Bank Leumi USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Bank Leumi USA President and CEO Avner Mendelson
Avner Mendelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I also feel like my work life balance has definitely benefited from working at Bank Leumi" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great working environment with great people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is also little to no training provided to interns so it helps to be a quick learner and have some understanding of how an office works" (in 7 reviews)

• "Unreasonable work/ life balance- get ready to work until 10-11pm every night" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Employer!"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Amazing culture with numerous opportunity for growth.

Cons

Not very known in the marketplace

2. "Mini Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Leumi USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, Location, Work Life balance

Cons

Not sure full-time jobs compensation is as competitive as they say

3. "International private banker"

I worked at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Great workplace environment, the best staff and plenty of resources

Cons

Training and internal communication can use some improvement

"Why would anyone want to join Leumi?"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The insane high turnover rate of both new and old should be an immediate red flag.

Elitist management cowardly hide behind a curtain and smugly think they are fooling employees into believing they are on the yellow brick road to success and a pot of gold at a unique "boutique" bank. They are actually a sup par poorly run organization that continues to make bad decisions which they don't take responsibility for. There is little uniformity in the systems and procedures among the regions. Sloppy work with many errors are common and an HR department that is for the most part useless.

Cons

Those of us that have been here for more than 10 years feel like we no longer belong, are not valued and have quickly become the minority.

Morale is at an all time low.

Even the infusion of new investors, money and an outdoor terrace will not be able to save this dying establishment.

Advice to Management

If they "only had a heart"......

"Vice President - Relationship Manager"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Extremely helpful HR group, work life balance is amazing, the culture and people are great

Cons

Paper files versus electronic files

"Collaborative team work"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are very supportive-teams work well together. Managers provide feedback throughout the year

Cons

Small size may limit opportunities for some

7. "Operations Manager"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I have been in the banking industry for some time, the 1 1/2 years I have been with Bank Leumi has been among the highlights of my career. I have never before worked with such a dynamic, passionate and smart group of people who genuinely like coming to work every day, and have fun doing what we do. The company is in major growth mode, which of course presents it's challenges, but the benefits are definitely more significant. I am truly proud to work here, and have referred a number of former colleagues as a result.

Cons

The challenges are in line with a company that is in significant growth mode. New products are being introduced, the staff is growing and changing, and processes are being re-engineered. But personally, I look at these things more as an opportunity to learn and continue to grow and expand my expertise. Bank Leumi is one of the few places I am aware of that can continue to provide that type of experience to anyone in the banking industry, let alone someone who has been a part of it for 15+ years.

8. "Best Bank to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great benefits, feel of inclusion, open door policy, awesome place to be at!

Cons

So far there no negative feedback I'd share.

"Don't Make this Mistake in Your Career"

Former Employee - First Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - First Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Leumi USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller Bank and easy to figure things out.
    If you don't care about your career's big picture and working with average people, then you'll be fine and you'll fit right in.
    If you don't mind slow & gradual career growth at the cost of working with leaders who are demeaning, disrespectful, disingenuous, inauthentic, over-bearing, dominating, controlling, and micro-managers, then you might want to consider a job here. Keep in mind, I said slow and gradual growth which means don't be ready to see a promise that may have been made to you being broken.

Cons

People are rude and disrespectful. Leaders at the top play games, are not transparent, and insult junior employees. Bank just gives people fancy titles, but lacks an environment of coaching and developing talent for the long term. A lot of talk happens behind closed doors further demonstrating the double face of some of the leaders at the top. A lot of employee turnover mainly because of how the bank treats its employees. Just not the right place to be. I'd give this place negative ratings if I were able to. The WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE & CAREER.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting your people to be pleasers all the time and have the courage to hear things you don't want to hear and own up to it. Treat people fairly and with respect. Don't say things behind close doors. Act with transparency and integrity.

10. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coming from larger financial organizations I really enjoy knowing and building relationships with colleagues. I enjoy my day to day work, interactions with senior management and employee events. We just had our summer event and it was great!

Cons

Given the size it doesn't have many support "luxuries" that larger organizations can offer.

Advice to Management

Communication is good but can be more in real time