BancTec Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Reynolds

Pros
  • Work life balance, casual dress code, occasional company lunches (in 3 reviews)

• u get to learn experience in excel digital imaging and spread sheets data entry and invoices mail sorting and printing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Although, there were many good people that I worked with (in 4 reviews)

1. "Senior Unix Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at BancTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always liked working there, and they spared no expense sending me to for many more certifications. The money was good and benefits were also. I had a really good manager and the supervisor was pretty nice.

Cons

Some of the employees thought that they knew everything and were complete arrogant jerks! Although, there were many good people that I worked with.

"Is this a company or a high school?"

Current Employee - Indexer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Indexer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at BancTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only thing good at this company is the experience your getting from the job you're doing

Cons

Banctec wants you to dedicate your whole entire life to them. Gossiping older women, lying supervisor, no teamwork, organization, work ethic, or RESPECT.

Advice to Management

Give credit to where is due for people doing your dirty work. And stop lying on people.

3. "Data Entry Clerk"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in El Paso, TX

I worked at BancTec (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a opportunity to get new experience as Data Entry Clerk.

Cons

Unbalance working and couldn't work in very good condition. I think it is my health reasons.

Advice to Management

Give advice to work different kind of variety duties.

5. "Accounting Specialist I"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist I in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist I in Columbus, GA

I have been working at BancTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays bills occasionally. Sometimes there are opportunities for overtime, but this is balanced out against times where you are sent home early, so mostly you end up back where you started (if not under 40 hours). Also, I've never been sexually harassed here.

Cons

Just about zero opportunities for advancement. A single pay raise was given as compensation for a grievous "clerical error" that resulted in the entire worksite's internet bill not being paid where employees had to relocate to AFLAC's main HQ to be able to do their work for about three entire months. Supervisors and management are extremely uninterested in growing and developing their employees or giving constructive feedback - actually, they're hardly interested in anything other than themselves and getting out of work early on Fridays (they're salaried, so the loss in hours doesn't affect them). Interaction with employees is limited to a few passive-aggressive e-mails sent to the entire department each day.

Advice to Management

I have literally never seen anyone so uninterested in the other people they work with every day in my life. I can't imagine how they find their work fulfilling in any type of way. My advice? They should quit and get a job at one of the fast food chains they are so often suggesting employees can work at as alternative - maybe they can then develop some basic sense of connection to others over time.

6. "Sr. Production Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Production Manager Production Manager Customer Service Manager in Montgomery, IL

I have been working at BancTec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you want to be involved in every division, department and take ownership for the entire client experience this is the place to be.

Cons

Merger and Transitional plans are not comprehensive nor are they adequate when they are utilized. Processes and procedures change very fast and poor and nonexistent communication is a major inhibitor to keeping up with decisions made by people throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

Consistent, frequent uniform communication needs to be established. Roles and accountabilities need to be defined as well as accountability for those roles. Define the organization. Key roles should have a backup. Lastly the everybody is responsible mentality has become everybody is responsible, somebody will take care of it and then nobody does.

7. "Document Specialist"

Former Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BancTec (More than a year)

Pros

Great supervisor, enough work for everyone to do

Cons

Working overnight and coworkers not helping the team,

8. "CHEAPEST COMPANY EVER"

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Irving, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NONE AVAILABLE DUE TO POOR MANAGEMENT!!!

Cons

This company is horrible including management, benefits, and associates.

Advice to Management

Raises would be appropriate at some point!!! I was with the company 4-1/2 years and received a 30 CENT raise within this time frame. I performed "Lead" as well as "Supervisory" responsibilities and no type of appreciation from anyone. They treat their employees as prisoners and this is inappropriate mannerism. I'd NEVER in a million years recommend this company to ANYONE. Well performed work goes unnoticed, even though the work in BPO/IPP is time based.

9. "Not the greatest place"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Addison, IL

Pros

Work life balance, casual dress code, occasional company lunches

Cons

No room for advancement, low employee morale, business was slow

Advice to Management

Create a better work environment

"Documents Clerk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at BancTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least you get a paycheck

Cons

This company expects you to dedicate your life to them with little return for your dedication. I was hired through a temp agency, upon being hired on to Banctec permanently, we were supposed to get a raise, Banctec waited until after we were hired on to tell us they were not giving us a raise. The company engages in a shady and unethical practice called "forecasting", where they forecast hours on your paycheck when you are initially hired so that you fall in line with their pay period. For example, if you are hired on a week into the pay period, they will forecast 40 hours on to your paycheck so that you accumulate a full 80 hours on your next paycheck, they take those hours back when you depart from the company. If you decide to work for this company, I strongly advise that you get something in writing regarding how many hours you were forecasted. I was forecasted 40 hours when I was hired on and THEY TOOK BACK 80! That's right, they CHEATED me out of an entire week's work of pay! I am not the only employee they did this to upon departure from the company. In addition to the awful pay, you have no room to move up or be promoted within this company- I have witnessed other employees dedicate their valuable time and work their behinds off for this company only to be taken advantage of. Banctec then insinuated that they would be implementing an incentive program, where you will be compensated on the efficiency of your performance- LIES! - this never happened. I saw a review from a fellow employee I used to work with suggesting that there is a great deal of "woman drama"; believe me when I say that the few men who work there are not immune to this "woman drama". The work environment, regardless of gender, is hostile and reminiscent of high school. On top of having little to no organization within the upper echelons of the company, management talks down to their subordinates in the most unprofessional manner, office morale is extremely low and you do not feel valued as an employee. This company has a high turnover rate because they refuse to do right by their employees, leaving this company has been one of the most liberating things I have done in a while.

Advice to Management

Pay more due respect to employees, get better structure

11. "processing clerk"

Current Employee - Processing Clerd in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Processing Clerd in Norcross, GA

I have been working at BancTec part-time (More than a year)

Pros

ok sometimes most of the times its woman drama

Cons

could be better without so much woman drama

Advice to Management

need educational managers