Bank of America Reviews in Alpharetta, GA | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Good platform to learn and grow, if you are able to move around in company.

Cons

Not much in-house training once you are hired. Hard to move up the ladder if you have not been there for many years.

Advice to Management

Try to mentor, encourage and refer employees to other managers instead of letting them become stagnant your department with small pay increases.

2. "Not good!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast hiring process, excellent benefits.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Poor morale within the department. Did not support staff development causing lots of turnovers within the department.

Advice to Management

Lead by example if you are not showing up to work and making an effort to support your team then be responsible and remove yourself from that position.

3. "Not as expected"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Great people (due to excellent recruiting), good benefits ( fist time I've seen Child care reimbursement)

Cons

Feels like you work at a car dealership!

Advice to Management

Reevaluate direction company is heading

4. "Not a world class company yet"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. Work is stable. Our mangers are cool and try to work with us as much as possible.

Cons

The expectations are becoming more and more unreasonable. We have a terrible vacation schedule. The morale is really bad now.

Advice to Management

Review the way you expect us to treat customers. Yes, they are important but to bring us into a room and tell us we have to be 99% perfect and we are allowed 3 errors in a 12 month period on compliance is ridiculous. Also, departments are different. You cannot compare a mortgage loan that takes sometimes months to complete to an auto loan that takes a few days at most from origination to completion. Update those compliance metrics accordingly. One mortgage loan officer is assigned to a client and has a huge amount of time to go over all policies and facets of the loan. We in the auto loan dept are expected to tell each customer what they need to know in 10 mins--explain everything and be 100% correct on compliance as well as authenticate the customer and disclose policy and procedures correctly. We are not assigned to one customer. We do this for many customers, all day long.
    Call monitoring is a joke. So many things are subjective and the extremely formal, over helpful tone we are expected to have at all times makes us sound like robots. We are not perfect. We will make mistakes. We will learn from those mistakes. To put that kind of pressure on associates is unreasonable and creates low morale and bad working conditions. If Bank of America is going to be a "world-class" company then it should value its associates and our opinions as much as its clients. Also, the vacation schedules should be updated to let more associates off at one time especially during the Holidays.

5. "Great company, great benefits."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Great benefits. Honestly, I love the atmosphere. Everyone wants to do what's best for the customers. Bonuses are better now, focused on rewarding top performers.

Cons

The base salary is too low. However, it is comparable to other banks.

6. "Great Experience as every day was different, dealer base was great to work with and go and visit"

Former Employee - Credit Underwriter in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Credit Underwriter in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never the same day, always new challenges, people were fun to work with

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement as those above you enjoy their spot too and are not interested in advancement

Advice to Management

Very supportive to employees, just wish that there would have been more opportunities to advance at least in this location.

"Great company for growth and learning!"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Provides you with growth opportunities upon successful performance of goals! World class training and opportunities for further education for growth.
    Comapany rewards employees for performance and being a diligent worker. Comapany values integrity and always does the right thing. Provides a safe and positive working atmosphere for employees to succed and work efficiently.

Cons

Management to employee morale are an issue. Management expectations are sometimes unrealistic. Economic condition change rapidly and goals are very aggressive. Must work very hard and be super detailed oriented for success to be promoted to next position.

Advice to Management

Be flexible towards employees needs and concerns. Pressure from Sr. management would drive sales downwards. 360 degree must be equitable in all ways and must be an enforced policy

Showing 7 of 17,645 reviews