BancVue Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BancVue CEO Gabriel Krajicek
Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Unlimited Vacation (That means we have a great work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Great culture, great management, fantastic employees (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a work life balance in the sense that when life happens you have time to take care of it, but the same thing with work (in 7 reviews)

• It was mostly due to growing pains and the state of the company at the time I think (in 6 reviews)

1. "Getting paid to have fun"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed place to work
    Some of the coolest people I've ever worked with
    Free food/drinks in the breakroom

Cons

So many fun things to do, so little time to do them in.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keeping on. I wouldn't change anything about how things are done.

Mar 4, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

2. "Good company and good people"

Pros

great benefits and competitive pay.

Cons

they take the whole culture thing a little far

3. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Development Specialist in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Client Development Specialist in Christiansburg, VA

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Energetic Work Environment
    Management Actually Listens
    Generous Salary
    Great Benefits

Cons

There are no cons. Best employer I have ever had!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys ROCK!

Mar 4, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We care about each member of the team and work hard to show it.

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with experienced, skilled, and intelligent developers using cutting edge technologies in an agile environment. Management is very empowering. Developers are given every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Often time is spent - wasted - in meetings. Also, chit-chat can run long sometimes during potential productive stretches of developing time. Some of the developers that are a little more tenured can be a bit negative.

Advice to Management

Continue letting developers and teams mostly manage themselves. That responsibility comes with a sense of ownership and obligation to follow through on requests from the business. Also, try to reduce the small pockets of negativity from the vocal minority.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

6. "Great Culture, Great Product, Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I was hired to do a job and my manager has given me the freedom to do it. There is no micromanagement. My fellow employees are great to work with. The culture isn't just words in the employee handbook, it is real and lived daily.

Cons

There are no cons that I have identified.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees in performing their jobs. Continue to support the values around which the culture is built. Continue to set high goals for performance.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for the kind words. We will continue to do our best at making sure that the culture and our values are not just words in a book but rather what we all try to live by.

"Amazing culture, frantic management."

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Smart people in a fast-paced environment.

Cons

Every shift of focus brings lay-offs and new hires, so it is was very hard to feel stable.

Advice to Management

Find the right path and stay on it!

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

We are excited to hear that you found the culture amazing. And I promise, we are always working hard to make sure the company as a whole is on the right path. Sometimes that does mean shifting focus ... More

8. "."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Laid-back, easy-going & casual culture. Nice perks: breakroom full of goodies for breakfast, lunch or just snacks. Always food around from catered meetings. Most people are nice and friendly. Absolutely no dress code. Free PTO with managers' approval. Recently acquired by a PE firm to make sure business is on track.

Cons

VERY cliquish and when you get on someone's bad side - look out because your days are numbered there. Work overload - never enough time to complete requests in an efficient manner. Absolutely no praise or recognition for a job well done. You can be shunned very quickly.

Advice to Management

Communicate effectively and on a regular basis with your employees so everyone is on the same page. Don't just assume that your requests are / aren't being handled (by others giving you feedback about it) do the right thing by observing it yourself.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Great advice in the advice to management section and thank you for taking the time to share some of the things you enjoyed about working here and some things you didn't. Our intent is to never make ... More

"Great company"

Former Employee - Copywriter I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Copywriter I in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company culture is tons of fun, with plenty of social outings (and innings) and an open door policy for the most part.
    - Pay and benefits are great.
    - Lots of free food and drinks in the kitchen.

Cons

- The work itself can be a little dry, but that's just because banking can be a little dry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

"Launch Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Snacks
    -Nice CEO
    -Group activities
    -Charitable Company
    -Cool Logo/"Core Values" - They'll even pay you $2k to get a tattoo of it.

Cons

-Free Snacks (If you have time to eat, ever)
    -Nice CEO (But don't expect to set a meeting with him over escalated concerns or you could be fired)
    -Group activities (Participate if you want to network, but the hundreds of e-mails will be waiting)
    -The company was growing too fast for the middle managers to keep up. $55k a year is not enough for one person to do 2.5 people's jobs. Your marketing project managers should not be made to manage full website and mobile builds along with full service marketing plans. Those are completely different things.
    -There are people who work very hard and people who are very comfortable - the cliques are exceedingly noticeable. Don't say the wrong thing around the wrong person. The kids on the "outside" are quick to warn you of this too.
    -The office has SBS (Sick Building Syndrome). People come in and and immediately get sick. I'm sure it's kept so cold because that discourages the spread of whatever, but for sure there is something wrong in the ventilation of that place.

Advice to Management

-The faults do not always lie with the over worked and clearly stressed employee. Please lok to their managers for answers and responsibility. Take care of your people and they will take care of the rest.
    -Watch out for the Fear culture creeping. You may not readily see it, but your worker bees definitely do

Dec 17, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on our company. I know I have said it in many other reviews, but I think it is important for people looking at our company to see and hear all ... More

"want to join a cult? jump on in!"

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

they'll promise 'flexibility' and somehow all the kool-aid drinking does create a feeling of occasional euphoria, if you can get past the bad taste in your mouth . unlimited vacation time!? free snacks (and even breakfast foods)? company happy hours? occasional opportunities to WFH(and yes, everything is an acronym here)? chest-beating rallies once a month in which the CEO touts the company as if its mission were the equivalent of saving all the syrian refugees while also freeing factory farm animals, and you have the opportunity to stare at his handsome highness while he does so? onsite ukulele classes, subsidized by the company? free fancy gym? cool!

Cons

you must not cross the wrong person - and you never know who that wrong person is. you must constantly sing the praises of the company, whose upper management has deluded itself into believing they're doing some great deed in the world and improving society, when really, who are we kidding? this is the corporate world, so it's all about profit, profit, profit.

Nov 9, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your perspective. You are absolutely correct that we are a for-profit corporation, but we also believe that for-profit corporations should and can do positive good in the world ... More