Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eli Vazquez

Pros
  • Great salary, Great benefits, lots of free lunches from the company and from the building (in 6 reviews)

• Excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, when it comes time to leave, your manager will rarely fight for you to stay (in 2 reviews)

• These activities count against us on our employee reviews and progress report (in 2 reviews)

1. "Company Overall"

I have been working at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The company perks, training, and work from home opportunity. Pay is alright.

Cons

Other departments do not like working together to provide or deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction to the members; which makes it harder for those that wants to actually do their job.

Advice to Management

Increase the raises there's some who truly deserve more than what they're currently receiving which is possibly why there's a high turnover rate.

"good opportunity to learn the politcal life"

Former Employee - Msr in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Msr in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent benefits, bonus at the end of the year

Cons

No recognition but are quick to jump and point fingers when you make a mistake. Company lacks communication. Advancement within the company is based on popularity (who you know not what you know) not quality or experience.

Advice to Management

Learn to accept a leadership role don't undermine those in your staff or others. Lead by example.

"ASR"

Former Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, great benefits, good hours, great team work very friendly atmosphere, a lot time off / vacation

Cons

Very poor management, very incompetent management, instead of calling for a manager for help you have to depend on co-works. HR is always on management side. Growth is impossible it's not how you do your job it's how like you that will get your promotion that is why the BFSFCU is losing the great employees they had and they will continue to lose more.

Advice to Management

I wish the board of directors will look in to evaluating the current management or replace the existing managers with new managers, if not need to advice the current management because I know for sure nothing will be done.

"Credit Union for WBG"

Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff appreciation
    multiple events
    ongoing training
    always chances to move up

Cons

Favoritism
    Employee reviews are not being conducted when they should be.

Advice to Management

Please pay more close attention to your employees. Some are doing a great job and going unnoticed which results in demotivation. Other are not performing up to par and they are being noticed for trivial things

5. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

pay is good and people are nice. The benefits are better than most companies. 4 weeks of Paid vacation.

Cons

high stress job. Over time is mandatory at times of high volume activities. not a lot of down time.

Advice to Management

connect with employees of all levels and encourage communication and teamwork. Increase the collaboration with positive corporate culture

6. "Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

The pay could be better but overall I don't have too many complaints.

Advice to Management

The management at the top could do a better job communicating with their subordinates.

"An experience with ups and downs, but mostly downs."

Former Employee - Operations in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The [majority of the] people are fantastic, and the sense of community is contagious. I absolutely love the relationships that I have formed at the credit union, and I will forever cherish them. Benefits are pretty good too, I guess.

Cons

Just about everything else... Everything is political. The decision makers have no business being in their positions of authority. Unless you have the word "director" in your title, you're drastically underpaid, and management has no regard or respect for how much or how little you choose to work. The general atmosphere is apathy, and while the work day ends at 4:30, you'll find that many people duck out before 4:00. The higher up you are in management, the earlier you can leave without being questioned. There is zero accountability, which means the staff is unmotivated and unwilling to exceed the bare minimum. If you don't find a job elsewhere in time, then you'll begin to feel stuck in an endless cycle of apathy and resentment. Benefits were recently scaled back, as were end-of-year bonuses. Our CEO is at the complete mercy of the Board and thus noticeably struggles to run his own organization. We have many directors with questionable character; staff affairs are not uncommon and known to much of the staff. As I said, there's a complete lack of respect for the sanctity of the work place. Also, when it comes time to leave, your manager will rarely fight for you to stay. They're refusal to counter-offer is a stingy way of saying "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Advice to Management

I don't know if anything I say here will even be given a second thought, so what's the point? It's time for a little housecleaning in the executive offices. Good riddance, all! I have no further questions, comments, or concerns.

"Trainer"

Former Employee - Trainer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome training program; great professional development.great training budget, easy to get managers onboard with training initiatives

Cons

very political, good think I was liked by those making the hiring decisions. Some incompetent people wee given jobs over their skill set because they knew someone.

"What's the difference between BFSFCU and Donald Trump running for president?"

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were the only reason I enjoyed coming to work every day

Cons

Where do I even begin... First, management is incompetent. They are constantly changing procedures to the point where no one even knows how to do something the correct way. They also have their favorites and if you aren't one of them, you will not move up in the company or get treated with respect for that matter. The member's are extremely demanding and rude. Part of the reason that they are is because management is always making exceptions for them, so they feel as though they can treat and speak to you the way that they do. Everything is always malfunctioning in the branch (machines, programs, etc.). It's the 21st century and they still do not even have a mobile banking app. The compensation is also extremely low. If you have to take one takeaway from this, just know that management will gladly throw you under the bus to get ahead themselves. You should be able to trust your manager and feel as though they have your best interest at heart and I have never felt that way working there.

Advice to Management

If I had it my way, you would be fired for your incompetency. Treat your employees with more respect and maybe they wouldn't hate working there like I did. You always preach about improving our "engaged services" with the members, but why shouldn't we get treated the same way from you? Maybe if you actually worked on this, the turnover wouldn't be so high.

"Very nice people"

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Washington, DC

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and works as a team. A lot of paid time off as well. Good starter job

Cons

Low salary. Will promote the person who has been there longer rather than who is more qualified. They are not up to date with techno focal advancements. Still do not have an online banking mobile app! This is just one example of how dated the company is.