Baltimore County Public Schools Reviews
41% would recommend to a friend
(496 total reviews)
Dr. Darryl Williams
22% approve of CEO
Found 496 of over 540 reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is low and the class sizes are large." (in 31 reviews)
- "I had excellent leadership at my school." (in 7 reviews)
- "Poor communication" (in 7 reviews)
- "there is no work life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "Lacking salary compared to surrounding systems, disconnected central management, uninformed school board + superintendent." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Baltimore County Public Schools and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Support StaffCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearTowson, MD
The children are great, and the people in the school system are top-notch.
No benefits for part-time employees
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Science TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBaltimore, MD
Health insurance, PTO, consistency day to day
No support from admin, lower pay than some other counties
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMiddle River, MD
Lots of opportunities to further your education Paid time off Summers off
Too many students per class Lots of student behavioral issues
- 1.0Nov 28, 2023Human Resources StaffingCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearTowson, MD
Please don't waste your time
You won't be told until after you're hired that you have no choice but to pay 7% for the retirement plan off the top. Unless you are 55 and older1
- 3.0Nov 9, 2023EducatorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsBaltimore, MD
Great health benefits and support in professional growth
Huge disconnect between central office and the reality of the everyday life for school based personnel.
Baltimore County Public Schools Reviews FAQs
Baltimore County Public Schools has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 540 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Baltimore County Public Schools to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.
41% of Baltimore County Public Schools employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Baltimore County Public Schools 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.