The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Bandwidth? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bandwidth employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the benefits are great." (in 74 reviews)
- "Great environment and culture" (in 50 reviews)
- "great people and developers" (in 46 reviews)
- "Great work life balance while pushing teams and individuals" (in 27 reviews)
- "a free PTO day to be an activist in whatever you believe in, amazing coworkers and teams that care about your personal life if you express issues." (in 10 reviews)
- "low pay and tried to make up for it with worthless 'benefits'" (in 21 reviews)
- "Typical of a growing company the communication and alignment around strategy is a challenge, but one that is being addressed by management." (in 18 reviews)
- "The CEO just announced return to office 5 days a week no exceptions for all employees with very little heads up." (in 13 reviews)
- "I was barely making ends means with a well below average salary for this area and market." (in 13 reviews)
- "Upper management is arrogant." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bandwidth and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 74 of over 403 reviews
Updated Sep 13, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Sep 23, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsRaleigh, NC
I get to work with a lot of very smart people!!! They work hard and care for each other and enjoy their work. I have witnessed first hand how we rally together in hard times!! Great benefits at no cost!! Leaders keep us informed. I feel like my voice is heard and I am excited about our future.
No company is perfect. I do not have any cons to include. I love working here.
- 2.0Jun 8, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great benefits for me and family. Fun activities. Most of the worker bee's are great people. A lot of perks that the same tech companies locally have.
Work life balance sucks. Sure we get to leave by 6, but what they fail to tell you is how many hours we're working that night and weekend from the house because of poor management. And we aren't supposed to work on vacations, but when your managers frown upon you not being available and can't get things done because they're useless you can't exactly say no so you lose your job. A lot of managers are under qualified for their titles. It's like taking direction from a 10 year old. It's insulting to those who actually know what they're doing to high-five an idiot VP every day. It's hard to do anything you're proud of when there's not much taking place.13