BambooHR Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

4.6
BambooHR Chief Executive Officer Brad Rencher
Brad Rencher
Pros
  • "The work is challenging but the reward of a healthy work/life balance is worth it(in 53 reviews)

• "Paid Paid Vacation is an amazing perk(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None that I can really point to specific, nowhere is perfect, but Bamboo is pretty dang close(in 20 reviews)

• "Growth brings communication growing pains when working across teams(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Even During a Pandemic!

May 29, 2020 - Customer Education Specialist in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is one of hard work and well earned play. We are open and honest in our communication and leadership welcomes suggestions for improvements. Monthly all employee meetings ensure the company is transparent with their staff and we know how the company is doing. Executive staff is visible and communicate weekly with employees through SoapBox video messages. Disney Circle for those who want it, to monitor family's time on internet. 401(k) and HSA match! and my favorite...Paid Paid Vacation!!

Cons

It is still a new company, so processes are being established. There is a need for company wide access to the same resources instead of individualized department resources. Health/dental benefits are low cost for employees, but could be more robust in coverage. No tuition reimbursement for continuing education.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company in the World!

May 7, 2021 - Human Resources Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, happy, amazing benefits, great people!

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Job I've Ever Had

Apr 29, 2021 - Demand Generation Specialist in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fantastic people, and unmatched work/life balance. This is by far the best work position I've had in my career, and it is due to the heavy focus on employee experience.

Cons

Aggressive growth makes for ever changing goals, KPIs, and plans. This can be fun to be a part of and watch yourself and the business grow, but also sometimes makes you feel like the work you do is not enough, as each step gets replaced immediately with a larger ask.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honestly the best company I have ever worked for

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior SDR in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their employees. From the leadership at the very top all the way down to middle management; everyone cares about making it a great place to work. Benefits are amazing and actually help your life (not just perks)

Cons

Compared to other tech companies, the pay can be a little less competitive. But I think it's made up for with their amazing benefits

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The company is different... in a good way.

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about the employees. The want you to be the best you can be and have your back. I feel appreciated and are motivated to make the company succeed because they want me to succeed.

Cons

They expect excellence. This is not a con unless you don't want to demonstrate excellence.

6. 5.0

Awesome.

Apr 6, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone cares about you. BambooHR cares about doing the right thing, giving your all, and being kind and respectful to your coworkers, customers, etc. It is overall a very positive feeling here at BambooHR. The focus on work-life balance is amazing and the paid-paid vacation is great.

Cons

Considering that it is still a full-time job, it is awesome, and I love talking to and being with my coworkers even if that's just via zoom.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 21, 2021 - Account Executive in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Take an interest in their employees and their needs with every decision they make

Cons

Salespeople don't get to take much time off, as they don't account for time off when figuring goals for the month

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!!

Apr 6, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, values, benefits, goals/vision

Cons

I really don't have too many cons. I do feel like they pay a little less than other SDR positions in the area, but the benefits and work out ways that for me.

9. 5.0

Best Job Ever

Mar 30, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits. Leadership that actually cares about you and your family. A good culture, values, and mission statement. A company that will actually do everything they can to help you grow. HIGHLY recommended.

Cons

None- I mean, there is high expectations and you are expected to work. But you are encouraged and helped along the way and they are definitely reasonable.

BambooHR Response

Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad to hear that you also value a lot of the same things we do! Work life balance, benefits that matter, and leaders that care are all things that we take seriously over here. We definitely have high expectations for all Bambooligans but will always do what we can to help them succeed. At the end of the day, our culture is what it is because of each team member who adds to it every day, so thanks so much for being a part of that! If you ever have suggestions for things in the future, never hesitate to speak up! Thanks again for being here! And happy bambooing!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Truly Exceptional Company

Oct 7, 2020 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

BambooHR is a company that really practices what they preach. We focus heavily on the values and mission and strive to get better every day. The environment is very happy, welcoming, and friendly. The people are incredible! I love everyone I get to work with! The product is amazing and our teams are constantly working towards making it every better. I feel valued by my team, and know the work I put in makes a difference. Best place I've worked!

Cons

As of late - focus has shifted a lot and everything feels more about the bottom line. Overall, this isn't a bad thing at all! I'm glad there are focuses around efficiencies and growth, and of course, change is going to come with some stretching. BUT - when those focuses start to strip away everything that makes us love BambooHR... when really dedicated people who have always raved about BambooHR are starting to disengage and are toying with the idea of leaving.. that should be a big red flag for management. Leadership changed, and pieces throughout the entire org are lesser for it.

3 people found this review helpful

BambooHR Response

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We agree - our values and our people are key to our success and are so grateful for their hard work - especially during these last 7 months! We understand that the last year has been difficult for many of our employees as we’ve experienced some changes together, along with the move to remote work and stresses of COVID-19. We hope you know that we’ve kept our people and your well being at the forefront of our thoughts as we’ve made difficult decisions. We appreciate your insight about the impact of leadership changes and can assure you that our goal is not to change what makes us BambooHR! In fact, the opposite is true. We ask for your patience because we truly believe great things are possible for Bamboo if we can work together. We hope you’re talking about these concerns with the right people and that you’re being patient with them as well. At the end of the day, we’re all just trying to do our best as we learn and grow together. Thanks for being part of the journey!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 288 Reviews