KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Balsam Brands

Engaged Employer

Balsam Brands

Add a Review

Balsam Brands Employee Reviews about "balsam"

Updated Aug 6, 2021

Found 5 of over 63 reviews

4.1
Balsam Brands CEO Thomas Harman
Thomas Harman

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "balsam"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mac is the best leader I've ever worked with

Jun 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture. The company puts a strong emphasis on friendship with your coworkers. There's a plethora of opportunities to get to know the people you work with, even with the office locations being separated. Everyone in the company seems to be extremely smart and driven. People work hard but at the same time are very chill and understanding. By far the best part of working for Balsam is Mac Harmon. He's an incredible leader and leads by example, he puts a lot of trust in his employees and genuinely cares about them. I've never met a more charismatic people person in my life.

Cons

Part of the extremely smart and driven side is stubbornness. Because they've analyzed the situation or have a good sense of the idea, many individuals seem to not want to accept other solutions. Mac seems to be handing off the reins more and more; this is obviously necessary because of the size/growth of Balsam, but it seems to be hurting the company. It feels as though maybe he's focusing on the wrong parts as a leader.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Mar 2, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly supportive work environment, awesome location, valuable experience, and Caltrain accessible.

Cons

The design work was pretty repetitive, currently difficult to land a full-time design job at Balsam.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Life-Work Balance

Aug 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A perfect balance between a fun company culture, and a devoted team striving to succeed every day. I believe the most important thing in a job is to enjoy going to work, at Balsam Brands I have enjoyed each and every day. Great company benefits and a focus on personal development.

Cons

The growing pains of a start up company are no longer, as Balsam Brands is making a name for itself. The adjustment to make is working for a company with high seasonality.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Caring, hardworking environment

May 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive work experience during my time at Balsam. I have had the privilege to know the team for a very long time and the culture of the company continues to stay the same. Everyone here truly enjoys working with each other. The CEO, Thomas Harman has a great heart and cares about all of his employees. We can feel this everyday when we come to work!

Cons

Overall benefits are great, however, in comparison to other big companies in the Bay Area, Balsam does not provide certain things such as: free food, cash bonuses.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent environment to work in and it's diverse and the company makes sure that its employees are well taken care of.

Cons

There are a lot of good things that I can say about Balsam but if there's one thing that needs to be improve is salary increase rate of employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful