Ball Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ball Corporation President, CEO, and Director John A. Hayes
John A. Hayes

Pros
Cons
  • long hours rotatating shifts lots of clicks among (in 3 reviews)

• Poor, almost non existant training plan for new employees and newly promoted emloyees (in 3 reviews)

1. "A rewarding experience with an abundance of training and Over Time."

Current Employee - Stacker in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Stacker in Canton, OH

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over time and experience are abundant here, and he availability to learn is only limited by your commitment. I personally log more ham twelve hours of OT a week, all spent in various positions outreaching into separate areas of experience.

Cons

I wouldn't have any complaints that particularly stick out in my mind that I couldn't or wouldn't say about every location of employment, regardless the company or position.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "It's very busy. Also, the cleanest working environment I have ever seen."

Current Employee - Coil Technician in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Coil Technician in Canton, OH

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outside of a fair and competitive wage it is definitely the people. Everyone from the top of the management teams to the ones that clean the break room treat each person with dignity and respect and make it a point to meet each new employee with a smile and a firm hand shake.

Cons

Haven't really been there long enough to label what I would foresee as a con. It seems like the training program may be a bit expedited but they more than doubled the facility size where I am at and need able and skilled bodies to produce the materials and parts.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your work force as you have me and the wheat will separate from the chaff. No complaints.

3. "Excellent Culture"

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time

Pros

The company has an outstanding culture and cares a lot about their employees

Cons

I do not have any.

"full time slave"

Current Employee - Stacker Packer in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Stacker Packer in Canton, OH

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay if you want to live there but other than that it is a sweat shop 12 hrs a day just dont cut it !!

Cons

hr is no help with anything ! Long hrs , management keeps screaming ,lack of training , i could go on and on

Advice to Management

your employees are NOT robots if you WANT robots than bring them in ! We NEED to spend time with our family and friends !!! 12 hrs a day is NOT A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT !!!!

"I had enough"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and decent benefits

Cons

Very Noisy, managers don't own up to their mistakes, they want you to work extra 12 hour days almost every week

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Ball Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

Slow moving to achieve change

7. "Great company"

Former Employee - Internship in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Internship in Saratoga Springs, NY

Pros

Ball pays interns great and the people are very good to work with. Everyone is willing to help you with any problem or concern.

Cons

Can be a bit over whelming at times. Certain days are extremely busy. Some parts of the plant are tough to work in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. I loved working with everyone. Management was extremely nice and treated everyone as equals

"Don't Be Blinded By High Pay"

Former Employee - Production Technician in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Conroe, TX

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is higher than average, some of the people are decent, you only work 4 on 4 off, benefits are alright, job is stable as long as you play by the rules and the plant doesn't randomly get shut down or lose it's contract

Cons

Management is terrible and won't listen to you even when you're completely upfront with them about your situation, upper management does not care about their employees, the plant gets extremely hot in the summer, co-workers start unnecessary drama, mandatory meetings on your days off, attendance points system (even if you're 2 minutes late because of traffic you get slapped for it), rotating days to nights shifts with sometimes very little time to change your sleep pattern, mandatory overtime that is not evenly distributed amongst the crew, the slightest mistakes get you in trouble, and I was subjected to multiple conferences in an office where I was talked down to and made to feel like I needed to quit my job.

Advice to Management

Stop requiring your employees to attend meetings on their days off that you could incorporate into their work schedule. Ease up on your attendance policy, 4 points for a missed meeting on someones day off is ridiculous. When an employee is completely open and honest with you about their situation, maybe you should appreciate that and take that into consideration instead of dismissing it. Talking down to employees, especially females, is eventually going to get someone, or possibly the company, in legal trouble. Stop blaming employees for things that are out of their control. And lastly, take care of your employees who don't get to sit in an air conditioned office all day.

9. "Millwright"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hagerhill, KY
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hagerhill, KY

I worked at Ball Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and decent salary

Cons

Downsizing is hurting many devoted employees

Advice to Management

Need to appreciate employees devotion

"Monticello is going down the drain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary but they only pay that because no one would work there for less and put up with what is going on in Monticello.

Cons

Management seems to be made up of the slackers and brown nosers that worked the floor. Poor, almost non existant training plan for new employees and newly promoted emloyees. Upper management performs smoke and mirror show to make employee opinions seem valued when really they're not. To me management should discipline AND back their employees when needed but that's not the case. They try to stab you in the back any chance they get. Supervisors lie to the employees. VP has been to Monticello multiple times this year and blamed the poor plant performance on management and not the hourly employees but still no action has been taken to fix this. Management continues to run the plant into the ground. Employee morale is at an all time low. High percentage of hourly employees have an I don't care attitude. Cost of benefits to the employee rises as benefits go down. Rotating shifts every 4 months. Lots of OT whether you want it or not.

Advice to Management

My advice to management at the corporate level is to come in and clean house. Your management is inexperienced and its affecting the overall performance of the plant. There is no real leadership whatsoever. The issues begin at the top. There's a reason the place is running badly and why employees aren't coming to work. What used to be an enjoyable place to work is not anymore.