The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Bandwidth? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bandwidth employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the benefits are great." (in 74 reviews)
- "Great environment and culture" (in 50 reviews)
- "great people and developers" (in 46 reviews)
- "Great work life balance while pushing teams and individuals" (in 27 reviews)
- "a free PTO day to be an activist in whatever you believe in, amazing coworkers and teams that care about your personal life if you express issues." (in 10 reviews)
- "low pay and tried to make up for it with worthless 'benefits'" (in 21 reviews)
- "Typical of a growing company the communication and alignment around strategy is a challenge, but one that is being addressed by management." (in 18 reviews)
- "The CEO just announced return to office 5 days a week no exceptions for all employees with very little heads up." (in 13 reviews)
- "I was barely making ends means with a well below average salary for this area and market." (in 13 reviews)
- "Upper management is arrogant." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bandwidth and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 21 of over 403 reviews
Updated Sep 13, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jul 31, 2021NOC TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRaleigh, NC
Great benifits and can work from home a few days at a time when needed
They expect a lot from their NOC techs for the pay. Very hectic and stressfull and always seemed to be rushed. I have had 8 hour shifts that I did not get out of my chair.Bandwidth Response3y
Thanks for the review. We appreciate your commitment and encourage you to share your feedback with your manager or with People Services.
- 3.0Jul 7, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsRaleigh, NC
People are genuine and ego isn’t an issue, your colleagues and people leaders truly want you to succeed. Benefits are very good.
Salary far below market value. No work from home allowed except in emergencies etc. The company has been having an identity crisis for a long time with no end in sight. Is Bandwidth a telecom company or a software company? Culture is male dominated and “grit” based, which is great for some and demotivating for others.12Bandwidth Response3y
Thanks for the review. Diversity is consistently a focus as we build a Band made up of people from all backgrounds. And we hear you on comp--we've been making adjustments as our region grows.