BambooHR Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2020

4.5
BambooHR Chief Executive Officer Brad Rencher
Brad Rencher
Pros
  • "The work is challenging but the reward of a healthy work/life balance is worth it(in 50 reviews)

• "I especially love the 'Paid Paid Vacation' benefit that is allowing me to take my family to Disneyland this year(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "None that I can really point to specific, nowhere is perfect, but Bamboo is pretty dang close(in 20 reviews)

• "Growth brings communication growing pains when working across teams(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Better than advertised"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Leadership is outstanding. I've never enjoyed working for anyone more than I do for this group. The executives are exceptionally good people who genuinely strive to do the right thing - Growth has been non-stop for the many years I've been here, and there are always opportunities to grow and take on more - Coworkers are diverse in many ways but share commitment to our common values. There is a great sense of belonging here and ramp time to contribution is short. - The company is smart financially which means stability, but it also means there are resources to do your job. You're not expected to do something with nothing. If you can make a good case for your objective, you can get the resources to make it happen. - HR software might not sound super exciting, but we're changing the way people work across tens of thousands of companies and work cultures. It's making a difference.

Cons

- Rapid growth means constant change. If you don't like change, this isn't the place for you. - Process and organizational efficiency is improving rapidly, but the start-up roots run deep. You need patience and resilience to weather the frustrations that inevitably come with growing pains - There are certainly imperfections ranging from bad processes to inexperienced managers to flat out mis-hires, but nothing a little resilience, grit, and determination can't overcome. When there are problems, they're not swept under the rug and ignored. There's a culture that supports constructive feedback and change for the better.

April 15, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We couldn't have said it better ourselves! We're so glad that Bamboo is the right place for YOU and that you’re recognizing all of the cool things happening here. Thanks for also being real about the challenges you’re seeing and for being honest about your concerns as we scale. We 100% agree - the values are key to the culture you’ll find at BambooHR. Thanks for highlighting that. We promise that we don’t take that lightly! These values have been and always will stay our core focus, even as we grow. We’ll continue to do our best in ensuring that! We can tell you embody what it means to be a Bambooligan simply by the amount of thoughtfulness and care you put into your feedback. Thanks for being patient with us and for contributing to the Bamboo culture! Keep on keepin' on!

2. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture here is the best I've seen anywhere. They do expect you to work hard, which is nice. They give you the proper tools to accomplish your job.

Cons

It's not a super flexible job time-wise (they expect you to work 40 hrs/week) and I get the feeling that it's a company-wide thing whether salaried or hourly. But requesting 2 hrs here and a day there is never an issue. Plenty of people take off for days/weeks at a time. I've always got the time off I've needed.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for being here and for contributing to such a positive culture! There definitely is an expectation to come, work hard, and make every minute count. Our mission is to set people free to do great work, and your hardworking efforts help us do just that.

3. COVID-19

"They took care of me when i needed them"

Current Employee - SDR in Orem, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Right as Covid-19 broke out I broke my leg. It would have been an easy excuse for them to let me go because of my reduced ability to make it into work and the global economic dip. I had to take time off for surgery and recovery. Instead, they were compassionate and understanding. That doesn't happen often in today's business world. I'm grateful to work at a company that cares.

Cons

The office feels generic in a rather nondescript building.

4. "Don’t work here!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Lindon, UT

I worked at BambooHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet some good people, good energy at first.

Cons

Pay sucks! No it’s and’s or but’s about it. Even with good experience they pay you crap but say they’ll make up for it in other ways. It’s basically that you’re under paid and micro managed to the hilt. It’s insane! I’m training you don’t even feel like you can take a bathroom break without getting talked to about it.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi there! We're disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We care about every employee's experience, which is why we have such a thorough training program. It's important to us that our employees are successful. Though it's a detailed program, based on the feedback we've received, it has prepared our employees with the tools and knowledge that they need to be successful in the role. In regards to compensation, we know it's an important factor to consider when looking at a new job. We try to be as transparent as possible throughout the hiring process so that candidates can pick the right fit for them. We would never want to put someone in a position that isn't right for them. We genuinely wish you the best and hope you find the role that you're looking for!

5. "LOVE BambooHR"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

They truly care about you as an individual and help you to become free to do great work.

Cons

I haven't come across any yet but will let you know as soon as I do.

6. COVID-19

"Even During a Pandemic!"

Current Employee - Customer Education Specialist in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is one of hard work and well earned play. We are open and honest in our communication and leadership welcomes suggestions for improvements. Monthly all employee meetings ensure the company is transparent with their staff and we know how the company is doing. Executive staff is visible and communicate weekly with employees through SoapBox video messages. Disney Circle for those who want it, to monitor family's time on internet. 401(k) and HSA match! and my favorite...Paid Paid Vacation!!

Cons

It is still a new company, so processes are being established. There is a need for company wide access to the same resources instead of individualized department resources. Health/dental benefits are low cost for employees, but could be more robust in coverage. No tuition reimbursement for continuing education.

7. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere and lots of opportunities to learn and grow. The managers are all in and spend a lot of time helping you fine tune your process and want you to succeed. I have been on a few different teams and have felt this with each manager.

Cons

There is a lot of competition and very solid reps on the floor. If you are not in to constantly learning, growing, or applying what your manager has taught you, it will be hard to keep up.

May 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. And truly, thanks for being here! We're thrilled to hear of the positive influence your managers have had on you and appreciate your desire to be all in, especially during this work from home time. We hope you're staying safe and healthy and can't wait until we're all in the office together again. Happy Bambooing!

8. "Great culture and people"

Current Employee - Customer Support Hero in Lindon, UT

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

best culture and great people. Lots of fun and very professional

Cons

No downsides or cons that I can think of

9. "There's no smoke and mirrors - it really is that good."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at BambooHR full-time

Pros

The company culture is at the root of everything at BambooHR. Not only does the company live by their values, but the employees strive to as well. This creates a collaborative team effort within the company, even across teams. Imagine a place where there is transparency across the company, everyone is open and assumes the best, everyone is striving to do the right thing, you are encouraged to lead from where you are (everyone has something to contribute), and you are enabled to grow from good to great. Not to mention the company genuinely cares about your quality of life (both inside and outside of work). I know it sounds far fetched, but it actually does exist.

Cons

Sure there are little things here and there (nobody is perfect), but in the big picture I really have no complaints.

Continue reading
  10. "I'm so grateful to Bamboo!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Hero

I have been working at BambooHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture/values, dedicated team, strives to truly help clients and employees be the best they can be

Cons

None that I can really point to specific, nowhere is perfect, but Bamboo is pretty dang close!

Found 219 reviews