Found 20 of over 404 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Bandwidth? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bandwidth employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the benefits are great." (in 76 reviews)
- "Great environment and culture" (in 50 reviews)
- "great people and developers" (in 44 reviews)
- "Great work life balance while pushing teams and individuals" (in 28 reviews)
- "a free PTO day to be an activist in whatever you believe in, amazing coworkers and teams that care about your personal life if you express issues." (in 10 reviews)
- "Typical of a growing company the communication and alignment around strategy is a challenge, but one that is being addressed by management." (in 20 reviews)
- "low pay and tried to make up for it with worthless 'benefits'" (in 18 reviews)
- "I was barely making ends means with a well below average salary for this area and market." (in 14 reviews)
- "Upper management is arrogant." (in 12 reviews)
- "The CEO just announced return to office 5 days a week no exceptions for all employees with very little heads up." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bandwidth and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "upper management"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Oct 28, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I’ve been with Bandwidth for a year now, and it’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. It’s invigorating to come to work each day. I work with some very smart people in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We’re working on some really cool stuff and literally changing an entire industry. I have found Bandwidth to be a very bold company that is not afraid to take risks. We have a lot of very passionate people who really believe in the company. I love that we’re small enough to be agile and able to pivot quickly. I love sitting in meetings and feeling like everyone in the room is smarter than me. I’m learning every single day! And I love the fact that management actually listens. My manager values my opinion. He may not always agree, but he always listens. I’ve worked for a lot of other companies – in Raleigh and beyond, and have never worked for a place that cares so much about employees. I was sick last year and the compassion shown to me by my boss, co-workers and upper management was amazing. They work hard to make sure you have balance in your life. My boss kicks me out at 6 pm to spend time with family. They pay 100% of insurance for me and my family and give me 90 minutes at lunch to work out. I’ve never worked with a company that offered that to employees. Some have said it’s a Boys Club. Any tech company is going to have a lot of male employees. I see a lot of women around the office, and I know that we have several women in management and executive level positions. My experience has been drastically different than some of the reviews posted on this site. I’m not doubting the validity of what some posted, just saying that I have not experienced any of that. It’s possible that Bandwidth has some weak links in middle management in parts in the company. Those people could be impacting the overall experience for employees under them. That’s unfortunate, because it really is a great company. I encourage employees to go beyond their manager, and talk to the CEO if they have issues. He will listen to you.
The fast paced, innovative culture is not for everyone. I love it, but some employees get stressed out and can’t produce in that environment. The company is hiring fast and they need to slow down to be sure employees are a good fit. Otherwise you end up with some negative, bitter employees who spend their days complaining. We need better management training throughout the company.
- 4.0Feb 22, 2021Sales Development RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRaleigh, NC
Great management and some of the best people to work for. Awesome team who are super helpful and willing to teach
The pathway to promoting is often 18/mo and the upper management will tell you that it's based on factors they don't bother coach folks on.1