KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Despite the crazy growth BambooHR has made it a priority to maintain its great culture.(in 86 reviews)
  • "The benefits are great.(in 56 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and learn from(in 47 reviews)
  • "The people are what makes BambooHR and the work life balance was great.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Really focused on maintaining a great company culture.(in 19 reviews)
Cons
  • "The company is seeing increased rates of turnover, all citing low pay as their reason for leaving.(in 18 reviews)
  • "I would also like to see some more emphasis on formalized training plans tailored to the employee and aligned with the company's goals.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Salary is a little low for this type of position(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BambooHR and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Fantastic Company

May 24, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They preach what they build. Great product and a great place to work!

Cons

It is a growing company so there are some struggles as teams and departments continue to grow.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Below Average Pay for an Average Job

May 17, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People work at BambooHR including some friends that will be considered "life-long". Great Starting point if you're just getting into tech. Do a good job at teaching repeatable sales skills. Good Benefit Coverage

Cons

Monthly Sales Quota equates to so much volatility, stress and unnecessary anxiety. Since moving to a new SaaS company, I have never felt more liberated. VP of Sales has no true insight to company culture within the Sales Department. Managers get promoted and stay there but there's no soft skill development. By nature of having a monthly quota, things can turn cut throat and they seem to throw out performance improvement plans left and right (luckily never had to deal with that). The Success planning for who becomes the next manager is whoever's next on "the list" and never really off of performing indicators, EQ or soft skills. Pretty clique-y ... Product has digressed immensely in the last 5 years. No big advancements and lack of willingness to take on outside funding equates to lagging product innovation. It has taken several years for them to combine both their HRIS and Payroll products. You're selling to SMB which means SMB money. Doesn't help that the company is extremely cheap and conservative. Really not a product meant for companies over 250 employees. The commission and comp structure has changed a lot and is still super wacky within sales.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

BambooHR sets people free to do great work

May 18, 2022 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company does an amazing job of living their own values (Enjoy Quality of Life, Grow from Good to Great, Be Open, Assume the Best, Do the Right Thing, Lead from Where You Are, and Make it Count). The employees are kind and helpful and have a great team mentality and look out for one another. The interview process was well orchestrated. I was provided with all of the tools I need to be successful. The management team is open and willing to have candid conversations. I was provided with a flexible office schedule that allows me to limit my drive time during the week.

Cons

HQ is over an hour away, but working for this company is worth the drive.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It doesn’t get better than Bamboo

Mar 1, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The leadership really does care about doing the right thing. -They have values and stick to them!! I can’t tell you how many times the values were brought up in conversations with so many different people! It was natural for it to come up because everyone really tried to live them! -They care about your success! If you’re willing to put in the work, they will give you the feedback, support, and tools to do your best work and to grow - not only as an employee, but as an individual. -The People!! Be prepared to love going to work because your coworkers might become your best friends. -Benefits that matter. I’ve never worked for a company that was SO thoughtful about the benefits they offered. Every single benefit was selected with the employees’ long term interest and quality of life in mind.

Cons

Change is a constant! Which is a good thing. They’re growing rapidly and exciting things are coming. If you’re not ready to work hard and be flexible to change, I don’t think you’ll be happy here. They’ll also expect you to have the hard conversations! If you see a problem, be prepared to think of solutions and address the problem rather than just complain. If you complain to a manager, they’ll encourage you to have that tough conversation with the person or situation you’re complaining about. Super uncomfortable for me at first, but I learned how to have crucial conversations and how to be open. It got me out of my comfort zone and I learned a skill I’ll forever be grateful for.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy to Be a Bambooligan!

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love working here! Love the culture and people. From the top-down people truly care about you and want you to succeed. Personally as well professionally. My last job saw the worst in me. Management here see's the best in me and my potential. I'm truly a better human for working here. I've also had some wonderful career growth opportunities. If you want to grow into a position they help you get there. The CEO takes time to meet with people. He has breakfast throughout the year with each team. This year he set various times throughout Employee Week for employees to meet with him in addition to that. It was great! He takes time to get to know people and learn from them. As a whole, the company is very deliberate about what they do. They don't just do something to look cool on social media. They have a strong why behind what they do and it's very people-centered.

Cons

Very hard to think of any.

6. 5.0

Good Work Worth Doing

Jan 27, 2022 - Data Engineer in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture permeates every department that I have interfaced with. While I don't always agree with all of my coworkers, I can depend on them to live the values BambooHR promotes and we always come together for the best solution. The company mission is inspiring, the pay is competitive, the company outlook is great, and there is real work to be done.

Cons

There are growing pains, particularly in engineering type roles. The company is growing rapidly and processes need to scale in a way that people haven't seen here yet. There are definitely people who aren't understanding that yet who push back in very short-sighted ways. There may even be some technical debt in specific cases.

7. 4.0

Great culture, mediocre pay

May 19, 2022 - Human Resources Project Manager in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, exciting work, work from home.

Cons

Pay is below average, management picks favorites

8. 2.0

Bait and Switch

Apr 4, 2022 - Account Executive II in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

BambooHR is a great company as a whole, the culture is great, they utilize this to get people onto the sales floor. Great people to work with. Tons of talented hires.

Cons

The “OTE” numbers are a way to get you in the door. New hires are very soon disappointed that they won’t make anything near the number promised. 25-30% of the floor hits goal. There’s a minimum set monthly that you have to hit to make any commission. The only people hitting goal consistently have been around for 3+ years when leads were more plentiful and have consultants handing them leads. 95% of the sales floor has been here under a year, there is no retention. People are quitting like crazy but they will fill your spot with 4 new hires immediately.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 5, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great and the software sells its self. The benefits are amazing and they give you the ability to go on vacation and work from home.

Cons

They make changes to things without input from the customer facing roles. With moving up in the comapny, they dont have a method of training the people who want manager positions to make them ready when the position opens. They just have you apply.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

There is a saying at Bamboo “if you’re not in sales it’s a great company”

May 2, 2022 - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote is an option and good benefits

Cons

• if you are tenured you will be fed good leads (favoritism) • bad compensation structure compared to Utah sales organizations • unstable markets depending on the season • training is by far the worst training I’ve experienced at a company. The trainer quit and the sales enablement trainer quit. •HR company that doesn’t actually utilize what they sell. •Product is not the best on the market, hard to believe in it. • Company is about culture but when you take time off your manager says to bring your computer and work.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 408 Reviews

BambooHR Reviews FAQs

BambooHR has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 416 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at BambooHR to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BambooHR employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BambooHR. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

87% of BambooHR employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BambooHR 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BambooHR to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with BambooHR Job Seekers