Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Banfield Pet Hospital President Brian Garish
Brian Garish

1,205 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I enjoy the perks for my pets, such as free wellness plans through Banfield and the Royal Canin and Petsmart discounts" (in 146 reviews)

• "Working with animals is always fun" (in 62 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Banfield is a great company to work for! The practice is innovative and continuously improving. It is amazing working with dedicated professional who care about our pets, clients and associates. We strive to live our 5 Principles on a daily basis (Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Freedom and Efficiency). I've been employed with Banfield for 7 years and seen the growth of the organization. We are committed to doing what is right, flexibility with schedule for our doctors, addressing student debt, offering great benefits, Inclusion and Diversity, Well-being , Corporate responsibility, Volunteering .. there is so much we are doing and I could not be more proud to work for this company. We strive for excellence and I am very proud of that.

Cons

I would say the biggest challenge with banfield is that we are a growth organization. Anytime you are focused on growth there will be growing pains, In addition, you can expect change, if you are not comfortable with change then it would be very challenging to work here.

Advice to Management

We have great leadership that focuses on innovation. Leadership matters; thank you for your commitment to excellence. Continue to listen to our associates and make changes when appropriate.

2. "My Banfield Story"

Current Employee - Veterinarian Chief of Staff in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Veterinarian Chief of Staff in Edina, MN

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company since graduation from veterinary school in 2014. I have enjoyed having experienced and structured mentoring when I started. I have also had many opportunities to grow professional and develop leadership skills leading to career advancement to a Chief of Staff. I enjoy educating others and sharing my passion for the profession. As a lead doctor one of my main focuses has been the maintenance and practice of quality medicine. The practice has recognized our role in the veterinary profession to lead care and that starts with quality medicine and care. Working in a culture where quality is not only celebrated, but actively pursued is refreshing. The comprehensive benefits package is also hard to beat!!

Cons

We do have weekend and extended hours, however we need to be there when pets need us to better serve our patients and flex scheduling and shortened hours are being trialed.

Oct 21, 2018 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing your insights. We appreciate all your efforts to make Banfield a great place to work!

3. "VA at Banfield"

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time

Pros

Lots of experience learned. You help save lives of pets.

Cons

Too many patients a day (sometimes about 50) which can be very stressful. Clients that decline every service.

"Vet Assistant"

Current Employee - Vet Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Vet Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, willing to train, easy to move locations, preventive care for pets, nice benefits

Cons

late nights, corporation, stressful, pressure on expediency, not great pay

Advice to Management

While it's worth it to me, others would be willing to stick with the company more if they felt heard and valued. Pay is ridiculous when we are exposing ourselves to sick animals but coverage for work injuries is excellent. I enjoy the work and enjoy the ever changing environment, however there is a lot of burnout. I LOVE that Banfield was/is willing to train me since I don't have a degree in vet med.

5. "Doctor of Veterinary Medicine"

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

Benefits, good starting salary, good support team, training for new grads

Cons

I don't have any right now.

6. "Client Service Coordinator"

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

Getting to be around pets all day, learning about veterinary medicine, helping people and their pets

Cons

Schedule, hours, on the phone ALL day bothering clients with healthy pets to schedule appointments

7. "CSC"

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time

Pros

I just started working for Banfield but I find them to be very caring of both the pets and the employees. They are going through some restructure and that's always a challenge, but I believe they are a strong company and will get stronger going forward with some positive change. Scheduling so far is fair and the pay is good, about slightly above average for the area. My advice to anyone looking to work in an environment with customer service skills and a love for animals should shut out the negative people who stay where they are miserable and give Banfield a shot. So far I love it!

Cons

Many employees just want to complain. My suggestion from a long line of employment, if you don't like where you work then you should leave and not write negative comments that are counter productive. Staying where you don't believe in the philosophy makes you the main problem. Start a job search and be happy. Life is too short.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the on-boarding that is afforded to me as a new employee. I feel as though it's not about how much work you get out of me but more of how can I have enough time to give the best customer service and understand your philosophy. My advice, start to weed out the negative people and not take so long to do it. Unprofessional equals unproductive equals negative comments that may not be fair to you. Your PM's need to have the courage to write up and terminate the negativity that is very apparent for no reason other than you take it. Just sayin'. Thanks for the opportunity to work for Banfield. Hope I'm around a long time.

Oct 21, 2018 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Welcome to the Banfield family! Thank you for sharing insights from your onboarding experience.

"Veterinarian"

Former Employee - Veterinarian in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Veterinarian in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits. Opportunities to advance into management.

Cons

Focused on volume of patients and metrics rather than quality of care. Poorly trained support staff. High turnover. Variable support from middle management.

9. "Working at Banfield pet hospital"

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

Great benifits, good schedule and time off

Cons

The amount that is put on you with having to balance day to day

10. "Veterinary Assistant"

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time

Pros

Easy scheduling, fun environment, great work environment

Cons

Busy days, difficult clients, sad cases

Oct 21, 2018 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Your review and feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for all you do.

Showing 1,205 of 1,224 reviews