BandPage Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2015

4.7
BandPage Founder & CEO J Sider (no image)
J Sider
0 Rating
  1. "Great company with empowered empoyees"

5.0

I have been working at BandPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

BandPage has developed a great culture all working together towards J's vision of connecting musicians with their fans. The space is great and the staff are all very respectful and easy, fun to work with. There are always opportunity to learn and take on work. Learning and owning is encouraged so there is always ways to make a difference. Also important (if not most important!) is out chef, Shane. Wow, his food is amazing everyday with a rotating menu of new foods every week. Wonderful, healthy food to keep you going.

Cons

BandPage is a startup so recognize that you may need to get the door or answer the phone every once in a while! Not a big deal but folks who love working for a big company in a very particular way may not be interested in this type of environment.

Continue reading
  2. "Strong Vision"

4.0
     in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BandPage

Pros

Fantastic founder vision Impact the music industry and musicians lives Great team, some strong leaders, collaborative environment Delicious lunch and fun office, good location, team offsites

Cons

Vision doesn't always translate to solid mid-range strategy and tactics Some unnecessary late nights and scrambling Still figuring out balance between business/eng/product needs

Continue reading

3. "Working for a million musicians is amazing."

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BandPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mission is awesome: BandPage is building the musical nexus, the way for millions of artists to connect more directly with and be supported by their fans – through the BP platform, as well as through the biggest music services used by hundreds of millions of music fans. This is a passion project for the hard-charging leadership, and the brilliant staff, so it's rad to work with people who are not just extremely talented, but in love with what they do. The location is cool, the perks (in-house concerts, a full-time chef) are great. The work is challenging, and the teams love to put their heads together and solve the myriad problems facing the artists we represent, and those of an ambitious music/tech startup.

Cons

Our three biggest challenges: 1. Transforming a huge, slow-moving industry takes dedication and patience; 2. Getting artists and partners on board is a chicken-and-egg problem; 3. There are so many problems to solve and opportunities to help that we sometimes struggle to maintain focus on our and artists' core needs. Over the past two years, we've made big strides in clarifying our strategy and message, getting people on board, and operating cohesively... but we must continue to improve to survive and thrive.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews