dates. Instead, it's now earned as a chunk on each payday. It's stressful working here, and after layoffs and buyouts, it feels like everyone here has a target on our backs.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. We can tell something is off, and acting like buyouts will solve things only adds to the stress.

3. "Entertaining"

Current Employee - Auto Punchpress Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Auto Punchpress Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a high paying job with 40 plus hours a week.

Cons

The buildings don't have air conditioning so it does get really hot in the summer. Also, it's really loud., You have to wear hearing protection, steal toe shoes, gloves, etc. Very strict , Tough attendance policy. (No personal sick days or guaranteed bad weather days).

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they're appreciated and cared about and that they're not just a number.

"STRESS HERE WILL KILL YOU!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and retirement package.

Cons

Corporate personnel overworked. Favoritism rampant. Worked at Baldor just short of twenty years. I always said they would have to fire or retire me. Things changed the last four years. I was emotionally and verbally abused by my manager. When I reported it he retaliated and tried to have me fired. Luckily I was able to transition into a new career away from the nightmare my job had become. Baldor has went downhill and does not care for their employees and even less for their customers. I can't work at a place like that.

Advice to Management

Hire more people that actually know what they are doing. It takes more than looking at a spreadsheet of numbers to properly run a business. Look into employee concerns instead of always taking their managers word for it. I could sue as I have plenty of evidence I emailed to my private email account but I won't at this time. Stop looking the other way and start looking at your employees and how unhappy they are. Unhappy workers make for an unhappy business. Get rid of whoever initiated project Washington. They are idiots who cost the company their reputation, customers, lots of money, and dedicated employees. Or just look the other way and expect ABB to fix it, again.

6. "Professional, Knowledgable, Very Helpful"

Former Employee - Support Manager, Sales, and Repairmen
    Former Employee - Support Manager, Sales, and Repairmen

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dealt with Baldor for 3 years. Help the small motor shop l help run in many ways. Made me feel important to them even thou it was a three man shop, until Cal (owner) died. Always had time for my questions, and would even send a rep out from time to time. Clearly a good group of people to work with. 😀

Cons

Nun I can think of. They even invited us to learn some about frequency drives.
    On con I have was the son who inherited the business, decided to pay me less than Cal, even though I ended up doing most of the work after he died.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, wish I had the opportunity to fix and sell your products again.

Nov 6, 2016 – HR

Thanks for taking care of customers for us! It's good to have partners like your shop that we can rely on.

7. "Sad to see them close"

Former Employee - Group Leader in Claremore, OK
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Claremore, OK

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, hours, and pay

Cons

Some middle management needed to be retrained.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to your subordinates.

Oct 17, 2016 – HR

Thank you for years of service, and for your feedback

8. "Electrical Assembly"

Pros

Great work schedule and time off

Cons

Some people were hard to work with

Oct 17, 2016 – HR

We appreciate your comments

9. "Administrative Assistant of Quality"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ozark, AR
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ozark, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great place to work, love the people, good salary and good benefits. I will be moving in the future and am looking for a job.

Cons

I have no cons about this job.

Sep 23, 2016 – HR

Most people don't leave a comment when their feedback is only positive - we appreciate that you did. Thank you.

"Work/Life out of balance."

Pros

Check still cashes. Occasionally still get vacation. Insurance still seems valid. Other than that it's really hard to find pros.

Cons

Cannot have a life working here. ABB has destroyed Baldor & Baldor management has allowed it to happen. Rollie Boreham is rolling over in his grave! Nice job!

Advice to Management

You had better start taking better care of the employee or there will be none left. Most current employees are looking to leave. May be the Baldor plan though... Looks like ABB is moving Baldor out of Ft. Smith one department at a time! Will not be long before Baldor no longer exists in Ft. Smith.

Oct 22, 2016 – HR

It is ABB and Baldor's intention to remain in Fort Smith, producing motors as we do today. The more specific feedback we get, the better we can help manage change and employee concerns.

11. "Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Commerce, CA

Pros

Bonuses and benefits and some of the employees are nice people to work with. That's pretty much it for the good side.

Cons

Horrible Management unprofessional environment. I work there for about 6 years. Worked harder than the rest and didn't go anywhere, due to the manager not liking me.

Advice to Management

They need new ones and professional ones. The company is going down due to horrible managers. They have one that is always sleeping in his office and one that is always joking around and is very unprofessional.

Oct 22, 2016 – HR

thanks for your comments. We hope you provided specific details about these incidences to HR during your exit interview, if not before.