BancVue Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BancVue CEO Gabriel Krajicek
Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Tons of perks, unlimited PTO, healthy environment, tons of holidays (in 7 reviews)

• The company provides a well-equipped break room (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no praise or recognition for a job well done (in 2 reviews)

1. "Getting paid to have fun"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed place to work
    Some of the coolest people I've ever worked with
    Free food/drinks in the breakroom

Cons

So many fun things to do, so little time to do them in.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keeping on. I wouldn't change anything about how things are done.

Mar 4, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Development Specialist in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Client Development Specialist in Christiansburg, VA

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Energetic Work Environment
    Management Actually Listens
    Generous Salary
    Great Benefits

Cons

There are no cons. Best employer I have ever had!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys ROCK!

Mar 4, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We care about each member of the team and work hard to show it.

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with experienced, skilled, and intelligent developers using cutting edge technologies in an agile environment. Management is very empowering. Developers are given every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Often time is spent - wasted - in meetings. Also, chit-chat can run long sometimes during potential productive stretches of developing time. Some of the developers that are a little more tenured can be a bit negative.

Advice to Management

Continue letting developers and teams mostly manage themselves. That responsibility comes with a sense of ownership and obligation to follow through on requests from the business. Also, try to reduce the small pockets of negativity from the vocal minority.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

4. "Great Culture, Great Product, Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I was hired to do a job and my manager has given me the freedom to do it. There is no micromanagement. My fellow employees are great to work with. The culture isn't just words in the employee handbook, it is real and lived daily.

Cons

There are no cons that I have identified.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees in performing their jobs. Continue to support the values around which the culture is built. Continue to set high goals for performance.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for the kind words. We will continue to do our best at making sure that the culture and our values are not just words in a book but rather what we all try to live by.

5. "."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Laid-back, easy-going & casual culture. Nice perks: breakroom full of goodies for breakfast, lunch or just snacks. Always food around from catered meetings. Most people are nice and friendly. Absolutely no dress code. Free PTO with managers' approval. Recently acquired by a PE firm to make sure business is on track.

Cons

VERY cliquish and when you get on someone's bad side - look out because your days are numbered there. Work overload - never enough time to complete requests in an efficient manner. Absolutely no praise or recognition for a job well done. You can be shunned very quickly.

Advice to Management

Communicate effectively and on a regular basis with your employees so everyone is on the same page. Don't just assume that your requests are / aren't being handled (by others giving you feedback about it) do the right thing by observing it yourself.

Feb 8, 2016 – Chief Patch Officer

Great advice in the advice to management section and thank you for taking the time to share some of the things you enjoyed about working here and some things you didn't. Our intent is to never make ... More

"Great company"

Former Employee - Copywriter I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Copywriter I in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company culture is tons of fun, with plenty of social outings (and innings) and an open door policy for the most part.
    - Pay and benefits are great.
    - Lots of free food and drinks in the kitchen.

Cons

- The work itself can be a little dry, but that's just because banking can be a little dry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

"Launch Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Snacks
    -Nice CEO
    -Group activities
    -Charitable Company
    -Cool Logo/"Core Values" - They'll even pay you $2k to get a tattoo of it.

Cons

-Free Snacks (If you have time to eat, ever)
    -Nice CEO (But don't expect to set a meeting with him over escalated concerns or you could be fired)
    -Group activities (Participate if you want to network, but the hundreds of e-mails will be waiting)
    -The company was growing too fast for the middle managers to keep up. $55k a year is not enough for one person to do 2.5 people's jobs. Your marketing project managers should not be made to manage full website and mobile builds along with full service marketing plans. Those are completely different things.
    -There are people who work very hard and people who are very comfortable - the cliques are exceedingly noticeable. Don't say the wrong thing around the wrong person. The kids on the "outside" are quick to warn you of this too.
    -The office has SBS (Sick Building Syndrome). People come in and and immediately get sick. I'm sure it's kept so cold because that discourages the spread of whatever, but for sure there is something wrong in the ventilation of that place.

Advice to Management

-The faults do not always lie with the over worked and clearly stressed employee. Please lok to their managers for answers and responsibility. Take care of your people and they will take care of the rest.
    -Watch out for the Fear culture creeping. You may not readily see it, but your worker bees definitely do

Dec 17, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on our company. I know I have said it in many other reviews, but I think it is important for people looking at our company to see and hear all ... More

"Love is an value"

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BancVue is committed to their culture which makes their values work. Love is the value that is most important to me. We hire such smart people that have proven records. Once your employed it is hard to leave due to love for the company ( it grows on you). Could we work somewhere else and maybe make an extra $10K? Sure.Maybe. But I'm not. Come join us to see what the fuss is all about.

Cons

Success depicted on a bar graph is not a straight line upward, but rather a lot of peaks and valleys. The company has had its share of trying to figure out organization structure as well as determine which products to partner with other vendors. In the end though we figure it out.

Advice to Management

Continue to have faith in your employees.

Oct 13, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

It does grow on you, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome people. Everyone I work with is bright, fun to be around, and works well together. My boss is extremely smart but truly cares about us and the entire company. Management has been improving steadily in all areas of the company for the past few years.

The company lives its values, and our executives make difficult financial decisions to do the right thing for clients and employees.

Cons

Heavy workload, especially this year. There's always too much to do and some departments are understaffed while others appear to be overstaffed. However, when things get tough, our team always pulls together and finds a way to make it work.

Oct 13, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing! I'm glad that you enjoy so much of your work here. Uneven workloads are always a hard one to manage, and it is an area of focus for us. If you have any specific feedback on how ... More

10. "BancVue walks the talk"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company wholly reflects my values: doing work that helps people, raising the visibility of community banks and credit unions, focusing on the client and the employee, promoting supportive and transparent communication, and rewarding the meeting of goals. Corporate goals are clear, employee benefits are amazing, and the culture is inclusive and inspiring. I've never worked with smarter people, and I've never felt so empowered to make a positive difference, both in the workplace and for our clients.

Cons

This is a corporate culture that came from a startup, so expectations are high for each contributor. If you are not a person who gets satisfaction from working intently toward your goals, working collaboratively toward shared goals, and going above and beyond when you've achieved both of those things, BancVue is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the executive team's intentions and efforts to make BancVue the best place to work. My only advice is to maintain the in-this-together attitude as we grow.

Oct 6, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for sharing. It is always nice when you can find a company whose values reflect your own!