Bank Leumi USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Bank Leumi USA President and CEO Avner Mendelson
Avner Mendelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also feel like my work life balance has definitely benefited from working at Bank Leumi (in 9 reviews)

• Great working environment with great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also little to no training provided to interns so it helps to be a quick learner and have some understanding of how an office works (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of employee turnover mainly because of how the bank treats its employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sr IT project Manager"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, wonderful team, work life balance is very achievable

Cons

career growth path is not very clear, there opportunities for mobility, yet not clear if there is room for growth within the same function

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing

2. "Interested to see how I will progress my career"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

very fast pace, entrepreneurial environment. You can see your ideas come to light from start to finish. Great way to leave a footprint & have visibility with senior management

Cons

I appreciated the transparency and honesty throughout the interview process. One of the things that I am noticing is that there may not be a lot of opportunities to grow my career within in the bank in a lateral way. There seems to be either junior people or very senior people. Through my interview i got a sense that most people stay 3-4 years and may then look for other roles outside of the company.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, it may be a good idea to think about how the departments are stuctured

3. "great experience!"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Everyone has made me feel welcome from the first day starting from the initial interview with the talent acquisition partner. Very warm environment, great people, amazing culture.

Cons

everyone is very busy, which is great but it would be great to have a specific training for new hires aside from mandatory training & benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for greatness!

4. "Commercial Banking Intern"

Pros

Job interview and recruiting process representative of company ideals.

Cons

It may be difficult to differentiate between potential employees with so many interviewers; each person had different interviewers to impress.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Think Twice and Don't Join if You Don't Have To!"

I worked at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Smaller Bank and easy to figure things out.

If you don't care about your career's big picture and working with average people, then you'll be fine and you'll fit right in.

If you don't mind slow & gradual career growth at the cost of working with leaders who are demeaning, disrespectful, disingenuous, inauthentic, over-bearing, dominating, controlling, and micro-managers, then you might want to consider a job here. Keep in mind, I said slow and gradual growth which means that be ready to see a promise that may have been made to you being broken.

Cons

People are rude and disrespectful. Leaders at the top play games, are not transparent, and insult junior employees. Bank just gives people fancy titles, but lacks an environment of coaching and developing talent for the long term. A lot of talk happens behind closed doors further demonstrating the double face of some of the leaders at the top. A lot of employee turnover mainly because of how the bank treats its employees. Just not the right place to be. I'd give this place negative ratings if i were able to.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting your people to be pleasers all the time and have the courage to hear things you don't want to hear and own up to it. Treat people fairly and with respect. Don't say things behind close doors. Act with transparency and integrity.

"Service officer"

Former Employee - Client Service Officer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Service Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Leumi USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A bank always looks good on your resume
    There is room to grow if you can climb out of the dungeon

Cons

I was there for a short time and quickly realized It is not for me.

1. There is no structured training! You are expected to shadow other service officers and watch their process. Mind you they all do things differently and won't necessarily explain small processes that can be crucial for a new hire.

2. Work-life balance- you are expected to work 9am to 10pm every day. There is a lot of pressure to do so. Lunch break? Forget about It.

3. Overtime payment- you are hired on a 35hr a week basis. The first 10 extra hours are paid on the normal rate the 35hrs are calculated. Anything over is 1.25 times. I found It dishonest and exploitive towards the employee.

4. Too much job responsibility, not enough structure- the service officer position is basically the clean up guy. I'm not afraid of hard work, but the day to day is just a mess. There's a lot of small improvements that can make everyone's life easier, but mid-management just ignores It and expects you to work harder with little guidance. Did i mention that mistakes can be lethal to the client financials?

5. Very hostile environment. Everyone appears friendly but there is clearly a lot of tension and stress. Employees put on a fake behavior out of fear.

Advice to Management

-Hire more service officers!
    -Know what is really going on with the SO team and don't ignore employee feedback.
    - Draw clear lines of what is expected from each employee and don't let them just figure It out and belittle them when you expect more.

"Private Banker"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

-Close family atmosphere, where every employee can make an impact.
    -An institution that cares about its employees.
    -Growth opportunities for employees with excellent performance and commitment to the bank.

Cons

-Smaller institution with a path to grow technologically.

8. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

Working at Bank Leumi gives you opportunities most large bank do not give.

Cons

Sometime there are challenges because of not enough staff in departments.

9. "Feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Leumi USA full-time

Pros

"Off the job training for on the job success" - this a motto that is not only shared but provided throughout Bank Leumi's many different programs and initiatives. As Employees we are given opportunities to work on different skill sets such as public speaking, creative solutions and networking. These skills then provide us with going above and beyond when speaking with clients and pitching ideas to other teams internally.

Cons

Only Cons would be due to size of firm there are not as many employment opportunities.

"Discrimination in hiring"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Leumi USA part-time

Pros

Great location in Manhattan

Cons

I was hired to assist with recruiting, and one of the jobs I was tasked with was an Executive Admin position for a top level manager. I was specifically told that they were not going to hire a male and to ignore those applicants. In addition, the hiring manager only wanted young women with no more than 7 years of work experience. I thought this was disgusting and blatantly ageist. I was also told to ignore all candidates who were not currently working "my manager doesn't like people who are out of work" was the direct quote. This eliminated a candidate who'd recently recovered from a car accident and another who simply took a year to travel. Lastly, I was expected to produce 200 passive candidates per day. I left within a month because of what felt like a hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Stop with the blatantly discriminatory hiring practices