Baldor Specialty Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Muzyk

1. "Business Analyst"

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods part-time

Pros

Great team environment, testing food is awesome, culture

Cons

there are no cons here

Advice to Management

there is no advice to management

2. "Baldor is Going places"

Current Employee - A New Employee in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - A New Employee in Bronx, NY

Pros

The work I do is very challenging. The phrase "never a dull moment" probably explains it best. Baldor has a dynamic and diverse workforce that cares for one another. Baldor is an organization where management encourages innovation and out of the box thinking. In a short time, I have found a home away from home inside a company that is going places, where I feel respected and my contributions are recognized. Working at Baldor is truly one of the best decisions, I have ever made. Benefits are great, the gym is awesome, the food in the kitchen is tasty and I get to buy quality fruits and vegetables in the store at very low prices, plus I work in the BRONX.

Cons

Pay may be an area of opportunity, but with the anticipated changes to the minimum wage in NYC this issue will quickly disappear. However, the benefit package is very robust, there is a lot of opportunity to work over time and earn extra money.

Advice to Management

The future is uncertain, but with a little planning the risks of the unknown can easily be controlled.

3. "Great People Family company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chelsea, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chelsea, MA

Pros

One of the best places to work. Great support and learned a lot.

Cons

Cons: Team Moral was low

5. "The Truth about Baldor"

Current Employee - Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here at Baldor there"s always room for advancement if the potential is there. They offer excellent Benefits and 401-K. This is honestly a very family orientated environment. However, they still manage to maintain a high level of professionalism.

Cons

Baldor does require a certain level of commitment that not everyone is either willing or able to provide.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Router"

Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

free medical insurance, matching up to a percentage of 401k contribution, profit sharing ,and a lot more. Many employees over 15 years

Cons

Long hours, always in need of employees

Advice to Management

Keep working as hard as they have been .

Baldor Specialty Foods Response

Nov 15, 2016 – HR Director

"A Night In the warehouse..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read many reviews, complaints and rants on here about everything....Here is my story.......Yes applying, interviewing took awhile. Yes you need to take a test and be prepared to work hard....I stand outside on the dock and i see people from all over the world. People of different religions, people that speak at least 2-3 languages and of course my favorite the different cultures. I see new hires watching the pickers work in this Ballet of Chaos...I see new pickers telling the new hires how they learned these skills at Baldor. People that needed a home and needed direction and opportunity. I know each of there names and they don't stop. For you to understand any place you visit you must reach out and these guys and gals help each other and provide support to a company that dedicates itself to its people and its clients. I know their stories, we had six new babies this year and I smile when these people enjoy work and their own lives because they maintain the energy and dedication it takes to thrive. We have Team Members that come to us homeless, starting over, new career so many lives so many stories. One by one the managers work with their teams and they don't stop till everything is done for Baldor and on a personal level. Baldor reaches out to the community, school supplies was my favorite...and tonight the guys are bringing in stuff to donate to the local schools...I know right now you may be wondering if Baldor is the place for you....I won't sell you on the details but I would like a correction....Baldor does care. It was founded and still maintained and owned by the same family. The spirit of that family is shared by every employee. The opportunities are here but your commitment must follow you. Your dedication must show no matter what the task. A night in the warehouse means you will see hard working people that share the same goal....you will see a sales team that makes sure we all have a job.You will find managers and supervisors doing the same jobs their teams are doing. Most of all you will find out that the Leaders of this company believe in you and in me. This may be cheese to you but we live in crazy times and i like know my future is not only in capable hands but also caring.

Cons

These are not cons for me but I think you should know a few things...This is a refrigerated warehouse which means its cold. Its a 24 hour operation so perfect for any schedule. Yes its hard work but moving up is a company mantra so just apply yourself. Don't be shy must people at Baldor have worked there at least 5 plus years and they still smile when they come in. Be on time and ready to work......

Advice to Management

The internet is the void for anyone and everyone. Your a great growing company that shows concern and gives support.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential for career advancement, Friendly environment, Hard working employees with a laid-back atmosphere

Cons

A lot of polarizing personalities in management.

9. "Food processor"

Former Employee - Food Inspector in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Food Inspector in Bronx, NY

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly area people are willing to help and show you the easy way to do your job. I will recommend it to another person. Pay is great

Cons

There is no fixed schedule, you leave when the production line is finished. There is a minimum of 12-hour shifts daily.

Advice to Management

More break time for long hours, increase temperature in work area, having more employees are the production line, and having a fix labor hours

Baldor Specialty Foods Response

Nov 15, 2016 – HR Director

Working long hours is often a side effect of an organization that is growing and expanding

"Baldor a Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Category Manager Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Category Manager Specialist in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from a culinary background the kitchen prepared me with all of the necessary skills I need in my current position. Working a job with more traditional hours makes home life much easier, but working here still keeps me on the cutting edge of the culinary industry, it’s the best of both worlds. Baldor is a family run business and you have access to upper management that is rarely seen in a business of this size. The president of the company shakes my hand every morning and is always available as a resource or to support me however he can.

Cons

Communication between departments is a constant challenge. it makes getting things done across departments difficult, but in my time here it has improved and i believe it will continue to.

Advice to Management

Keep the company moving in the same direction and the possibility for growth is endless. Today we're the best food distributor in the Northeast tomorrow the whole East Coast.

11. "great family feel, hard work for real men"

Pros

my dad worked there so i got alot of respect from ppl lol, maybe not earned but who cares

Cons

worked the fridge so it was very cold all the time lol

Advice to Management

keep up the good work