KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bandwidth

Engaged Employer

Bandwidth

Add a Review

Bandwidth Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Dec 26, 2020

Found 25 of over 266 reviews

3.7
Bandwidth Co-Founder and CEO David Morken
David Morken
Pros
  • "Awesome work-life balance and flexibility(in 25 reviews)

• "Fun and friendly culture, great benefits and perks, great values(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons to working at Bandwidth(in 19 reviews)

• "The upper management is a good ol boy network(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Bandwidth

Join the conversation on

Confession

1d

a

Senior Manager

My sibling and I are incredibly close - best friends. I’m in a serious relationship and she’s been eternally single despite being beautiful and successful. Feel torn about splitting my time and bandwidth between her and my boyfriend. She gets that we’re older now and she needs to let me go but she’s incredibly lonely and doesn’t have a person outside me who she’s very close with. I’m torn seeing her alone and depressed (she’s on meds) and have contemplated giving up my relationship (cont)

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bandwidth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Culture

May 21, 2020 - Data Analyst in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and friendly culture, great benefits and perks, great values

Cons

Not so flexible work from home policy in most departments prior to the stay at home order in NC

2. 4.0

Excellent company

Dec 26, 2020 - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work culture. Great benefits. Great team.

Cons

I don't see any immediate downside.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits hour and a half lunches great people opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and have personal development

Cons

no work from home culture, expect to be in office every day salaries are pretty low not a ton of room to grow in a smaller company boys club culture at times (less so over the years but still present)

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A Good Stepping Stone

Oct 19, 2020 - Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, great benefits, and many amazing people including the CEO.

Cons

No professional development. I reached a ceiling and had to leave in order to grow in my career.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

All the focus goes to Sales

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Great people / wonderful coworkers

Cons

All the focus is on the Sales team. Product and Operations come in far behind Sales in priority.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not for the hard working

Jul 25, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Fun culture. Minimal accountability if things go wrong. Great family environment. Great people.

Cons

The company masks a lot of it's problems by feeding you beer and fun activities. You will be mad one day, but you will get a free tshirt the next to try and make things better. Upper management is horrible. There are more VP's at this company than most companies in Raleigh combined. They have no idea how to properly issue titles and it's really frustrating because they are so top heavy with minimal people to execute the ideas below. Work and life balance is minimal if you're in a mid to senior department role. Be ready to be available by email at many hours and weekends too. It was said that David Morken tells you to go home if you're working late but that's definitely not true. A lot of the late night hours you put in are because of managements lack of direction and leadership. Once again going back to the silly top heavy structure the company has taken. Bandwidth puts all of its resources into one division and let the rest of its divisions fall to the competition. It was hard to see products that could have been successful dropped for assistance and innovation for the mobile division. Many people work hard, but more people play. If you're working hard you will spend many hours picking up the extra work of the slackers who are at Bandwidth to play games and drink free beer.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Promising Place to Work!

Oct 3, 2012 - Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package, great atmosphere, a very family oriented company. Inspirational CEO. HR department goes out of their way to organize celebrations, employee recognition, etc. and to be an ear for employees. A strong work hard, play hard environment. Flexible about working from home occasionally if needed. Long lunch breaks are allotted to encourage fitness- employees can work out/play sports. Thirsty Thursdays, food trucks, group outings etc. The company appears to sincerely attempt to resolve any issues brought to its attention.

Cons

Prior to now, I felt a disconnect due to the lack of downward communication. This has changed recently and it has made all the difference in the world for me! I hope this continues.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not all it claims to be

Jun 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits for me and family. Fun activities. Most of the worker bee's are great people. A lot of perks that the same tech companies locally have.

Cons

Work life balance sucks. Sure we get to leave by 6, but what they fail to tell you is how many hours we're working that night and weekend from the house because of poor management. And we aren't supposed to work on vacations, but when your managers frown upon you not being available and can't get things done because they're useless you can't exactly say no so you lose your job. A lot of managers are under qualified for their titles. It's like taking direction from a 10 year old. It's insulting to those who actually know what they're doing to high-five an idiot VP every day. It's hard to do anything you're proud of when there's not much taking place.

13 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Echo what people say about the inner circle

Nov 20, 2015 - Tech Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and a good company culture created by a few people who care about making work an enjoyable place to be.

Cons

There is an inner circle and brown nosing will get you far. I was let go for something someone else did. My chats with this person were siphoned through when they left and because I cursed in my chats I was canned after 7 years of awards and recognition from the company. Why? Because I had a run in with one of the HR reps prior to this happening and this person had it in for me. That all revolved around me applying for a position that HR changed the description of on the fly while I was interviewing for it. Unprofessional when you ask your HR rep a question and they storm out of the room on you and stop speaking with you. Even the manager interviewing me was confused by the reps attitude.

15 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working at Bandwidth!

Jun 27, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits for employees and families - 100% paid benefits, 1.5 hour lunches to work out, gym membership, vacation embargoes, great technology, awesome people, the list goes on. Our CEO has a great vision for the company and instills that excitement and passion in the employees.

Cons

There are not many cons of working here. Every job has it's ups and downs, but this is a place that I honestly enjoy coming to work everyday. You just have to balance your time well to keep up with the workload at times, at least your days are never boring and they fly by.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews