Banco de Sabadell Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Banco de Sabadell CEO José Oliu Creus
José Oliu Creus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's an o.k. place to work at for a year or a year and a half, but don't waste any more of your time there."

Former Employee - Teller in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Miami, FL

Pros

The only good reasons I can think of for working at Sabadell are the schedule (branches are closed
    on Saturdays & Sundays). You can accumulate a good amount of vacation days in a short amount of time. And that you don't have to worry about cross selling bank products, and opening new accounts.

Cons

The pay is horrible compared to other banks. I've worked at other banks were tellers can make extra money from a monthly teller bonus. At Sabadell you'd be lucky if you get one bonus during the year, and they don't give it during the holidays. No sick days at all. If you're sick and you need to make money you better go to work because if you don't, you won't get payed. Very few opportunities for advancement. I also noticed a high turnover rate. The tellers wouldn't stick around very long.

Advice to Management

Pay your hard working employees a decent wage. Part of the reason why I left the bank was because I hadn't gotten a raise in two years. And the bonus that we received in March had been cut. So it was less than the bonus that I had gotten the year before. If the bank is having such a hard time making money, I suggest that upper management do what a lot of other banks do, and start charging non-customers a fee to cash their checks. I think that would make non-customers either open up accounts to avoid the fees, or would make them go to their own banks to deposit their checks.

2. "Banco Sabadell"

Former Intern - Digital Consultant in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)
    Former Intern - Digital Consultant in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)

I worked at Banco de Sabadell as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Prestige. You are working for the 4th largest bank in Spain.

Cons

No coordination within departments. You are a simple number for the company.

3. "Probably the worst bank in Spain to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)

Pros

Good work - life balance

Cons

Very low salaries (around 30-50% lower than average market), no professional opportunities. Very low salaries, no benefits and therefor bad employees as good ones leave the bank after 1-2-3 years. They pay around 20k for full time employees, it's ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Get fired!

4. "Intern at the Macroeconomics Department"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)

I worked at Banco de Sabadell as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom about how to proceed and what to focus within the project you are working on. In my case I worked in two different projects and on one of them my opinion was important and made an impact on the overall project.

Cons

The freedom comes with a burden, you lose feedback. At the end of the day you are an intern, and you would like to learn something out of the experience, not simply apply what you have learned in college.

Advice to Management

If you really are trying to use the internships as a bridge to find new employees, you should show the interns more about the department and let them participate in other activities within the firm, other than assigning them a project and let them do their own work.