Ball Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Ball Corporation President, CEO, and Director John A. Hayes
John A. Hayes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They say work life balance but really there is none (in 3 reviews)

• rotating shifts and mandatory overtime and working up to 16 hour days (in 4 reviews)

1. "No Need Apply"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, Health Benefits, Pension and retirement

Cons

Plant closing in June 2018, FMLA was abused rampantly by union workforce with what was thought to be without repercussions...guess they were wrong.

Advice to Management

Reopen plant after 2 years without union. Plant has potential to thrive in a different work mentality, in my opinion.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very finance-oriented organization. Everything is about EVA and ROI.

Cons

Very old school management.

"Benedict Arnold Ball."

Former Employee - Indentured Servant in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Indentured Servant in Canton, OH

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like being lied to or spending a lot of time brown nosing you will find a spot. If you have a back bone you will not. And they got one star only because I had to show something there. Believe me, they are all zeroes.

Cons

Dishonesty, mismanagement, people really thinking they are something when they are nothing more than peons, very bad health plan for a company so large, probably the most uninformed group of bad management that is ruining a plant. They have no clue about the machinery they just spent millions on for sheets. Pure dingbats.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way. You're dead weight. And very dishonest.

"DO NOT APPLY!!"

Former Employee - D&I Maintainer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - D&I Maintainer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, and they have benefits. For me it was close to home.

Cons

Health care plan is terrible very high deductible and very high co-pays, extremely hot inside factory. Management is two faced. And they will hire you on as cheap labor during your (probationary) period which is three times longer than anywhere else, and just as soon as that's almost up, they let you go saying, " it's just not a good fit" no matter how great you are doing. I left a great job to go there, and I really made a huge mistake! My advise is to steer clear of this company and their fake promises.

Advice to Management

Stop and think about someone other than yourselves! You are literally ruining peoples lives by luring them in with all your big talk and then hanging them out to dry. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

"corporate managemt gas no integrity"

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time

Pros

Great people and good processes

Cons

Management lies treats it like a swear shop and heads no integrity. They would rather move there accounting process to another country.

Advice to Management

They are not An American corporation they are out for the person that controls the money

"full time slave"

Current Employee - Stacker Packer in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Stacker Packer in Canton, OH

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay if you want to live there but other than that it is a sweat shop 12 hrs a day just dont cut it !!

Cons

hr is no help with anything ! Long hrs , management keeps screaming ,lack of training , i could go on and on

Advice to Management

your employees are NOT robots if you WANT robots than bring them in ! We NEED to spend time with our family and friends !!! 12 hrs a day is NOT A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT !!!!

"Accounting AP"

Current Contractor - Supervisor in Westminster, CO
    Current Contractor - Supervisor in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Ball Corporation as a contractor

Pros

The employees in AP are fantastic!

Cons

Management are VERY poor communicators and do not have integrity. They are dishonest and call out of work every other Monday or Friday. Very unprofessional environment. Contractors are treated very badly. One person in department who will yell at people, spread rumors ect...the company protects her albiet most of the department has been to HR.

Advice to Management

No point. Management is too egocentric to take advice.

"Don't Be Blinded By High Pay"

Former Employee - Production Technician in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Conroe, TX

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is higher than average, some of the people are decent, you only work 4 on 4 off, benefits are alright, job is stable as long as you play by the rules and the plant doesn't randomly get shut down or lose it's contract

Cons

Management is terrible and won't listen to you even when you're completely upfront with them about your situation, upper management does not care about their employees, the plant gets extremely hot in the summer, co-workers start unnecessary drama, mandatory meetings on your days off, attendance points system (even if you're 2 minutes late because of traffic you get slapped for it), rotating days to nights shifts with sometimes very little time to change your sleep pattern, mandatory overtime that is not evenly distributed amongst the crew, the slightest mistakes get you in trouble, and I was subjected to multiple conferences in an office where I was talked down to and made to feel like I needed to quit my job.

Advice to Management

Stop requiring your employees to attend meetings on their days off that you could incorporate into their work schedule. Ease up on your attendance policy, 4 points for a missed meeting on someones day off is ridiculous. When an employee is completely open and honest with you about their situation, maybe you should appreciate that and take that into consideration instead of dismissing it. Talking down to employees, especially females, is eventually going to get someone, or possibly the company, in legal trouble. Stop blaming employees for things that are out of their control. And lastly, take care of your employees who don't get to sit in an air conditioned office all day.

"Monticello is going down the drain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary but they only pay that because no one would work there for less and put up with what is going on in Monticello.

Cons

Management seems to be made up of the slackers and brown nosers that worked the floor. Poor, almost non existant training plan for new employees and newly promoted emloyees. Upper management performs smoke and mirror show to make employee opinions seem valued when really they're not. To me management should discipline AND back their employees when needed but that's not the case. They try to stab you in the back any chance they get. Supervisors lie to the employees. VP has been to Monticello multiple times this year and blamed the poor plant performance on management and not the hourly employees but still no action has been taken to fix this. Management continues to run the plant into the ground. Employee morale is at an all time low. High percentage of hourly employees have an I don't care attitude. Cost of benefits to the employee rises as benefits go down. Rotating shifts every 4 months. Lots of OT whether you want it or not.

Advice to Management

My advice to management at the corporate level is to come in and clean house. Your management is inexperienced and its affecting the overall performance of the plant. There is no real leadership whatsoever. The issues begin at the top. There's a reason the place is running badly and why employees aren't coming to work. What used to be an enjoyable place to work is not anymore.

"Plant closing"

Current Employee - Oven Unloader in Weirton, WV
    Current Employee - Oven Unloader in Weirton, WV

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable paycheck. Besides that there really isn't too much. Mismanaged. Very anti union. In fact we were the last one in the company.

Cons

They used up their 10 years tax free and now they're closing up shop and moving. They've also hired people knowing they were bound to close. Preach safety but desire production.