Bank of America Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to maintain a good work life balance" (in 532 reviews)

• "Don't get a lot of support from upper management" (in 461 reviews)

1. "Assistance manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I need more knowledge about my career and I need to be advance in technology.

Cons

When they aren't good in technology and advance people

Advice to Management

Management need to advance into some areas of expertise teaching new people way forward.

2. "Unsupportive employer"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to move up, company promotes from within

Cons

Not supportive, late hours, lack of training provided

Advice to Management

Offer more to support employees

3. "Culture is ever-changing"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Operations Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits
    Very strong focus on ethics and compliance towards financial regulation
    CEO is VERY well respected and admired by employees

Cons

Every limited opportunities to advance within own line of business
    Very bad culture of "office politics"

Advice to Management

Quarterly employee engagement surveys instead of yearly.

4. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, few good managers

Cons

Bad culture, favoritism, very little training, pay low

"Once you are in, it's totally worth it."

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer, Assistant Banking Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is like a giant family. Everybody looks out for each other, and does their best to help when they see someone struggling. In the event you do have trouble in the position, the managers take the time to work with you, and if necessary transition you into a different, more suitable role before considering termination. They do everything they can to keep their people and use their strengths to the company's advantage. Benefits are great, lots of opportunity to be part of the community and local events (i.e. NASCAR, NBA games, NFL games - depending on location)

Cons

It is hard to get in from the outside. Positions that are posted first thing in the morning, usually have dozens of candidates within the hour. If you don't get your application in almost immediately after the position is posted, you may not even get looked it. And prior to getting an interview, there are personality tests you are required to take, and they will base even contacting you on the results of that test - without even meeting you first. There is a lot of movement as well, so don't necessarily expect that the job you were hired to do will be the same in a year or two.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the testing required to interview. I'd prefer you get to know me, to determine that I am a good fit, rather than by how I answer a test question. And sometimes, how I would respond isn't even an multiple choice option. Its not an accurate depiction of my character.

"Robot-like leaders"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Financial Center Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, pay and hours are decent. If your leadership team is good then you’ll be fine, if not, good luck!

Cons

Far from empathetic leaders. It’s like you are working for machines. The sales goals are outrageous and their expectations are borderline unethical.

Advice to Management

Have a personality!

7. "Teller to Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company provides good benefits for employees

Cons

Staffing is always short, hours are long with no regards to personal time, opportunities limited, upper management is not appreciative, lack of beneficial training

8. "AVP, Financial Center Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Financial Center Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, discounts, 4 weeks paid vacation for managers, 10 paid holidays and 10 sick days. Fast paced environment, multiple different lines of business so there is plenty of room for advancement. Bonus potential is pretty strong too if you hit your goals. They really have several programs in place to help employees grow with company. To be a successful Financial Center Manager you have to be able to adapt to constant change and have a positive outlook. I would recommend, definitely one of the best banks to work for.

Cons

Staffing at times can be a big challenge. Company is very focused on convenient banking options, ATM, online, mobile banking etc. Unfortunately not all clients are willing to adapt to this ever growing technology. If you can roll with some of the staffing gaps at times then you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, great company overall, not many cons.

9. "Terrible company, terrible management. Please don't ever work here."

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Unit Manager I in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Unit Manager I in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pro is that I met some great people. Even though I was told who I could or could not go to break or lunch with. Unfortunately those great people were cut from this horrible company because BAC doesn't care about who is a hard worker and who meets their numbers. They rely on the close minded opinions of their management sheep to weed out anyone who has an independent thought and strives to do what's right for the customer and company.

Cons

Low pay, high stress, unethical actions from Sr Mgmt. They don't care about their employees. People are just a number, easily replaced or cut. Your tenure doesn't matter. Your hard work and dedication doesn't matter. How other employees feel about you doesn't matter. This is the worst company you could ever work for!!

Advice to Management

If you're a manager in this company, you should just quit. Don't wait for them to target you. Go somewhere else where you'll be happy and compensated fairly.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

Cons

Just that they closed in rural areas.