Baldor Specialty Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "bad"

Former Employee - Crew Leader in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Leader in Bronx, NY

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time

Pros

bad company, it's crazy ambiromen

Cons

I don't recommend? don't pay, not union.

2. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They value their employees. I started as a temp filing and after 2 weeks became a permanent employee. They were the only company to give me a chance with no work experience straight out of college. I have learned everything with on the job training and guidance from my manager. I am now a coordinator in my department and still growing and learning.

Cons

The free gym they have for employee's should be bigger.

3. "Yeah baby"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people
    Opportunity to advance
    Diversity of staff
    Great benefits especially in this industry
    If you're a foodie and want to meet the best chefs in the world this is your gig

Cons

Location in the Bronx is not ideal for commuting to.
    Need better training programs and direction from management. Be sure to get an accurate job description

4. "Food processor"

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods part-time

Pros

Good I enjoyed every minute of my time there

Cons

Nothing it was a place you will want to work

"Too intense"

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time

Pros

Break time. Some Nice people. Diversity is nice, get to meet many types of people. Cool food atmosphere with a lot cooking and cakes

Cons

Way too much work and responsibility for the pay. Most people hate it there except for the managers. Half the time people are talking bad about other people and the company. Deserved. People blast other people in emails to all, really embarrassing

Advice to Management

Get rid of that CEO Michael. He creates an intense atmosphere. He thinks he's playing around but most people are uncomfortable working for him and his antics

6. "Sales"

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential for career advancement, Friendly environment, Hard working employees with a laid-back atmosphere

Cons

A lot of polarizing personalities in management.

"A Night In the warehouse..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read many reviews, complaints and rants on here about everything....Here is my story.......Yes applying, interviewing took awhile. Yes you need to take a test and be prepared to work hard....I stand outside on the dock and i see people from all over the world. People of different religions, people that speak at least 2-3 languages and of course my favorite the different cultures. I see new hires watching the pickers work in this Ballet of Chaos...I see new pickers telling the new hires how they learned these skills at Baldor. People that needed a home and needed direction and opportunity. I know each of there names and they don't stop. For you to understand any place you visit you must reach out and these guys and gals help each other and provide support to a company that dedicates itself to its people and its clients. I know their stories, we had six new babies this year and I smile when these people enjoy work and their own lives because they maintain the energy and dedication it takes to thrive. We have Team Members that come to us homeless, starting over, new career so many lives so many stories. One by one the managers work with their teams and they don't stop till everything is done for Baldor and on a personal level. Baldor reaches out to the community, school supplies was my favorite...and tonight the guys are bringing in stuff to donate to the local schools...I know right now you may be wondering if Baldor is the place for you....I won't sell you on the details but I would like a correction....Baldor does care. It was founded and still maintained and owned by the same family. The spirit of that family is shared by every employee. The opportunities are here but your commitment must follow you. Your dedication must show no matter what the task. A night in the warehouse means you will see hard working people that share the same goal....you will see a sales team that makes sure we all have a job.You will find managers and supervisors doing the same jobs their teams are doing. Most of all you will find out that the Leaders of this company believe in you and in me. This may be cheese to you but we live in crazy times and i like know my future is not only in capable hands but also caring.

Cons

These are not cons for me but I think you should know a few things...This is a refrigerated warehouse which means its cold. Its a 24 hour operation so perfect for any schedule. Yes its hard work but moving up is a company mantra so just apply yourself. Don't be shy must people at Baldor have worked there at least 5 plus years and they still smile when they come in. Be on time and ready to work......

Advice to Management

The internet is the void for anyone and everyone. Your a great growing company that shows concern and gives support.

"Router"

Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

free medical insurance, matching up to a percentage of 401k contribution, profit sharing ,and a lot more. Many employees over 15 years

Cons

Long hours, always in need of employees

Advice to Management

Keep working as hard as they have been .

Baldor Specialty Foods Response

Nov 15, 2016 – HR Director

"Baldor a Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Category Manager Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Category Manager Specialist in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from a culinary background the kitchen prepared me with all of the necessary skills I need in my current position. Working a job with more traditional hours makes home life much easier, but working here still keeps me on the cutting edge of the culinary industry, it’s the best of both worlds. Baldor is a family run business and you have access to upper management that is rarely seen in a business of this size. The president of the company shakes my hand every morning and is always available as a resource or to support me however he can.

Cons

Communication between departments is a constant challenge. it makes getting things done across departments difficult, but in my time here it has improved and i believe it will continue to.

Advice to Management

Keep the company moving in the same direction and the possibility for growth is endless. Today we're the best food distributor in the Northeast tomorrow the whole East Coast.

"All negative reviews are correct when it comes to this company. If it's more than 3 stars, it's false."

Former Employee - Clerk in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Clerk in Bronx, NY

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package, 401k, some great people, parking....and I can't think of anything else.

Cons

People are lazy, inexperienced, poor management, poor communication, no advancement (fact), many people get fired or just quit, negative environment.

Advice to Management

It would be a wast of time to give ignorant people advice.

Baldor Specialty Foods Response

Nov 15, 2016 – HR Director

Baldor Specialty Foods promotes from within, we have many employees who have received promotions and many of them are leading departments today. We are proud of our long term employees as they are... More