Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

3.2
Banfield Pet Hospital President  Brian Garish
Brian Garish

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and they are always trying to change things to make employees happier(in 343 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and they offer 3 wellness plans for free for your pets.(in 141 reviews)
  • "Most of the people are great to work with and you for my amazing friendships.(in 67 reviews)
  • "You can have really great coworkers and the 401(k) matching is great.(in 48 reviews)
  • "The last really good thing about Banfield is the ample amount of Paid Time Off you get!!(in 38 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banfield Pet Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

All I hoped for in an employer

Nov 17, 2021 - Area Chief of Staff in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong focus on personal and professional growth Options for career advancement Great support for all the non-medical-practice stuff Ethical company that is always seeking to improve Excellent compensation package Working to improve diversity in a very un-diverse profession (majority white women)

Cons

Sometimes takes on too many huge initiatives at once Needs to provide better career path and compensation for Practice Managers

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your well-written and insightful review! We really value your feedback and will use it to improve for all our team members. We're grateful to have you as part of the Banfield Family and look forward to the next 20 years! Here's to saving lots of furry lives! -- Banfield Pet Hospital

2. 5.0

Amazing Team

May 12, 2022 - Vet Assistant in Saginaw, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, friendly, detail oriented, rewarding

Cons

sad during euths, schedules changes, working past hours

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear that you had a positive experience with us. Yes, there are sad parts to working with pets, but glad you are able to be there for them and their owners in that sad time.

3. 4.0

Great

May 17, 2022 - Veterinary Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities to grow and develop good skill set. They are all about work-life balance!

Cons

None that I can think of

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is wonderful that you have had a positive experience and were able to grow and thrive with us.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Full time associate

May 17, 2022 - Veterinary Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Optum wellness plan for three pets

Cons

No one will listen to you individually

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the wellness plan for your pets.

5. 4.0

Overall great!

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! Management cares!

Cons

Highs and Lows but it is not an issue if everyone gets through it together!

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for sharing your insightful review with us! We are so glad to hear you have enjoyed being part of the Banfield team and look forward to many more years of saving furry lives with you! -- Banfield Pet Hospital

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Behind the times on salaried associate wellbeing

May 10, 2022 - Practice Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yearly bonus based on market performance. Paid OT since we are salary non-exempt.

Cons

No work from home days. Must work 2 Saturdays per month. Expected to work in hospital roles (front desk, vet assistant, etc).

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your review and your many years with us. We wish you a long and happy career with us!

7. 4.0

Great for basic training

May 6, 2022 - Veterinary Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

CE good learning experience for basic skills

Cons

Limited case exposure Pay Hours get cut Number sales based Corporate experience if you prefer private practice

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for recognizing the importance of our continued education (CE) classes to further grow your knowledge and experience! We also appreciate you taking the time to be open with us about your concerns surrounding pay and work-life balance. Please give us the opportunity to talk further with you and reach out to your Business Partner or arservicecenter@banfield.com. Thank you for your dedication to Banfield and our patients!

8. 4.0

Great clinic

May 5, 2022 - Associate Veterinarian in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and salary. Lots of options for extra pay.

Cons

Some long hours and a lot of appointments per day.

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience and wish you luck in your future.

9. 4.0

Great Job Bad Luck

May 5, 2022 - Client Service Coordinator in Windcrest, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great The job is pretty easy

Cons

My location has a lot of favoritism and nepotism

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. To ensure your experience is further addressed, we ask that you please contact the AR Service Center at arservicecenter@banfield.com.

10. 5.0

Awesome Team!

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open 7am-6pm Monday through Saturday One location

Cons

Not open on Sundays or some holidays

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you have had a positive experience and hope for a long positive future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,524 Reviews

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews FAQs

Banfield Pet Hospital has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,585 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Banfield Pet Hospital to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Banfield Pet Hospital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Banfield Pet Hospital. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

50% of Banfield Pet Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Banfield Pet Hospital 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Banfield Pet Hospital to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Banfield Pet Hospital Job Seekers