Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

3.2
Banfield Pet Hospital President  Brian Garish
Brian Garish
Pros
  • "They offer 3 free wellness plans for preventative care for cats and dogs, discount on penn foster vet tech program(in 186 reviews)

• "Great Benefits & The work can be very gratifying at times(in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours And not many holidays but what can you expect(in 116 reviews)

• "Managers are expected to be working/on call 7 days a week which makes it very difficulty to have work/life balance(in 87 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"First place I applied for and never regretted"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Veterinarian in Roseville, MI

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Clear policies * Great Salaries * Amazing and caring management * They listen and are flexible to change * Opportunities for continuous education, Development and leadership jobs * During Covid-19 management went beyond to take care of the team

Cons

* Health Insurance deductibles are high * A lot of metrics to monitor

June 9, 2020

Thank you for your honest review. We are very happy to hear that you have continuing education available to you so that you can further your career. Thank you for your work during the pandemic! It is wonderful to hear that your team was taken care of during this troubling time.

2. "A Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The leadership truly cares about the team! I feel like they have my back for whatever hurtles we come across. This company is a big family and I love being apart of it!

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling but you are given plenty of PTO for time off.

June 4, 2020

We would like to thank you for your continued dedication to Banfield Pet Hospital! We are happy to hear of the teamwork and love you have experienced throughout your years with us. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave it!

3. "Lots of opportunities for advancement"

Former Employee - Shift Lead in Asheville, NC

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits package with lots of opportunities to climb the ladder if that is what is wanted

Cons

Fast pace can leave you overwhelmed if it's not expected

July 9, 2020

We are happy to hear of the positive experience you had while working with Banfield Pet Hospital. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings and feedback. Advancement in a career is always a plus when choosing a company to be with. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

4. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Registered Veterinary Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Above average pay for field. Flexible Schedule

Cons

Employee experience varies widely depending on location. Company has bad reputation

June 30, 2020

Thank you for your honest review and many years of service. We are glad to hear that you felt good about the pay and the flexible schedule as we recognize that these are important factors when choosing a career.

5. "Success is 100% dependent on your team"

2.0
    Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Able to work during college with no issues Pay is better than most retail jobs

Cons

Significant stress and high turnover Management doesn't change any issues for up to a year before responding

July 7, 2020

We are grateful you took the time to share your experience with us! It is always good to hear that the experience was positive and helpful during your education, as we strive to help all our staff advance their careers. We would very much appreciate can reach out to your Hospital Manager or Staffing with your other concerns so that we can continue to improve across the board. Thank you for being part of the Banfield Family! -- Banfield Pet Hospital

6. "Is ok"

Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Multiple learning opportunities for general small animal practice

Cons

Long hours, pressure to sell wellness plans

July 6, 2020

Thank you for your hard work and for many years with us! We are glad to hear that you had multiple learning opportunities while with us and hope this will help you for all of your future endeavors.

7. "It has its perks"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules. Significant discount on pet care. Overtime after 40 hours

Cons

Not much room for advancement if you are not able to relocate. Work/life balance non existent at times as you likely will get calls and texts during your time off. Hours can be long. Practice managers do not get much continuing ed unless they are RVTs.

July 6, 2020

Welcome to the Banfield family! We are happy to hear that flexible schedules and pet care are helpful to you! If you are having concerns about advancement or your work/life balance, please consult with your manager so that they are able to help you with these issues so that you can thrive within Banfield!

8. "Hard work, little reward"

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator (CSC) in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Dealing with pets, good co-workers, most of the vets there really do care about their patients

Cons

Poor management, excessive favoritism, no holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving day, no set schedule so hard to make plans/schedule personal appointments, work every weekend. Upper management constantly changing protocols on operations processes. Depends on your manager what atmosphere is among employees, i experienced a good team working together, but last team was caddy, gossipy and not a "team" at all. CSC are expected to do unreasonable amount of work in busier hospital, extra hours were given to medical staff leaving CSCs shorthanded on daily basis. CSC position was treated as tho that position is not important, all praise, recgnition, and pay increases went to vet assistants, CSCs were ignored.

July 6, 2020

We would like to thank you for your many years of service with us. We are truly thankful to have hard workers such as yourself. We’re sorry to hear your experience was less than stellar. To better connect you to the right resource and to understand the above mentioned, please contact the AR Service Center at arservicecenter@banfield.com.

9. "Busy hospital!"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good health insurance, pto, discount on pet food and pet healthcare.

Cons

Very busy and under staffed. Clients yell at you daily

June 22, 2020

Thank you for your many years with us! We are glad to hear that you are able to get important things like good health care for both you and your pet through us. If you ever feel overwhelmed by your workload or customers, please make sure to go to management for help. We hope for many more wonderful years with you!

10. COVID-19

"Don't think so"

2.0
    Current Employee - Client Service Coordinator (CSC)

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Three Free wellness plans, but only if you have a dog or cat

Cons

Everything. Software is badly programmed and breaks easily, customers are given expectations of anytime service no matter what, field leadership is out of touch with associates, covid handling is terrible... Very low pay for the danger, no ongoing training except for mandatory yearly OSHA and harassment, but it never changes either. No way to give feedback to the company - surveys are yes or no only. Company takes credit for outside volunteer work....

July 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To ensure your concerns are directed to the right resource to better understand your experience, please contact the AR Service Center at arservicecenter@banfield.com.

Found 1550 reviews