Baldwin Wallace University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Baldwin Wallace Student Worker"

Former Employee - Student Worker in Berea, OH
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Berea, OH

Pros

This was a fantastic learning experience. Creative, fun environment lead by supportive staff. Leadership is strong. Great interactions with fell students, teachers, staff, and prospective students.

Cons

There were very minimal cons, Very positive job, great team! Audition days could get long and hectic, but were enjoyable meeting new people and eating free food!

Advice to Management

No advice at this time. Management carefully selected and cared for its students. Management was very supportive of the school schedule and helped students prioritize that most.

2. "Hit or miss"

Pros

Overload pay is a nice perk

Cons

Shifting priorities from students to research

3. "University Relations Student Writer"

I worked at Baldwin Wallace University part-time

Pros

They gave me so much help on how to develop my writing to make myself more marketable after graduation, were always extremely flexible with my schedule, and encouraged learning outside of my skillset.

Cons

Because it was only a part time position, the pay was minimum wage- however, I could have opted for an internship instead, so in the long run it was more money than I would have made as a n intern with just as many benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll continue to help students give great reviews and encourage others to come to BW.

5. "Employee"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Avon Lake, OH
    Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Avon Lake, OH

I have been working at Baldwin Wallace University part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring and supporting team.

Cons

Difficult to advance to a full time position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

6. "Great place to work but changes that are needed is slow to be made"

Pros

People, Flexibility, Home vs Work balance

Cons

People are resistant to change or are slow to change. Set in their ways Not too many opportunities for advancement in same department.

Advice to Management

Be a strong example on the importance of being proactive, up to date and not reactive

7. "All Around Great Place"

I worked at Baldwin Wallace University part-time

Pros

The community is top-notch - everyone is SO nice! Everyone is extremely supportive and willing to help with anything you need.

Cons

The people are what make this place fantastic, but it's still a non-profit educational setting, so pay doesn't quite match the private sector.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It's clear you are committed to high standards.

8. "Great university to work for"

Pros

Good Benefits, plenty of PTO, good working conditions, wonderful coworkers, family atmosphere, I really do enjoy going to work everyday

Cons

Pay is less than you may make elsewhere but the benefits (including tuition reimbursement) and PTO are hard to beat

9. "Great for student work"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Berea, OH
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Berea, OH

I worked at Baldwin Wallace University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, relaxed dress code, many learning opportunities

Cons

I don't have any cons

10. "Best place in the world to work."

Current Employee - Support Staff in Berea, OH
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Berea, OH

I have been working at Baldwin Wallace University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truly a community spirit. Coming to work is always a pleasure.

Cons

Pay is not fabulous, but with all the other benefits I wouldn't expect to earn more.

11. "Great people, great students, mediocre management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berea, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berea, OH

I have been working at Baldwin Wallace University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tuition remission and the tuition exchange program is great for current employees and most managers are flexible to let their staff take classes to for degree or non-degree seeking purposes. Other benefits aren't great.

The faculty and staff always put the student and their needs first.

Lots of great opportunities for faculty, staff and students to be engaged academically and in the community.

Cons

A lot of the big decisions are made by the higher-ups with request of little input from the folks on the front lines. Even middle managers get tired of fighting the decision makers. Also, faculty and administrative staff are territorial and resistant to change (probably because it's implemented without much feedback from those it affects), which can make it difficult to get things done.

Opportunity for advancement is low, as far as position openings are concerned.

Advice to Management

Set up procedures for implementing new processes. Request specific feedback from departments when affected by changes. Encourage cross-training between administrative offices to give full prospective training to staff and eliminate constant transferring of phone calls/ forwarding e-mails to the wrong departments. Give raises not only to the faculty but the administrative staff who are here YEAR ROUND and work just as hard for our students outside of the classroom.