Bank Associates Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Dimitri Akhrin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Company with Amazing People"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is by far the best company I've ever worked for. Merchant services is often perceived in a negative light. However, I can attest first hand to BAMS' transparency, integrity, and impeccable reputation.

I have worked for the company for over 3 years now and they have come through on every promise made. This is a place you can truly build a future with as it is growing at an enormous rate.

If you have a good work ethic, know how to sell, and have the privilege of interviewing here I strongly recommend you jump at the opportunity.

Cons

None. This company has done nothing but take care of me in every way.

2. "Sales Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from an IPO'ed and rather impersonal large company, this has been a refreshing switch. Any questions or concerns are addressed in a timely fashion, I have been readily offered fair compensation. BAMS provides clear views of my personal and company growth opportunities and projections, showing a genuine appreciation for hard work, and a true team oriented outlook. The BAMS team also sincerely provides an excellent service, and stays true to their business promises, which makes touting them and working for them an honest pleasure. The surprise lunches ordered in for us are a nice touch as well!

Cons

If I had to choose, office hours are later than I prefer (9-6).

Advice to Management

Excellent management with positive demeanor, great people skills, and a deep knowledge of the industry, as well as the dynamics of the human office experience. Thanks for treating us so well!

3. "Progressive & Cutting Edge....."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time

Pros

BAMS is definitely a "career changing" organization. The nuggets of experience can propel your career into another dimension. I was fortunate to experience this first hand. Unlike, other organizations....the Sr. Management team directly invests into your success on a daily basis. Their technology is one of the best CRM's that I've ever worked with.

Cons

No real cons...if you are interested in working hard and have the potential for an uncapped income opportunity. As well as the pride of being part of helping to start something big.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your brand through Outside Sales & Marketing in key regions of the country.

4. "Best Merchant Processing Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Bank Associates Merchant Services (BAMS) has intelligent, thoughtful and considerate management. They are focused on providing the training and tools that associates need to be successful. They are positive, experienced in the industry, and provide the same customer service focused management style to their employees that they provide to their customers. It was a pleasure to work with them.

Cons

There are no cons if you are interested in working hard to learn the business and follow their direction to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Challenging, but warm environment"

Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People here are warm and welcoming. Leadership encourages learning, as there's much to master in the industry. Bonuses can vary, but very fair.

Cons

Line of work is challenging and may not be for everyone. Requires thick skin and the ability to learn. Dealing with merchants might sometimes be unpleasant.

Advice to Management

Starting the day off with something to boost morale; sometimes it's a dreadful day and we could all use a boost.

6. "Great opportunity with a growing company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot to like in working with this company. Since its still relatively small there is a lot of opportunity for everyone involved, both in terms of your position and getting your voice heard. Have a great idea? Theres a very good chance of it getting implemented! BAMS is very IT based having generated its own CRM and reporting system. When we the agents, the primary users, have thoughts on improvement typically a few weeks later you'll see it in action and available for use. The company as a whole has a pretty young, energetic staff so its easy to both stay motivated and enjoy your time at work. The CEO Dimitri Akhrin is very accessible and if you ever have something you want addressed or concerned about the door is open to speak. I can think of a few concerns I have that were resolved in a manner fair to everyone involved.

Cons

Like any MSP it can take a while to build a lucrative portfolio. This could be a concern for anyone new to the industry but if you can make it though the first few months its definitely worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep giving me those money leads!!

"NO SECURITY , LIFETIME RESIDUALS ARE FAKE , COMPANY DECISIONS ARE CONTROLLED BY ONE PERSON , NO HR DEPARTMENT ."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to build Residuals , high compensation if you know how to ask for it .UNtill Dimitri AKHRIN takes it from you for a falsified reason .

Cons

Contracts are dead ends, contain many hidden verses which allow the owner to take your residuals if he deem you did something wrong . This decision is based on ONE PERSON so if you dissapoint him off good buy all those residuals .
    Lifetime residuals ??? no such thing you must close 3 accounts per month even when you dont work and if you dont the very first month you dont get your ENTIRE RESIDUAL CHECK . NO SECURITY AT ALL, NO LONG TERM POSSIBILITIES

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your employees instead of stealing their hard work and "lifetime residuals " because they fabricated some reason for you to get removed.

Bank Associates Merchant Services Response

Nov 19, 2013 – President

Our agent contractor agreements have clear ethics guidelines to ensure that all BAMS representatives engage clients with honesty and integrity. We invest time and resources to train and empower... More

8. "Talented team"

Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

I've been with the company for over a half year. So far, I like the company, the team and my work a lot. Unlike other merchant service providers, BAMS is mainly IT-driven and has its own platform-IRIS.The team I'm working with consists of young, energetic and intelligent people with teamwork spirit. Whenever I need help, they're not only supportive but capable of providing solution in timely manner. I enjoy seeing work get done and results get improved.

Cons

The company is relative small. However, it just moved into a big office with a lot space. In addition, the business is on track to grow in a stable and upward trend. So, the company will be much bigger in the near future.

9. "A great work environment with fantastic compensation and strong leadership."

Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at BAMS has been a wonderful experience in all aspects. To start the compensation is extremely fair and employees are rewarded and recognized for being outgoing and doing exceptional work. The company is extremely technologically advance and offers some of the most useful relationship management software I have ever used, this software helps maintain and retain accounts like nothing I have ever seen before. The company is run very well and management is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Just the other day one of our Support Specialists saved two accounts which wanted to close by explaining each fee the merchant was being billed and finding ways to save the merchant money without changing their rates or fees at all. In this complex and over crowded field of merchant services it is always important to work with a company which has the expertise and work ethic to guide its workers to success and this is what BAMS does everyday.

Cons

When I first started at BAMS the office was a bit small and outdated, this caused some noise issues within the office whcih was distracting and the space available and to do some work was tight. As of early in 2013 the office moved to a HUGE location around the corner and the new office is SOOO MUCHHH BETTER , definitely more than enough space to work and the environment is now quiet and bright.

Advice to Management

In my experience management does a great job and should keep up the good work.

10. "Opportunity abounds"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Empowered employees and independent contractors. Excellent compensation for productivity. Highly technological and lean. Direct access to executive management for input and collaboration.

Cons

Can be very fast paced at times. Freedom to choose one's own pace could be overwhelming for some. Highly competitive environment may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Your new office is great but you need to spend time forming teams to offset the rapid expansion.