BancorpSouth Reviews | Glassdoor

BancorpSouth Reviews

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James D. Rollins III

Pros
  • BancorpSouth offers great benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance and time off, including personal days) and I have many great Coworkers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons come to mind about this job (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Manager-Insurance division"

Current Intern - Account Manager- Insurance Division in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Intern - Account Manager- Insurance Division in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at BancorpSouth as an intern (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to have good benefits but are slowly fading away.
    Some really talented and good people work there but management and lack of raises are running people off.

Cons

Where do I start.. Too many managers & COMMITTEES and not enough peons I actaully have witnessed inter office mingling with 2 VP's that were not married to one another but were to others. I dont mean lunch mingling. I mean go in the office close the door for 2 hours and sounds that are questionable are heard. When reported nothing was done about it! VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!
    If you are a favorite/pet you are safe as they say. Its well known. Management & staff do not abide by same rules or expections. Most management feels the employees are beneath them. Very obvious!
    NO advancement as well AT ALL!!
    Seriously looking as I type! Hate throwing away 10 years but Im done! Its not the same W&P anymore.. Sad really.

Advice to Management

Please review your management team. Remove the favorite club.. Be professional!

2. "MORTGAGE DEPT- No support."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at BancorpSouth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay competitive. Some knowledgeable loan officers. There are no other pros for the mortgage dept. The banking department, friendly people, but divisions are truly divided.

Cons

No communication!! No encouragement! No team effort! Lack of REAL system training. Fake it and hopefully make it..or get written up. Cowardly actions by management. What happened to loyalty and doing the right thing?

Advice to Management

Need support, need team effort. Negative reinforcement does not work and is not a motivator. Too many "clicks". Separate personal & business relationships w/ Upper Management. Cancer spreads and is hurting locations from real growth.
    HR is NOT involved and should be with asking these kinds of questions.

3. "Look Elsewhere. They Don't Favor Black People"

I worked at BancorpSouth full-time

Pros

They can offer alright benefits.

Cons

The company simply doesn't doesn't know that we're in the 21st century. They're stuck in the Jim Crow era. Don't be surprised if you're never called for a job or get a promotion.... Take a look at your skin. That'll be the reason why.

Advice to Management

Would it seriously hurt you to invest in the people who work their behinds off for you? Also you should invest more time in actually seeking qualified people to work and put your racist bias behind you where it belongs.

5. "account manager"

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

a true lack of leadership

"Political Job, No room for advancement......."

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

Pros

The other Tellers I work with are very close, we are almost like family.However, Management and operations are always in a constant struggle to see eye to eye.
    The weekly working hours are good, But being asked to take off a day during the week so we dont get paid for overtime when we have to work Saturdays seems irrational.

Cons

No room for advancement, People seem to come out of nowhere and get hired here.
    While other long-time employees who work their tails off get no promotion or recognition.

Advice to Management

Recognize and train the employees you have now, There are lots of well qualifies people within the organization who never get a chance to show their skills because of hiring from outside the organization.